• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 13, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,

If my back and hips keep getting worse, a Hydro will be comming soon!
old.gif

By the way, it is really fun to read that you guys get excited plowing/throwing snow. I plow my a few of my neighbors drives if they have't shoveled it already just to spend more time plowing. I tell the wife I do it to be neighborly. Now, I am just sitting waiting for more snow.

Uh-Oh!
I can hear Steve B's fingers beatin the keyboard from here on tri-ribs!
biggrin.gif

I'll stick with ags just cause I've never run tri-ribs, grin
32967.jpg

32968.jpg

32969.jpg

Hugh,
We only got about 6.5" here, sigh!

Paul K.
It almost quit snowing around 10 this morning, that's when I started and after 6 gallons of gas and one pit stop, I finally came in for supper, but I sure had fun.
And besides, when I got back home, we had 3 plates of cookies, one pie, one cake and about 3 pounds of lefse. Makes throwin snow worth the time and effort around my neighborhood.

(Message edited by cproctor on December 14, 2005)

Charlie,

Actually, Multi Trac CS is my choice for a 6.50x8, tri-ribs in a 4.0x8 tire.

I'm not saying ags won't work better than the 6 rib bald eagles, but I still have a firm "no ag tires on a non driven axle" policy
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Like how heavy wet snow sucks up the power/fuel???? Nothing barks like a 14hp under 110% load!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

"about 3 pounds of lefse."

...I'd go blow all of the snow back onto that guys driveway!!!!!

Steve,
I knew you were lookin, LOL
I'm gonna have to get me some tri-ribs just to see how well they do.
I know the 1450's rearend was slidin around today when I was doing my fast turns out in the street playin around and the front with ags held the front tight.

Hey Now!
I never even heard of that stuff till I moved up here. But I tellya, a little butter, cinnamon, sugar and 10 seconds in the microwave, makes for good eatin.
buttrock.gif

Don't confuse lefse with lutefisk! Now that crap would gag a maggot!!!!!!!

(Message edited by cproctor on December 14, 2005)

Shows what I know. I thought lefse was a typo. I had to go to google and look it up after someone else seemed to know what it was. What does it taste like? Bread, tortilla, or pita bread?

Made the right way, it has it's own flavor. Makes for some good eatin after throwin snow all day.
32972.jpg

That reminds me, I gotta do somethin about those nasty yellow front wheels!!!!!!!!

Charlie,

Yup, you're right...I saw lefse and read lutefisk...I guess you can go back out and clean off their drive again afterall!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Charlie- With all those goodies you should have enough to eat to put on some "ballast" so that your rearend won't go slipping and sliding. LOL

Charlie, I believe Peter has the 14 tooth drive sprocket in his hand not the 24 tooth driven sprocket, not sure why the chain doesn't fit. Here's what the driven sprocket looks like. I bought this years ago to replace the wore out one on my QA42. I wasn't able to replace it because the original one was not coming off due to the shear bolt being broken then the sprocket turned a 1/4 turn or so wedging the broken shear bolt inside the auger axle. I have a nice "new used" auger in there now so this sits on the shelf just in case.

32975.jpg

32976.jpg

Charlie, so do you think it needs to be purged? I was told something about push the relief valves.

Kraig, you should start a photo gallary. I'm always looking for good cub cadet pictures!

Jochua, define "good cub cadet pictures" I have somewhere around 100,000 or so photos of Cub Cadets and related stuff. (BTW, that number includes scans of brochures and manuals.) :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on December 15, 2005)

Hardly worth the effort, but fun must be had.

I'm not sure where the nine to ten inches went, but you can see that it would be generous to call it more than four here in Eau Claire. The 782 had fun, too.
32983.jpg

Charlie, Monday you mentioned that I should post this photo of John B., and Shannon P. and others doing, ahem, hydro testing. I finally remembered to look for it. :eek:)

32985.jpg

Latest posts

Back