• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 16, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljones

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Lucas Jones
Michael, you would definitly need to brace it so it doesn't ruin your block.

Kraig, what are the deminsions of the shed you are building?

Where can I find the roll pins for my clutch driver plate?

Some of my recent inprovements to my 122.
218121.jpg

218122.jpg

Took some pics today
218123.jpg

After a test to see how muddy the corn feild was.
218124.jpg

Anybody want to see how fast she will go in third gear
clappy.gif

Don't quote me on this, but I think the K341 16hp jumps to 1-1/4" NPT threads on the exhaust port, vs. 1" on the smaller blocks. this makes "just swapping exhaust elbows" to use a 12-14hp muffler more difficult.

Someone please verify, but I seem to recall there being a difference.

It looked bigger to me also, that is why I asked. Of course, I could have measured it, but I still would have asked to make sure.
clappy.gif

Mr. Plow is right once again. The exhaust port on my 16hp K341 pullers were/are bigger than the 12 and 14hp.

I know I have at least 1 of those elbows for the 16hp K341 laying on a shelf for I thought was going to use it on the 12hp K301 in recently rebuilt 125, but it was too big.

Steve B., you could be correct about the exhaust on the 16hp. I was merely speculating.
happy.gif

Lucas, that's an old photo of my Cub Shed. The main section as seen in that progress photo is 10'x 18'. It also has a 10'x 24' lean-to on it. It's WAY too small!!! Here's a photo of the completed shed I took several years back, there's quite a bit more snow on it right now.

218126.jpg

More photos of it HERE Scroll all the way down.

STEVE & VINCE - Even if you use the tapped holes for a header style flange around the NPT threads the 16 HP K341 is a different beast than the K241,301,321.

Kraig,
It looks like that thread Sheds and Shops has been dormant since February. Maybe the posts about the tarp sheds and garages can get it's own thread and have these posts moved there? Over on wfm, where I moderate, Chris Neal wanted me to move several posts into his newly created thread, so like the obedient person I am, I did.....

TERRY - speaking of WFM, did I see you post you drive eighty-one miles one-way to work?

I used to think my 60 & 70 mile commutes were really unusual. Nope... not anymore. LOTS of people I've known have driven further than I did! It's getting too hard and expensive to move two-income families now days.

Josh,

BTDT, but it does take some work.

Dennis,
Yes - more like it's 82 miles one way. But I actually ride a Ride Finders van that's contracted with the company I work for. So I only have to drive 7 miles one way to catch that van and then I ride it. I drive the van maybe once or twice a week, usually the ride home, so it works pretty good. Makes it a lot easier on me.

TERRY - Nice that you get to not put all those miles on your personal vehicle.

When I was still driving my diesel pickup every day and #2 diesel went up to close to $3/gal. it was costing me close to $100/week just for fuel to get to work. My truck was getting 18-19 MPG, sometimes better than 20 in the summer, and fuel was cheaper than gas, it took quite a few gas price increases to justify getting a small more economical car for my 120 mi/day drive. With gas at $4/gal it cost me $16/day or $80/week even with the car.

Shift.gif

Lucas,
I believe I saw those drive roll pins at Charlies
place,CC SPECIALTIES.You might need a press to get the old ones out!When you do, support your plate good so it doesn't bend on you.
LUCAS, I checked! They are there under clutch and drive line parts.And if you order 80 12-17-10
[tomorrow] CHARLIE pays shipping.

ROD
ihrotate.gif

my 124 blows the front crank seal out when i am plowing snow.i mowed with this tractor for 11 years and never had a problem.could it be the 10-30 oil i am using because of temperature?that is the only difference i can think of.i will appreciate any input from you guys.thanks jimmy

shhh.gif

ALLEN,
Thats the way I took it!
$100.00 and over 12-17-10, free shipping to lower
48. If he had waited a week, he could have shipped SANTA EXPRESS!
biggrin.gif

ROD

Back