• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 17, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
KIRK L. - re: smooth clutch discs. I think most places use a rougher grind stone or turn them in a lathe with a fairly fast feed rate across the friction surface to save time. The rougher stone removes metal faster.

The clutch should have a real nice smooth engagement feel to it with those smooth discs, I agree with DON T., as long as the friction faces are perpendicular to the clutch shaft and flat they should be fine.

I put a MWSC clutch in my 72 4 yrs ago but it came all assembled, I never got to see what kind of finish the faces had. As long as you can abrade away a finger nail on the friction surfaces you should be a great shape.

Kirk,
For some reason, she likes green and yellow more than yellow and white...she keeps telling me I have to get rid of one or two Cubs but she was perfectly fine with the 445. Go figure.

Scott,
Maybe I can paint it pink and tell her it's for our grand daughter who told me I need to paint one of them. Maybe it will be painted like this one.

218166.jpg

TERRY, SCOTT - My Wife didn't really seem to think I needed my 982 ten yrs ago when I bought it. Guess she wanted me to spend 3 to 5 hrs mowing every week. I tried to coax her into liking the 982 by saying I'd have SPECIAL decals made declaring the tractor was HERS. Didn't really work out that well. She's driven it several times, just doesn't want it to be her's I guess.

Charlie,
LOL, I had to race out this morning and push the snow before the sun hit the asphalt and took my snow away. It's up to 40 degrees now and my neighbors driveways that didn't get cleaned are now just as shiny as mine!

Donald,
That 125 is put together from 2 that I bought last July. One donated the frame + hydro, sheet metal, wheels, hydro lift, and wheel weights, and a nice deck. The second was pretty rusty but had a brand new replacement K301, the snow blade,and a #2 trailer. I swapped engines and sold the rusty tractor. Net investment about $125 plus about 10 hrs driving time and a little shop time. Needless to say I'm happy with the deal!

218170.jpg

Michael A. Miller

Thank you for Saving one ! And it turned out to be a great tractor.
worthy.gif

Lucas,
You can come get it for a price, it or the 122. I don't really want to part with both. Maybe one of those and the engineless 123 also.

TERRY - Everybody must have an "engineless 123" in their back yard! ;-) Same way with working 129's! Too bad I sold my 129 4+ yrs ago. But I wanted to keep the herd down to only three, the #70 Dad bought new in '65, the #72 I bought used in Jan. '81. and the 982.

Dennis,, Hydro Harry way back in the old days said a 129 with a 44A was the best that IH ever put out. I tend to agree.
fence.gif

That said I'm always looking for a red smoker.

Richard T you really must add a 42 inch snow blade to the "129 Package". This is my first winter with a hydro snow pusher, and it just happens to be a 129.
Now I dont think i will use GDs any more for pushing.

Dennis,
I hate to see this engineless 123 be parted out, so I'm hoping someone buys it whole with the intention of seeing it live again.

This 129 isn't perfect, but it has a lot of possibilities. I might make it another back up mower or if I find a wide sub-frame it will get the front blade.....who knows....that is if I can swing a deal and keep the wife happy all at the same time.

Micheal,

Just curious...What else in on that trailer with the old '40s vintage ag tread? Is it a walk behind?

Jerry

ihrotate.gif

A penny for everyones thoughts!
roflol.gif

I've been wanting a "61'CCO.I have a '63'.Would it be on the up&up to change out trannys with a '61' I found and call it a '61'? Just looking for some .02!
THANKS,
ROD

Good eye Jerry! It's an old Speedex Model C. Got that in a package deal along with an IH chipper/shredder.

218200.jpg

Rodney,
It still wouldn't be a '61 in my book. But I guess it could be considered kosher since the updated parts could just be replacements for damaged parts. Which is what a dealer would have done. If you want an early '61 you'd need pin on spindles and a frame without the hole for the creeper and no half moon slot in the pedestal. Stuff like that to really look like an early Original.
Just my opinion though. It's your tractor, do what makes you comfortable so it's how you want it.
Keith

Shift.gif

MICHAEL,
Wheres the pic of the I.H.c/s? We like those also.Have a son living out your way,in TRIANGLE,VA.

Keith,
IHThumbsDOWN.jpg

I wasn't real keen on the idea myself!Thats why I wanted others thoughts.Thanks for yours.
Do you know what month the pin on spindles were changed?
I'll find me a July built CCO one of these days!
I see you live in Springfield,MO. I live about 2hrs north of you. I go south to your area a lot,and to WEST PLAINS about once a month.Give me a shout if you ever need something from my way.
THANKS,
ROD

RICHARD T. - Yep, my old 129 (Actually it was SON's tractor) had a 44A deck on it. It was a great mowing tractor, I "modified" the deck to narrow it down so I could haul it in my pickup without removng the deck and as an added bonus it would fit in all the tight places where my unmolested 50C won't even come close to going. But still covered the ground fast when mowing.

The tractor was a basket case when I bought it, rebuilt the engine, hydro was 100% solid of course even having been over THOUSANDS of acres of lawn, some guy used it as his prime mower for a lawn service before I got it. Cosmetically it was a disaster when I got it but new paint, decals, & seat fixed all that with a LOT of extra work.

I wouldn't have gotten rid of it except for the fact I gained an unexpected full size FARMALL M that had great family importance and needed to make room in the shop for that. I got over twice what I paid for the tractor after 15 yrs of mowing with it. It was a cheap tractor to run too. The 12 HP hydro & 44 in deck was a good combination. The blades that were on the 44 in deck when I got it were still in good shape when I sold it! Never had any issues with the spindle "waterpump" bearings either.

I realize this is off topic, but there is a John Deere 330 Diesel with a 52" deck for sale near me, $1250. Looks in good shape except missing side panels. Is this a good buy?

Thoughts, opinions on my $10.00 NF adapter for mounting a WF blade subframe to my recently aquired 122?
218207.jpg

218208.jpg

Latest posts

Back