• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 23, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnolte

displayname
Bruce Nolte
Charlie,
I guess the old man did his homework!
thumbsup.gif

Well my wife ask me what I wanted for Christmas. I gave her a list, 2 IH rear wheel weights, 1 1250 dual hydro., a fresh 16 hp Kohler, a 50" mowing deck in great shape. After she read my list with a few more Cub items on it she looked at me and said ok. The reply had something to do with a place freezing over? That is ok I have my 105, 128, 149 and all the Quitelines to work on I cannot say much. Now on my 105 the rubber that holds the voltage regulator on has rotted, has anyone ever replaced that with any luck. Or just get a voltage regulator?
Joe (Merry Christmas)

Joe Lewis

(Now on my 105 the rubber that holds the voltage regulator on has rotted)

simply go to your local shoe repair shop and ask for some sole trimmings . The thick leather will last.btdt

RODNEY S. - re: Christmas where it's WARM and sunny! Christma in PARADISE isn't all it seems like it would be. About 20 yrs ago family & I spent a week at the Playa Linda Resort in Aruba the week after Thanksgiving, It's right next to the Holiday Inn that Natalie Holloway was last seen in! Anyway, a week of sun, 85-90 degree temps, and the hardest decision We made ALL DAY was whether to sit on the beautiful beach or by the pool and listen to X-mas carols. It didn't really get me in the Christma Spirit at all! I think some of that was due to the fact we were only there for the week and had to come home to the snow, ice, and cold! BUT, Would I go back to Aruba? I would be ready to go in about fifteen minutes!

Just put plow on newly purchased 782 and lift rod appears to be to short (27" total length). What length do I need and does correct rod require bend, short one looks like it will hit side panels. Where can I purchase correct one?

I hope Santa brings something CC to everyone this Christmas whether it's white/yellow or red....I'm sure black would even work in the form of a replacement engine.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone here on the forum.

Graeme, good to see you post!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Tom H., Bryan posed for that after, and because of, my cut/paste edit.
happy.gif
Was that your Farmall Cub? If so, do you still have it?

old.gif

DENNIS,
Meet me in ST.LOUIS and we'll go! As far as CHRISTMAS i'm sure hot sunny weather would'nt let me get in the spirit. But I'd like to find out!On another thought the thrill of gettin on a resurrected CC for its maiden voyage doesn't compare to a sled ride as a kid.Starting at the top of a long hill and flying down it at a ka'zillion miles an hour,then climbing back up and doing it all over again.

Daniel, here's A LINK TO INFO ON HOW TO MEASURE FOR AND MAKE A LIFT ROD This info was originally posted years ago by Steve Blunier. Click on the link and scroll down to my "Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 09:47 am:" post, where I reposted some of Steve's photos and info and some other stuff of my own regarding lift rods.

Joe Lewis,
Yep, I get the same reaction from my frau. They don't see why we should get toys for Xmas now that we're older <font size="-2">(although she did agree to get me an extra magazine for my pistol).</font> But there's something about parts for yellar tractors that gets put to the back of the list. . .
sad.gif

Denny.....I would invite you down here but we are expecting 20 degrees...again!!!!...this weekend. Sunny and warm doesn't describe Florida right now
jawdrop.gif

Merry Christmas to everyone !!!

I purchased a Snow Blade that has been modified and not sure if is a Narrow or Wide frame Blade. All I know is that I have to change some parts back to Cub style? So what does everyone think I have got? I don't have anything in it so I am not hurting. The Kentucky weather keeps changing and my Arthritis keeps bothering me!
Merry Christmas

218530.jpg

218531.jpg

218532.jpg

I caught one of my Cub Cadet 100's singing a Christmas song this morning.
It went something like this...
"All I want for Christmas is my two front headlights, my two front headlights, my two front headlights". Little does my 100 know that I have a stocking with his name on it with a complete light set including a "Grote" taillight. Merry Christmas to all and a safe and happy new year
thumbsup.gif

My wife just agreed to let me get a rear lift to my 105 after Christmas. Ho, Ho, Ho, it is a start. I love my wife and Cubs, just don’t bother my Cubs! Whoops she saw me write that so wife is the one you don’t bother. She walked away so I am ok!
Merry Christmas

Joe you have a wideframe subframe but the uprights that hook into the quick tach are missing.look at the parts list for an idea.

clown.gif

MIKE,
You can,t play favorites! Christmas morning your gonna have to show your others a little love also!Check their oil,check air in tires,give em a rub down with a clean rag, charge their battery,give em a pat on the seat.
You do have your shop radio playing Christmas songs for them don't you? A small white Christmas tree decorated with I.H. emblems and yellow lights would be nice for them in the shop also. MIKE,your personal quote sure has a lot of good meaning!
ROD

Yea they are dreaming of a white xmas so they can play in the snow LOL

Kraig,
Just as a point of reference, when the standard color on the Cub changed from red to yellow and white in 1964 (at S/N 224705), the Farmall name was dropped and it became an International Cub. The offset Lo-Boy's were always Internationals, and on them the standard color changed from red to all yellow in 1960, and to yellow and white in 1963 when the "square nose" appeared. Red and/or yellow was an option. Basically, IH would paint them any color the customer wanted...... if you were buying several tractors. The numbered Lo-Boy's (154, 185, 184) were International Cub Lo-Boy's, and even though the 154 and 185 looked like your zig-zag 125 on steriods, and regardless of how people advertise them for sale, they WERE NOT "Cub Cadet Lo-Boys", although I believe at that time both were part of the Lawn Power Products division. Real Cub Cadets were always painted yellow and white......until IH painted them red and then went out of business.....
lol.gif
dunno.gif

bubbly.gif
ihrotate.gif

PAUL BELL,
THANK YOU for all the I.H. info your willing to share with the rest of us. I hope I speak for us all in saying how much we appreciate it.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
ROD

Paul, right you are (as usual) and I knew better when I posted the edited photo of Bryan and commented on Tom's post. Shame on me!
bottom.gif

218542.jpg

Correct on the 154 as well.

218543.jpg

happy.gif

Latest posts

Back