• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 11, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we're still making friends out there!

On 12/13/2015 11:50 AM, Roger R wrote:
New here. Been trying to figure out how to use this site. Seems like there is all different kind of topics posted one after the other and most are not related to the others. Seems like I land in the middle of a topic, then it goes to day light savings time, then off to some guy doing something to something that he hit the windshield (on a GT? ?) and hurt his neck.

What gives?

My Reply,

We have one of the simplest sites out there.
The main forum board is for anything related to pre 1981 Cub Cadets and the occasional off topic ramblings.
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-auth.pl?file=/4/4.html

The Topics section covers everything else.

And yes, a windshield of a garden tractor, it's called a cab.
biggrin.gif

His comeback,

Charlie

You may think it is simple as you probably helped design it. I feel it is very difficult to find anything. None of the topics stay together. They jump and ramble all over the place. Never heard of reading anything from the bottom up ? ?

I know they have cabs on GT's. But no where was anything mentioned as to what it was. A GT, truck, tractor with loader & blade.? ? ?

Apparently you can't answer my question either. Your help section is useless if you don't know the site. Very, very general information. Not sure I will be wasting much time here as help is non-existent. Will look elsewhere for a GOOD Cub Cadet site. Anything would be better than this one.

My Comeback in 2 emails
First one,

We've done pretty since 1997, so I don't think one guy out of over 8,000 will make us change anything, LOL
Maybe this Cub site will more to your liking!
http://www.cubcadetcollectors.com/forum/index.php

Second one,
Here you go Roger, I think I fixed it so our site is better suited for you, I hope this helps!
300908.jpg

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 108
  • 300908.jpg
    300908.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 300908.jpg
    300908.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 107
Don't let the door............

Perfect target user for a Twitter based Cub forum, you know, 140 character limits on all posts, not too long for those with a reading comprehension issue....
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 103
Now that was funny,,

Honestly the format here is my favorite, I belong to other forums for cubs, cars, trucks But mostly lurk or don't visit due to the layout. And this is the simplest.

Now on topic it's middle of December and my cub just sits on dry clear ground.

ROGER R. My story: Check in daily - it's not really lurking. When you check in you see the threads that have new posts since you were here last. Give it a week or so. Take some time to dig through the Sandbox - there's a thread in there just about everyone. Did you have a question?
asthanos.gif

Attachments

• asthanos.gif
    asthanos.gif
    5 KB · Views: 107
So I guess this Roger guy sort of got stopped before he got started????

I would be completely OK with putting a 140 character limit on HydroHarry...

Harry, you write freaking books every time you post. I love ya man, but I stop reading as soon as you go into your "Your *enter cub/implement here* needs a complete ground up restoration to be an acceptable piece of equipment" suggestion.. every. single. time.

Charlie - you know, I just got to agree with you. I think you found someone that just wasn't agreeable to this site.

Ole St. Nic (B) - I took a minute to think about your post and I believe you're correct. I've never been one that could fix just what's broken. I end up wanting to fix-up the whole dang thing. I'll make an effort to keep to the basic problem and shorten up my suggest. (And I hope St. Nic puts some presents under the tree for me).

Nic, I enjoy Harry's posts. A lot of us have been here a long time but there's always more to learn. One of my biggest fears is the loss of this site - there's a lot of personal history involved, here, for all of us.
300912.jpg

Edit: The date stamp is wrong. This is our first Cub Cadet in 1999. A 105 that got me hooked. I was a young 50. Got a computer, found this site, haven't got banned, yet ('tho sometimes it's seemed like I wanted to). Sometimes I fear that we're a vanishing breed. ??

Attachments

• 300912.jpg
    300912.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 300912.jpg
    300912.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 101
Harry - don't change. I like to read. A lot. I think ol' Nic just got through watching "A Christmas Carol" and maybe a little bit of Scrooge is still influencing him. For that matter, I miss the other guy who wrote a lot, even though we got a little off topic for the main forum sometimes and didn't see the same side of the coin. I liked the history lessons.

To get back on track, I went on about a 120 mile back road ride today, and didn't see a single Cub - Florida must not have been a hot spot for IHC products in the day. The only time I see many is at the Florida FlyWheelers shows ...

Latest posts

Back