• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 21, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope we dont need to plow anymore snow for awhile! I went to my doctors this morning and have a unilateral inguinal hernia. That is the worst one you can possibly have due to the location. All the plowing and shoveling has made me sore to the point where I figured something was wrong. I have an appointment to have a CT scan done tomorrow and another on the 29th with a surgeon to see about surgery, which is the ONLY way to repair it. What a crappy time of year to have this happen. I will be lurking but wont have anything going on with the 106 for at least 4 to 6 weeks. I guess I will bring the mower deck to the cellar to work on that while I'm not allowed to lift anything over 20#. I will set it up on sawhorses and strip it down and repair at that level! I can still sand and paint it!!

Afternoon guys. Just a Question from me. Is 8 IH wheel weights and my 230 Lbs to much for the 149? Got some snow to move and snow blower has a broken shear pin .. so Later Don T
animatedihbear.gif

Dennis...Ya..I usually forget about including ice into the equation, I usually don't get any. Just snow here. The only time I have to worry bout ice here is when the neighbors are leaking water into the road.

I have a 682 with a QA42A hooked to it and a 3.5 inch speed up pulley but the belt wont go quite tight enough. It worked as long as i didn't push to hard but it just didn't work well. I have a brand new stock 5/8 inch belt on it now but if it starts to slip it woundt last long. What is the length of they original 5/8 belt and do you think 1/2 inch shorter would work. Also where can i get a shorter belt if i need one.
Thanks for your help

Brendan,
It could be a popping. What would cause the popping? I take it a pop is not the same as a backfire? I am choking the engine for that popping issue...

Frank, Better get some deicer for that cub. well here goes the weight is in place. I still have another 150 # yet to use and will if needed. sure hope i don`t break anything. lol
111820.jpg

Mark Amberman (Mamberman) popping could be a bad condenser. My .02

Mark..technically, a back fire is when it flames back through the carb. Popping through the exhaust is usually due to unburnt gasses being ignited in the exhaust from the temp in there when you shut the engine down. Also from a leaky exhaust valve.
I had a truck at one time that we built for wheelin that I had put sidepipes on as stacks to keep the exhaust away from rock or whatnot. The exhaust valves were so bad that at idle at night it would have nice blue flames licking from the stacks. Drew a lot of attention at night at red lights or at a gas station.

Plowing snow the other day with my 109. All of a sudden, the hydro lever became real hard to move. Both forward and reverse. It was really cold, and I thought maybe some snow/ice around the linkage. pressed an released brake pedal few times. Seemed Ok for a bit then tightened up again.

Parked in heated garage overnight, and used yesterday. Before I started the lever was hard to move, then seemed ok. But soon after tightened up again. Would change sporadically, without obvious reason. Otherwise tractor performed well.

Haven't had a chance to look at it(wife's Blazer brakes are apart in the garage), but will tonight or the next. Any particular ares I should look 1st??

Oh ya, the unit was cleaned down, and All the pivot points sprayed with white grease just a month ago. Had been working smoothly until saturday.

Alright, so for the popping issue I want to lean up the mixture a little bit and if that doesn't work I should check the condenser (what is that?) and if that doesn’t work I need to do a leak down test and listen for a leaky valve?

Mark Amberman (Mamberman) here you go. You will have one attached to the coil. Later Don T
111828.jpg

Roger, I think I'd have a look under the tunnel cover sooner then later just in case somethings come loose under there and is binding. And just in case, I'll post this for you.

111830.jpg

111831.jpg

hello guys i am in need of chains for my 73 the tire has 12-8 on them idk what size chains should i get and are 2 link or 4 link better

Andrew, are you sure that the tires don't say 6-12?
1a_scratchhead.gif
FWIW, 2 link are WAY better then 4 link. <FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

jus went out and checked and they are 6-12 it was unclear so it looked lik a 8 took a brush to it and the 8 changed to a six lol

Kraig.

Thank you. I have copied that. Will try to look tonight. But I have to get her truck fixed. Two reasons---you know wives, and, besides, I have to get the truck out of the garage to have the room to check the cub.

Somehow I got the feeling the brake linkage was causing the issue.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) well guys i ran in the same problem with my 129 and it turned out to be item # 14 here. It would get caught up and not move as it should. my .02 lol
111839.jpg

Well I have an up date on my poor running 1650

The good news is that she will run and be ready for a spring plow day somewhere?. The bad news is The guy that rebuilt it for me { suppose to be a mechanic }, told me he has rebuilt hundreds of the kohler k series motors.

After checking everything on the external part of the motor that I many others told me to check I was at a loss... so pulled the motor and removed the pan to find the cam was off 1 tooth ... the compression release was bent slightly ... cam was wore { should have been replaced when the rebuild was done . The biggest surprise of all was the 2 nd ring was upside down . causing it to wear funny in the bore.

I guess what I will learn from this is that { I'll do my own engine work from now on !!!!!!!. not only did it cost $ 500.00 plus for the rebuild but now Iam doing it over checking a so called seasoned professionals work . Did I mention that I hate holding a grown mans hand ...

animatedihbear.gif

bash.gif

explotar2jr.gif

Back