• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 15, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so next question. My front spindles are worn pretty bad... I could put new bushings in, but Im sure they wouldnt help much and would just wear out prematurely again. Has anyone ever converted the front wheels on an original over to bearings? I see that lasting longer, and also not being greasy mess... Thoughts?

Jason,
Having painted well over 100 gallon between my dad brother and I the only bad thing I can say about IH red from the dealer that if left outside very much it will fade. And it don't take that long to notice. Just doesn't handle that well. but I will continue to use it.

Tom S. is that a one part or two part primer?. I've been looking at the 2k clear that is offered through Eastwood to top coat over regular rattle can paint for a upcoming none cub cadet project. But the primer they offer is two part and doesn't fit into my time frame of week/months.

Doug - if you look under the Refurbish and Restoration thread, you'll see Tom's Tomcat thread where he stated the following about this SprayMax Primer:

"I'm a believer. SprayMax 2K Epoxy Primer in a can. Who woulda thunk!! German patented product. Genuine 2-part primer because you burst the hardner cartridge within the can prior to usage. Excellent reviews...now mine. Locomotiveman Tom"

2Part Epoxy Primer ie 2-K Primer in a spray can is very new, but very good. Go to YouTube; CableTV's Speed Channel had it too. My Pittsburg Paint shop dude did his Corvair with it. It is sold in USA as SprayMax. Not horrible $$$. $17 for a hefty rattle can. NOT an etching primer, just real genuine 2-part epoxy Primer. Tom

300953.jpg

Attachments

• 300953.jpg
    300953.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 300953.jpg
    300953.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 122
Harry & Tom thanks for the info. I knew Tom was redoing tomcat, but I didn't know he had thread going in refurbishing.

Who are the NF Hydrualic lift Ghru's on board here?
It's about time to go through the lift unit I plan to install on my 126 later this winter and need to know if anyone has a parts kit available for the rehab.

The condition is unknown at this point, (still sitting in the box) other than it's needing a new cylinder rod, hoses and a belt.

Thanks Guys!
Oh... and Merry Christmas to all!!

Dave do you have 2013 & 2014 Cadet Connection Mag? Tim DeLooza wrote up great article (Narrow Frame Hydraulic Lift) in CC Fall 2013 issue & Winter 2014 issue with pics. You can order back issues for $6 each.
Shift.gif

Attachments

• Shift.gif
    Shift.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 122
Ok I have a question . I had to clean my carb today on my 104 and I am trying to find out what I need to set the needles on the first adjustment ? I wanna say its 3 turns back out for the main fuel needle and 2.5 turns for the idle fuel needle but not sure ?

Amy-

Based on past experience I would start at about 2-1/8 turns on the main and 1-3/4 turns on the idle.

Ended up about 2 3/4 and 2 1/4 on them. Its amazing how dirty those carbs get under normal wear an tear. Ty for the help

It never ceases to amaze me at the total lack of normal brain function of some people!
300980.jpg

Attachments

• 300980.jpg
    300980.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 300980.jpg
    300980.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 129
Yeah, no kidding... No washer between the nut on that bolt and the hitch. Duh, what were they thinking?!?!?!?

nope I think he meens not touching up the near perfect weld job with primer and paint
rofl.gif

Attachments

• rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    388 bytes · Views: 117
But just think - the hitch is at the perfect height
1a_scratchhead.gif

(And if it isn't well just stand on it and bend it a little. That weld won't break)
Hey - maybe it's not even a hitch. Maybe it's a device to help remove the rear end cover
err.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 119
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 120
I love this site!!!!

Charlie I think your using that tractor, the second picture has muddy chains

Latest posts

Back