• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 20, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbranstetter

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Brian Branstetter
I think Kraig stole my pictures again.
lol.gif
Just kidding Kraig!

111747.jpg

111748.jpg

111749.jpg

TO:Jerry Bliler[Jbliler] Howdy partner!...i just asked a question about my kohler-k161 motor on dec.19,2008.go to ih cub cadet forum....scroll down to december 19,2008...look for member Allen Schumacher[Aschumacher]...his answer to my question may help you

Hey guys.Well the owner brought me a good s/g,so I mounted er up-went out and picked up a new belt and put er on and by god wouldn't you know the 127 came to life.Not bad for sitting for 3 years.Now my question is what is wrong with the hydro.It drives ahead ok but not even an offer to backup????.My own cubs are all gear driven so no experience there.Please help.Thanks for your time.K.W.

G'day all, we're still hangin on here. Since we are either nearly a year behind or nearly a day ahead, just thought I'd get in early. This of Santa ended up (down) down here last year, happy returns & may y'all have a happy season.
111755.jpg

111756.jpg

Just an update.

We got almost 30 inches of snow north of Spokane WA where I live over the past few days. My 982 with the QA42 (that doesn't really fit it) was doing ok except the snow was over the rear wheels and backing up was a nightmare. then the PTO just up and quit. So get I out the Craftsman 917 (not quite as big as the cub) with it's back blade push a little more snow and BAM! I lose the Hydro fan and pulley. I limped it into the shop next to the cub. Then I take out a long broom handle and start searching through the snow drifts for my old David Bradley 2 wheel tractor with a 36 inch snow blade, find it, dig it out, but can't get it to start.

I have about $1800.00 worth of snow moving equipment and I ended up doing my entire driveway with a $12.00 snow shovel. I think the universe is trying to tell me not to use fossil fuels to move snow.

anyway... Does anyone know why the PTO would just stop working?

-everettdale

Charlie- U can stop your snow dance!!!!!!! all my snow fleet is broke down and in for repairs!!
sad.gif
sad.gif
I hate having to shovel this stuff!
happy.gif

I just finished my driveway with my 122 w/cc42. We got 18" now in 24 hrs. And still snowing !
sad.gif

EVERETT - The front PTO is electrically engaged. There's a small black button, Two if Your 982 has the optional rear PTO, they're about 1/2" in dia & 3/8" tall, push in on then slightly, turn counter-clockwise, and a little glass tube style fuse is under them...Check the fuse, It's probably blown, They're AGC-10's according to My manual. Ohhhh, and more advice...NEVER keep track of the Money...EVER. It hurts too much to think about.
jawdrop.gif

Tristan S. - Nobody responded to Your question on chains....Yes, chains for 23-9.50X12's should work fine on Your 23-8.50X12's. In fact, They'll wrap around onto the sidewalls farther than 8.50 chains so You won't have to worry about driving out of them. $57 is a GREAT price for 2-link spacing cross chains, If they also offer chains with twisted links or a "V" shaped bar welded across the links in the cross chains they're WELL worth the additional expense. I bought some replacement cross chains like that for My chains for the 70 with 6-12 rear tires, when those reinforced cross chains come around the tractor MOVES if it was spinning.

GRAEME - You need to turn Your camera UPSIDE-DOWN next time You take a picture of that nice looking 102, Either that or turn the tractor upside-down.
roflol.gif

MATT - Differential brakes help from getting stuck, but on something as small as a Cubbie, "Body English" does as much good and is cheaper. Back a day or so ago someone asked about a CC locking differential on CC's. It probably wouldn't turn worth a darn but I've considered making a "Lincoln Locker" for one of My Cubbies. When I push snow with the Super H, I carry the front wheels off the ground so all steering is with the brakes, Like All Super series Farmall's it has the double-disc self-energizing disc brakes, After 12-13 yrs of pushing snow the left side brake appears to be getting due for a "tune-up". I got a box of discs from Dad when He delivered the tractor years ago, and I know all His secrets. Friday night pushing snow riding the left brake the outer brake housing was warm to the touch.

keith Warwick (Kwarwick) I would say that the hydro release valves are stuck or at least the valve that handles the back up is. Some can be fixed by cleaning the top button and sometimes they will free up if at wot you try to move rapidly forward and the back up. If this dosn`t work you will have to replace the valve. Good luck, my 147 was slow backing up but it did free itself after some use. Just my .02 Later Don T
old.gif

'Mornin', Don & All. That sounds like the best place to me for Keith to start. 29 below zero outside right now. Y'all have a great day!
coffee.gif

Thanks Donald for the info.I did take it out for a tour up and down the side walk-it really scoots along good.Can you point me to a picture of what to look for on the hydro?Thanks very much Donald.K.W.

Wicked cold out there this morning! We are in for another 2-5 inches this afternoon. I think I'll put the 106 on the charger so I can plow when I get home from work around 8. I have a rear light that has no bulbs in it and no cover, could that cause a problem when running with lights on. Would that ground out when it gets wet? It kills my battery and cuts out the engine when I do run them, and its still not charging the battery, any ideas would greatly help. I do think I may have a dead cell in a month and a half old battery too. Thanks ahead.

Keith , the 2 valves are under the tunnel cover by your seat. sitting on the tractor they are under the tin just in front of the seat. Should have a leaver to release them to move your cub by lifting the handle. here is a picture i took from CC Specialties. later Don T
111759.jpg

Matt G. I agree with Steve B. on having the right belt for the job. 4 years ago I purchased an h42 snow thrower for my 682. It came with belt but it had a burn spot in it where it must have been loose and the thrower was plugged up. Nearest IH dealer is about 75 miles from me, I work in an auto parts store so I matched one up an I put a BX34 gates on my thrower. It matches up to the IH very close. I purchased another one this year just to have it handy incase something goes wrong but I dont forsee it happening. The BX34 is a 5/8 wide belt with rawcut edges and is notched on the inside to dissipate heat and allow it to grab on the pulley better. Also it is going to be cheaper than a green belt which is going to slip under a heavy load until you BURN through the outer casing. I can actually stall my tractor if I want to over feed it snow with the h-42 thrower.

Dennis -

Ohhhh, and more advice...NEVER keep track of the Money...EVER. It hurts too much to think about.

Excellent advice - thanks for the reminder!

The cost to have this type of equipment is little in comparison to back surgery for a fractured disk. I am not even counting the days, weeks, and months of getting back to normal (what ever that might be). We need to keep our tractors and equipment in the best condition possible. The cost is small in comparison. Hope everyone has a safe and blessed holiday season.

Hey Donald.Thanks very much,I will look for those later on today.K.W.

Dennis F.-

True, but I'm not heavy enough for that to be effective...I can slide over and stop the spinning wheel, but then the other wheel starts spinning. I've got a couple of inclines that I mow where it'd be unsafe for me to be moving around too much...all it'd take to stop would be to touch the brake on that side. I'll give them a try.

Back