• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through December 16, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucas, Rodney-

The pins in the clutch driver are 3/8"x1 1/2" coiled roll pins. You don't really need a press to remove or reinstall them. I just use a penetrating oil with a punch and hammer. I open my vise about 1/2" and use it as an anvil to drive them in or out.

I didn't find them in Charlies driveline/clutch section but that doesn't mean he doesn't have them. I know McMaster-Carr has them. If you find a selection of grade I'd get the heaviest one.

My 100 did not have the pto clutch anti-rattle springs in it when I got it. After mowing with it like this for two summers I have decided to try adding them. The problem is I don't know how they are supposed to fit. Could someone take a photo of a clutch or explain this to me?

Ryan G.
We have FAQ's ya know.
beerchug.gif

http://cubfaq.com/mechanical_clutch.html

Thanks for the help Mr. Proctor. I couldn't find anything in the FAQ's about a pto clutch, just drive clutches.

thumbsup.gif

WAYNE,
Your correct!
I had it in my head 1/4".But they are 3/8.
Sorry Lucas.
I used a press cause it was handy and didn't even try doing it another way.
Thanks!
ROD

JAMES D. - Blowng the frt crank seal out probably isn't oil related. I can't tell by your post if your pushing snow with a blade or using a blower but I'm going to "ASSUME" (yeah, I know!) that your using a blower. And to run good they probably pull harder than your mower when cutting grass. Which increases blow-by past the rings, and in cold temps could cause the breather assembly to frost over.

The blow-by increases pressure inside the crankcase, when it should be under a small vacuum, and something has to give, which in your case is the frt seal. Be glad it was that one, because to do the seal on the other end the engine has to come out and flywheel pulled.

I'd replace the seal with a new one and swipe some good gasket sealer around the outside of it before installing it, then pull the breather cover and make sure the "cross-shaped" reed valve and mesh filter, etc are all in good shape. Make sure you put the center plate in with the small punched hole in the plate towards the BOTTOM.

Hope that helps....ask more questions if necessary and let us know how things turn out!

Hey erbody, Charlie is having FREE SHIPPING DAY TODAY!! WOO HOO!! Better git your orders in!! Need my order soon as possible Boss! Before it snows bad down here! I got a feeling it's gonna be a cold wet winter in St Louis area this year...
buttrock.gif
Thanks charlie
ihrotate.gif

We got only 2" of snow here in Central VA yesterday, but it was enough to try out my new CC125 snow remover. I LOVE this tractor! Plenty of power and the hydraulic lift was a huge improvement! Last year I used a 2185 with manual lift...that machine is now relegated to grass cutting only!
I had a ball but it only lasted about 20 minutes before I was out of snow. You guys in the midwest please send some this way.
thumbsup.gif

218144.jpg

Lucas, sorry you have that wrong. That's Matt G's <strike>modification</strike> perversion of my "perfection" image. Here's the real deal:

218150.jpg

Michael A. Miller

Kraig is
drool.gif
and me also. I`ll be happy if my 125 ever looks that "nice" and a RED Diesel wow .Got any more pictures . we all like them.
worthless.gif

In with the bush (Xmas Tree ) so i`am told,must go in today.
old.gif

Latest posts

Back