• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 20, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Speaking of stuff to see.
218307.jpg

218308.jpg

218309.jpg

218310.jpg

Charlie, Nice! I might have to get one of those hats, I was born in 1961 so that would be a good birthday present for myself.
old.gif

Art, time will tell on the snow. I'm not holding out for 4" or the 8". BTW, no comment needed out of you on my comment to Charlie above.
draw.gif
roflol.gif

KRAIG - actually, it's a video. Wife put it on a flash drive and I have to figure out how to download & e-mail.

Does anyone have any info on how to time a 982 after changing the point. I read that there is no markings on the fly wheel.

Hey kraig, you notice my lil spot light down by the PTO engagement handle? Magnet holds it to the side if the tower. I got it hardwired to the harness. Since its magnetic, I can move it to the back fender area so I can see to hook up the trailer at night. Where it's at, I can swivel it to shine out to the side so I can see the edge of my mower deck at dusk when I run out of light. That way I can see where I'm going and see where my deck edge is going. But mostly I use it to the rear of the tractor to see hooking up the trailer. I did'nt want something bolt on, so I could move it around the tractor. Even would come in handy as a flashlight if something broke down!
ihrotate.gif

DONALD - Saw your post about my radio. If you've got a spare AM/FM/Cassette or CD player it's not hard to hook it up. I just made a small alum box Pop-rivited together and sealed with clear RTV with some grommets to seal where the wires run in & out on the back. I use the headphones to listen to it. Hardest part is to find room on a CC. On a WF I'd almost put it over the center tunnel cover. Think I installed my Pioneer back in about '87 when I traded trucks, so it's been on there twenty-three yrs. Just don't ask how many pairs of headphones I've backed/mowed over O-K? If I don't wear them they sometimes fall off the back of the seat.

Charlie "Digger" Proctor
I hope you have a good supply of those . I will need a black hat and a key chain for my 61 Original when I finish that this spring. I need to get another seat cover (leather ) for the O also, I have the leather seat cover on my 100 and love it. Should be sweet to Have them for a display on a restored Original.
thumbsup_old.gif

LUCAS - Yep, that's what happens when you buy a CC and fix it up a little..... pretty soon you've had the thing for THIRTY years and you've done all sorts of little modifications to it.

I bought that tractor either the first or second week of January, 1981.

Dennis Frisk
I think I will install one. I had a friend arrive today to take some measurements of my tractor for a cab. I`am thinking wood will work .The ground is white here snow is falling and the temps have not risen like the weather guessers say it will yet. I do hope it does rain because I have a trip planned at five am and hope there is no snow for the trip.With my luck we will get a bunch of snow.
old.gif

old.gif

Charlie,
I call dibs on at least 1 black hat and 2 KEY chains!!
DENNIS,
I have a I.H. marked on the face AM/FM radio from either a scout or pu.
That would be neat on a CC.
ROD

RODNEY, DONALD - Not sure what DAD's intention was, but when I turned 14 I got a TRACTOR radio for my birthday. Guess he was tired of me changing the station on HIS all the time or something. Ohh, and that same basic radio, well, at least the box in slightly modified form is still on my #1 snow mover today, 42 years later.

If you spend enough time on a Cub Cadet, or wear head phones for noise reduction, there's really no reason NOT to put a radio on them. Just don't do it like all the sales brochures show, drill holes and BOLT them on the hood!
bash.gif

How come some Originals have a welded S/G bracket that bolts to engine, and others have a cast iron bracket? Did the welded replace the cast? I have one of both and wondered which is most accurate to have. thanks.

Keith,
Maybe if Steve doesn't want the 149, I wouldn't mind trading for a 149. And speaking of zig-zags, I have three 104s and a 125. I guess they're well represented at my house.

A lot of traffic on here today, and I miss it as work got in the way again.

<font size="-1">Kraig-
I don't know about you, but I'm not buyin' this 4"-8" the weather-guessers are talking about.

I'm bettin we get just a bit over an INCH!
</font>

So, Art, how'd you turn out with the snow? We got 8+ today in beautiful downtown Olivia, MN between 8am and 5pm.

Michael G,
The welded S/G bracket came first on early '61 models.

Charlie, That "chick" looks like she's really gettin' down. HAHAHA

Greg, Art, I have about 3.5" to at most 4" of fresh snow.

Michael, like Keith said, the welded bracket would only be on the early Originals the cast bracket was used on the later Originals.

The earlier parts book, the TC-82 shows the welded version:

218321.jpg

The later parts book TC-113 shows the cast bracket:

218322.jpg

Lip-
I just walked in the door from work a few minutes ago. (late night) It looks like we got about 3 inches of snow, but now it's misting ice pellets. My normal 40-minute commute took about an hour and a half tonight. The truck was coated in about 3/4" of solid ice when I pulled in the garage.
bash.gif

Denny-
I've been real happy with a set of these when mowing. No drilling, no wires, and a set of TWO AA-batteries seems to last all summer.

AO Safety Music Headphones

It's amazing how much more enjoyable the task becomes with a few tunes!
whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back