• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 15, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Nic,

42" thrower on 782 and 54" blade on SGT...that's my set up and it works great!!!!

Mr. Plow,

Why do I feel like I'm constantly playing catch up to you? LOL!
I bet we'd get along great if we lived closer.

Here in SE MI it snowed all day saturday and we ended up with about 6" of the powdery stuff. Enough that the 147 rolled it right over the front blade a couple of times. Another 1/2" or so today, and the weather guessers are calling for another 2-3 monday night. I'll take the seat time.

Cub's look'n good as usual Steve! Getting some good distance with that thrower too.

We started getting snow yesterday around 5;00pm or so, still snowing on and off. Got about 4 or 5 inches out of this storm. Likely nothing compared to you New York boys and your lake effect snowfall I am sure? Hope to get the 782 and blower home in the next few weeks. My shoulder are taking one heck of a beating using the walk behind. It sucks getting older!

So who put another cub on their Christmas list??

Thanks Mike,

That thrower is "a little hot" with a speed up pulley, hyd. chute rotator, high drift wing, and full coat of slip plate. With the 18hp Mag behind it, it gets it done!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Nic,

I'm sure we'd get along great...looking forward to pics of a SGT rolling some snow at your place!!!! I just used mine this afternoon to clean up some blown in snow and push back some plow windrows.....the half frozen windrows make the 20hp bark with a full blade!!!!

It was a good day to get the cub out and play yesterday, got a lot of seat time in. Loaded tires and chains helped out a lot! Got to thinking it would be nice to have power angle though. Anyone ever came up with and idea for power Angle on a narrow frame??!

Great snow removal pictures with Cub Cadets happily at work. We haven't ahd that much snow (yet).

Off to work so everyone have a wonderful and safe day.
265609.gif

PAUL R. & I got shorted on the snow we were supposed to get. The weather guessers said 2 to 4 inches, we got just enough light snow to make the salted streets wet.

I spent some time looking for the video SON took of me pushing 1 to 2 feet of snow out of the driveway 5-6 yrs ago. That was the day SON was snow-bound at work about 1-2 miles from Paul's house and I was 80 miles away at work. I rescued SON from work, then got my F250 4X4 stuck in the driveway here at home. Took all of five minutes to get it dug out with the #1 snow mover.

I couldn't find the video, but think I posted a link here a couple years ago.

Doug, shorter belt does work better, Thanks...
Denny , Got vacuum off last week after doing last yard vaccing Thanksgiving week. That was after 2 weeks in Cabo sun!
happy.gif

Finally got QA42A mounted & CC Wind Breaker too. Now to switch Firestones off & put other grippers & chains on. Also switch VReds off front for pair of XTrac biters. Since the snowfall has been manageable with my Orange Prestige with front Johnnie Bucket blade & rear scrapper has gotten it done.
Shift.gif

Waitin' for Christmas order from Aaron...
1AA_dance2.gif

Charlie - think I found the problem with the O creeper. Dug the plugs out and sure enough one of the retainer rings had popped off the shaft. This allowed the shaft to wiggle enough to push the bearings out so the haft would slide back and forth. Re-seated the bearings, putting on new retainer clips, installing new plugs and just hopefully she's good to go. Gears are fully meshed, no damage that I can see and shift fork looks like it's got another 50 years to it. Thanks

Here is a pic of the 147 with snow blade that I painted this past summer. We got 6-7 inches saturday, another inch yesterday, and I am supposed to wake up tomorrow to another possible 3". This was taken after clean up from the last two days snowfall. She did such a great job that I let her sit out in the sun for a while.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/drglinski/Cub%20Cadet%20147/104_3378_zps9869f319.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/drglinski/Cub%20Cadet%20147/104_3381_zpsd1a563cc.jpg

Daniel G. I think that you should get Barney (147) from Mike Beadle and then you'd have two cool 147s. (I may try and bring the 108 home this weekend however if you made a deal with Mike it would be closer to you at my place. Then I could get it to Dubuque for you.
happy.gif
)

Thanks marlin. I'll take my 1 cool 147 and hold out for a cool "O."

WOW!!! Frank, THAT was one GREAT video and with truckin' music to boot!!!

I've put a many a mile under the 18 wheels w/tunes like those a playing on the radio!!!
Made me kinda wish I was back out there tonite!!!! NOT!!

We got two inches last night which wasnt predicted and I got to play on the cub a lil today ! It was a nice powder snow so it didnt take much to get rid of it. I gotta say the ole CW-36 thrower is still working good. Next good snow we get ill get some pics out playing
happy.gif

Dave: Thank Tom - his link led me to that one. Tom's link and links I've followed for plowing ground show me how important a "tight" steering system is. We recently got speakers for this confuser system and I haven't heard a CC yet that doesn't sound strange from a "spectator/videoer" position.
happy.gif

Ok so heres a tech question for you guys. Ive heard some of you say you can change your pulley or sheave for you ole timers ;) on your snow thrower to make it turn faster to throw snow farther . So is it better to change the pulley or just leave the original one on it ? Im curious to hear your opinions....

Latest posts

Back