• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 20, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the QA thrower fixed on the 1600. $.69 snap ring failed and the key stock fell out. Chewed up a few teeth on the 90 degree gear, but still has plenty of meat to make the winter. Throwers are the way to go. High of 5 today and -9 right now. Global warming?? Waaayyyy to early for this stuff!

Nick - I GUARANTEE soon as I get Cub all tired/chained/plow hooked up it won't snow AT ALL. unless tractor quits running for some reason or part breaks-then it'll snow like a mother for 3 days straight. all I need to plow is my walk:100+ feet and enuff to get one car out. but I want to be able to plow other parts of walk down street-take turns with friend down street . He has a nice old Allis Chalmers hydro garden tractor with plow,does most block with it.that A-C is cool,rear pto and everything.
I miss plowin-always had a plow on my Ford trucks-good tension relase plowin 3 AM no one around.

Jason The unit you describe as "open with a fan" is most likely an automotive generator only unit. While it will "motor" it won't develop enough torque to crank an engine and is designed to use a three unit regulator with a current limiter. If you use it with a two unit regulator like on a Cub it may "run wild" and create all kinds of mayhem. The windings are different between a S/G and an automotive generator which allows the S/G to develop more cranking torque and the automotive unit to produce more amps. Because of the difference the S/G is self limiting on amperage and doesn't need a three unit regulator. The automotive unit was open frame to dissipate the heat created by the increased amperage it was capable of producing.

still looking for help with my 70 cub is there any easy way to clean a carb with out tearing it all apart. I was thinking about just taking it off the tractor taking the the float bowl off and soaking it all in a carb cleaner for like an hour woul that work? or if anybody has any other ideas fell free to help me out want to get this done before christmas if I can thanks for all the help.

Harry M, if that's all it takes to keep the snow away, hurry up and get your cub ready cus mine's still apart. Nick

harry, im less than 10 min away from you, and this wind is getting bad!

Brendan
great videos thanks!!looks like a whole bunch of fun.
Wayne Thanks for your help!I was told by the neighbor the same thing.I belive I will use it for parts ,bearings and brushes!the inside "visualy" looks the same as a SG but the open ends and fan threw me for a loop.I took apart another SG I had,one of the torched ones,thats where I got the solid ends and put them on.Thank you
Jason

yah i got one, along with almost all the other missing parts. lol

Latest posts

Back