• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 10, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
ANDREW - I remember you said you have a 48" deck. There's actually THREE versions of that deck. If your deck is correct for your 147 it should be the latest version. Without checking the parts look-up to compare part numbers I would say the most parts swap between the middle version and last version. The early first version was the odd-ball.

DONALD - Is that an IR 2131? And the psi reg & coalescing filter are good additions. I almost got an oiler for my air tools but didn't want to introduce oil into the hoses so just give the tools a couple drops into the air inlet before using them lots. Oil in compressed air makes for lots of fish eyes in paint!

Kraig M
LOL its nice here. ? The 149 is ready to push some snow in 5 min. My Tractors have it covered for me . Now to get my Windbreaker all studdied that is another thing lol.

So we get our first decent snow fall of the year here in east central Wisconsin, and I'm all revved up to hop on the 1650 to use the front blade I just picked up. First pass down the driveway goes smooth as silk, so I raise the blade & back up for the next run. I go to lower the blade for the <u>second pass of the year</u>, and the inside lift lever snaps off in my hand... I really hope it wasn't a sign of things to come this winter. Luckily, my trusty large vise grips were on hand to help me finish the job. Ah, the joys of 30+ year old toys...

Kraig,
You were supposed to get wood last month ya know.
217639.jpg

Charlie, I ordered the firewood back in October. It was supposed to be delivered two weeks later. Not sure what caused the delay. I wasn't too concerned as I won't need more firewood until the middle of the 2011/2012 winter.

Hey, how come you don't have that Scout inside one of your buildings?
bottom.gif

That's where it landed when I unloaded it and just never got around to moving it, so I just covered it and let it rest till spring.
Cubs,trucks and trailers take precedence ya know.

Charlie, is that Scout for parts? How's it equipped? Jerry

Jerry Muncie
That Scout has the rare tarp option.
clappy.gif
If you look in the sand box you will see Charlies find there. I do have room for out side storage lol,.I thought if I had his storage room I would have it all under cover.I made a mess today and will post it,my mess later.

Dennis F

that is a I R 3/8 drive,model 2115.Has a bit of torque with 90 psi lol. I need help with wrenching and this should be a big help with that.

DONALD - I just have a cheap little 3/8" butterfly impact wrench, says Porter-Cable on it but the same co. in China makes them for many many companies incl. Sears. Been a good little tool for the few Dollars I paid for it. Seems like it was $8 or $14, really cheap.
I even got Craftsman 3/8" SAE & metric short impact sockets to use with it but it's weak enough I sometimes risk using a standard socket with it.

With it and a handful of sockets I can pull a K-series Kohler apart in about ten minutes if the flywheel doesn't fight me.

Charlie, you wouldn't kick a man when he's down would ya.

Poor Don, Charlie's ribbing you awful hard there.

Hello charlie,

I need you to find me one of those windbreaker cabs too..........Howie

I believe I found the problem with my 122 starting, and I was wrong, it doesn't appear to be an issue with the ACR in the engine. I got it started last night and did some snow throwin', had the floodlights from the house and garage lighting the driveway then I pulled onto the sidewalk and noticed the headlights were very dim....then she just quit! S/G is not charging at all so now I'm guessing that I need to do some work on the starter/generator.

When using the 149 hydraulic lift with a snow blade, Which is better with or without float lock out pin?

Dennis Frisk

Wow , $12.00 , I paid a lot more than that for that air tool.I used it today and with a soft air line it was slick to use and easier than using a ratchet wrench .

Charlie
Sometimes your just plain mean ! sent that over here because I`am missing a few pieces of the metal brackets I see there.
bash.gif

I have a job to do in the am,seems I have a pin to replace in the rock shaft of my Diesel tractor.I`am not looking forward to that job at all.I have pdblaster on it today and will use acetone and atf on it in the am and see if I can get the pin pieces out.If it don`t go well the welder will come out .No snow in the forecast for 14 days so I got time.
thumbsup_old.gif

angel.gif
HOWARD SELL
Check the For Sale: archive for Dec.1st. He sold the '61'CCO[boo/hoo] but still had the I.H.windbreaker Wed.night.
Rod

Jeff Baker, I lock my down pressure when using the blade. It tends to ride up and over the snow if it's not used. In fact, I welded angle to the rod, because I found the rod tends to bend as I apply down pressure. Now it is real stiff. I adjust the heigth of the blade so it does not gouge the driveway. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back