• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 13, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's movin N.E., sorry guys!
32944.jpg

Try this.
32947.jpg

This is the latest addition to the herd. I thought that just the ACR was keeping it from starting when I bought it and did get it running for a few minutes. Was rewarded with being in attendance when the conn rod let go. It was turning over hard because the rod was frozen to the crank. Anyway, as you can see, the muffler was attached to a pipe. The pipe was shoved all the way into the muffler. Could the resulting backpressure have led to the demise of the crank/rod?

Frank,

Probably not directly...the bore should be more telling.

Charlie,

Just enjoy the balls associated with a nice stout 14hp and forget about the gas bill.......it's cheap fun!!!!!!

Charlie, I'm disappointed with the small amount of snow. Just heavy and wet here. The weather people build us up with forecasts of 8-10" and we get 3-4. 782 made quick work of this little area.
32951.jpg

Charlie,
Put the 1650 on the thrower and see what you can move. Then you can talk about using gas. Mine will almost last 2 hours on a tankful throwing snow, but I sure can move a lot of snow in that 2 hours. Then I get out the 106 with blade and go over 3 hours on a little over 1 gal. of gas.

Dave,
I hear you on the disappointment. They were talking 3-5" in S. Wisconsin and got home to find about 1.5-2" of heavy wet stuff. I was looking to get the thrower out and have some fun but it looks like the 106 and blade will have the fun later tonight. It is almost done snowing and is suppose to quit in the next hour, then the work, I mean fun will begin.

What a week. I got a new laptop and two other things.
I was out at the cub dealer and out back in the warehouse i found a new in box creeper drive that has been sitting there since the 60's. And about an hour ago my dad's buddy brought over a never used cw-36 thrower complete with all the hardware.
Will the cw-36 fit my 100?
MJS

I have a problem with my 682.When you push the handle forward it has a funny noise.It started after I changed the oil.I was told it needs to be purged.If so how do you purge it?

Jochua F,
Are you sure you filled it all the way up?
If you did, it's time to do the forward and reverse thing out in the driveway, and check the level again.

(Message edited by cproctor on December 14, 2005)

Just picked up a new sprocket from my CC dealer today for my QA-42 rebuild. When I matched it up to the chain, it does not fit properly. What's wrong? Is it the sprocket, chain, or will the chain stretch and mesh properly with the sprocket?
32957.jpg

QA-36A question:
Is the runner mounting bolt spacing the same on a QA-36 as my QA-42A? My trusty HF digital protractor sez the center to center on the '42 is 3.499 +- .000005 or something close to 3 1/2 inches. My combo 36A / 42A owners manual doesn't give part numbers to verify that they're the same and squintin' at the pictures makes it look like they are, but ??? (I don't have the '36 here to check)

And yes, I searched the FAQ and archives first - I came up with good runner pics (look just like my own modded runners), also found the link to the K series manuals (got them downloaded safely), also am going to get a magenetic block heater for the hydrostat tomorrow (great idea - it's getting cold up here !) and after looking at the pics of Dan H's shop decided to double the size of the barn we're gonna build, but did'nt find any clear reference to runner part numbers or dimensions... Great to be back now that I've got broadband and can read a day's postings without an hour's downloads... Thanks Bryan and Bob (and all the contributors) !

Kendall,
Accoeding to the CPE-2, all the CW, CC, And QA throwers used the same skid runners.

Peter R.
Maybe this one is one will help. Looks like a QA42 has the 24 tooth sprocket. You sure you don't have a QA42A?
32963.jpg

GOt a small problem again. I adjusted my clutch on the 128 per the manual. THe pedal, for the first time is just as it is supposed to be by the diagram. But now my clutch release lever and or clutch release rod bump into the driving disc. Any idea of what i did wrong and/or needs to be looked at and corrected. It doesn't happen all the time, but about 45% of the time

Thanks,
TPG

(Message edited by tgolding on December 14, 2005)

Charlie- You can stop doing your heavy snow dance until I get my 451 mounted up to the 1450. Had to use the 582M with the blade to clean up after the 8+ that we got. All that I used was about 1.5 gallons and had about 3 hours of seat time between this morning and after work. Gotta love running full hydro into a 3 foot tall snow bank though with just the ags and no chains I was expecting to get stuck but the old 582 pulled through! Plus I had a bunch of neighbors that just loved seeing me come along pushing away, one told me it looked like I was having too much fun!!! I just thought life is good when you are going at full ramming speed and the snow is flying off of the hood!

Anyone know of a ag style lug front tire to replace the fronts tires on my 1250. When I push snow, the lawn tread tires don't steer real well. I was thinking an ag tire might bite through the thin film of snow left after I plow. Any thoughts?

Back