• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 23, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WILLIS - crankcase breather on a K321 is the same place as on any other K-series Kohler, the rectangular cover with the single 1/4" nut in the center under the carburator.

Willis, when you look behind the cover look for a small drain hole...it has to be on the bottom. Else it will clog up the filter and cause oil to go to strange places.
EDIT: if no one posts a picture do a Search on 'breather cover'...you will find pix there

Hello everyone. Long time no post. I have been busy working and bought a truck yesterday. We got 2-3 inches of snow the we got almost 1/2 inch of ice on top of it.

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Merry</font> <font color="119911"><font size="+2">Christmas</font></font></font> to all Cub and Deere owners. (no pun intended) LOL

Oil Breather
I think Charlie posted this awhile back.

183061.jpg

183062.jpg

Josh: It's ice UNDER the snow that's a pain! This is the first year in what seems like ages that it hasn't rained, frozen, then snowed, here. I'd forgotten how nice it is not to be working on ice! Merry Christmas!

Frank C
(Oil Breather
I think Charlie posted this awhile back.)
Well I think its not an oil breather as only the original needs oil to work properly. LOL hehe .Later Don T

Dave Ross
I was just having a go at Frank C as I think they are call crank case breather on most small engines . lol
here if this helps. the last is my O and thats the only Cub with this breather that you must maintain oil for the breather to function correctly. Later Don T (7 hp K)

183067.jpg

183068.jpg

183069.jpg

I have a 108 cub cadet with a 10 hp and a plow, I also put a stack on it with packing in the baffle which makes it very quiet. The problem I had was it seemed very doggy when in 3rd gear pushing alot of snow it would die out and take quite awhile to recover is this because I have restricted the engine too much and it cannot breath or do I have something set up incorrectly like the governor. In lower gears it does just fine. I did remove the packing and it seems not to die out now. Any help would be great. Thanks

Well today got a lot brighter wow, Thanks Rusty for the shipment. my parts arrived just 2 minutes ago.Merry Christmas to you Digger.
Later Don T
183077.jpg

Michael Lies (Mlies)
That engine has to breathe. A dirty air filter will make them rich ,so if they can`t get rid of the exhaust they can`t work.My stack muffle is not too bad lol and you can see throught it. I do love to hear that crack when the governer picks up the load. My .02 Don T

Thanks Don T. I just hope I didnt do any damage to it since it is a brand new engine. I can see through my baffle after I got rid of the packing. Thanks for the info.

Charlie,
That top pic in your post sure shows the "SUPER STEER" advantage.

Frank that is the optional Cadet charcoal cooker.I have a bunch of them was going to buff the front side and have them Black Nickel Chrome plated.

Hey yall! Merry Christmas eve. Question< What size auotlite spark plug goes into a k321? Isnt that the spark plug yall recomend? Also, have any of you tried a platinum plug? Would it be too much for the coil?
wave.gif
ihrotate.gif

Thanks Guys for all your help Merry Crristmas too all of you

coffee.gif

Have a safe and happy holiday, everyone!!

ihrotate.gif

Well, the old guys been spotted leaving the North (No, not Charlie, we're talkin' about Santa))
183085.jpg

Hope everyone has a Merry (and safe) Christmas!!

Latest posts

Back