• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 15, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank, oh Frank, oh Frank - I fully understand what you're saying, but respectfully dis-agree. Do you remember the pic of my 169 sitting under my deck, "before" restoration? I don't have that pic available right now but could repost later (Kraig - do you have it). It was basically a frame, serial tag, and the ALL important 13 fin K341A. The remainder of the restoration parts came mostly from the all important "parts bin" (terminology credit here to Jeff B). (I hate to say this but)-There were no donor units around, just some piles of parts and parts bins (whew, glad I didn't have lunch yet). Now, there is something about your persistance on your K341A which tells me not only will it run again, and for along time, BUT the all important original 169 it was mated to will be shining in glory again. All this reminds me of my original signature motto, which I should revert to (and probably will).

Mike P - something troubles me about your situation. The first pic you posted of the "style cab" you have mounted to a CCC tractor with rounded fenders - well that tractor has a "QA42" attached to the front (not the "A" suffix model). It's interesting the chute rotator assembly has been modified and located on the left side of the thrower so it can be used thru the cab opening. I can't make out the model of that tractor but I don't think it's a Super GT. So, I think you need to do some further research here. Before you go cutting up the frame of a 782, or fabricating parts for the cab, I think there must be a way to change your fenders so you can use your cab. One thing you might also need - it appears the tractor/cab pic shows a "rotating" seat. Now that would be nice.

Edward "Hot Rod" Lincoln - well, sounds/looks like you went and done it again. I just hope you have an actual due date for that loan.

Jeff B - thanks for the comment on your "parts bin". You must know it's ok if many of the parts are still assembled/attached to other parts. It's actually best if they since dis-assembly at time of need provides refreshed memory info necessary for re-assembly.

does anyone know of anybody reproducing the brinly gard and cart for the original im looking for one to put on my sons original and that would be the last piece for it thanks or a nice original one would be nice

Brian K.
We have sponsors that sell them.

You would be amazed what you might find snooping around a little on here.

Harry,
The tractor I showed in the picture is a 1782, I think that's a super??
1a_scratchhead.gif

I agree, a swivel seat would be be great for any work with a real attachment. I know they are a blessing when using them on the larger tractors for those long days!
I'd rather NOT cut up my 782 frame, that's for sure. But when I placed the "floor boards" of the cab on my 982 frame, they still looked very large. But, I know the cab is going to over hang the floor steps of the fender pan no matter what, but I know if they look large on a 982, they are going to be VERY WRONG on a 782. That's how I came to the conclusion of using a super frame or extending the 782 frame. Yes, I agree, I'd rather find the correct fender pan for it instead of cutting up the doors or the regular pan for the 782 I have. Yes, definately need to do more research, I agree!
On another quest, how are you guys with cabs hooking up your lights? Direct to the battery or you running them through the switch or what? The cab I have is wired for a rotating beacon, front work lights, and an interior light. Just curious the "correct" way to hook them to the Cub.

a_blink2.gif

Edward- If you didnt live in Washington Id gladly trade you 150 dollars for that cub... haha. Nice machine.

Mike-
I attached a fuse block like this under the seat of my tractor:

250605.jpg

From this fuse-block all of the needed power is then pulled, and it allows each circuit to be fused.

Some tractors just need to be parted to keep better condition tractors running.......it's just how the world of antique restorations works.

Many a Corvette, Mustang, GTO, etc. has both given it's life or received new life thanks to the salvage yard....Cub Cadets are no different.

Kraig - Oh Great One, Keeper of the Photos - YES THAT's IT!!!!! Thank you.

Jeff and Frank - that's my original 169 in the pic Kraig posted for me. There were no donors (gut wrench), just parts in bins, and piles of parts (many still attached in their final assembly position, not yet parted).

Steve - parted isn't to bad a way to put it. My problem is just with that one word I can no longer say.

Mike Patterson

I think the frames on the suppers are longer.The 1862 I had here doing a repair on seemed to me was longer in front frame area between the seat and dash.I bet a fender assembly from a 1862 would fit on a 782 and would allow you to use the cab without cutting anything. You might have to add a few " to the length of the rear frame for the back of the cab . I think if I ever find a sims cab I would add supports from the frame rather there have the fenders support the Cab. just a thought
1a_scratchhead.gif

Good afternoon everybody. Im looking for some info on upgrading my qa36a, im looking for info on different pulley sizes. I remember seeing it somewhere here once but can't seem to find it now, I checked the faqs but didn't see it. Thanks

Which way should I go? The pointslayer with bosch coil or ultimate ignition system. Its my christmas present.

Harry, I was lucky to get my 169 running and ready to work just lacking hydraulics.

Next is to remove this from my "intact used OEM parts bin" and see what I can do for it?

250629.jpg

250630.jpg

I would like some feed back of my plans for the 126 ; I will be bringing home after Xmas. I want to use this 14 K,

250640.jpg

I would notch out the frame on the 126 to install this 14K after I replace the governor . I have a point saver coming for it .

Then of course this will be put in the drive train lol.

250641.jpg

250642.jpg

I would like to have a std tractor with a creeper and a 14 k to do all the pulling .My Originals and my 100 will never see hard work but this will get used . should be a great tractor with lots of wheel weights and chains .

Back