• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 10, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
CRS
biggrin.gif

Charlie, what, you waiting for Christmas?
dunno.gif
OK, I can deal with that.
roflol.gif
TIA

Somebody say "Plow Day"?
happy.gif
That will mean it's Spring, I'm ready for that.
biggrin.gif

71377.jpg

Denny-
Thanks for the explanation on the backwards wheels. I'll have to use that one next time! <font size="-2">but let's hope there's not a next time...</font>
rolleyes.gif

ART - Seems like 2-3 yrs ago they had a picture either in RPM magazine or on the RPM Mag. Forum of a train with flatcars loaded with older letter series Farmalls, H's & M's..... LOTS of backwards facing tires... In the late 70's & early 80's almost everything shipped truck then. We did ship the "Taco Tractors" via rail...those stripped-down 986, 1086, & 1486's that the Mexican Gov't didn't order but called to check delivery about 2-3 months before We switched to the great 88-Series. We had those 1400 tractors IN the schedule in about 72 hours and built in two months but never got the order.
bash.gif
So they sold at discount prices instead of selling a 5088 when they were released.

Anybody have any tips or links toward adjusting the voltage regulator. I got my starter gen working with the help of one with no start but generator and one with start but no gen. Put them together and I have one with both starter and generator, lol. The voltage reg isnt working right now and cant seem to get it dailed in. Not a 100% sure what each adjustment screw is doing. Seems like one is adjusting the charge to kick on and other is adjusting how hard to charge. Is that right?
Thanks Larry

Hello
I posted a few days ago that I had a 782 that would run only when choked and I thank all who gave suggestions. I tested the fuel pump and it works fine,I tested it by turning over the motor, replaced the fuel filter, cleaned the gas tank ,oil has no gas in it, sooo... I'm leaving the carb in Chem-Dip for 3 days and see what happens. Gee I hope it doesn't take the paint off (Ha Ha). Why they painted the carburetor is beyond me.
ihrotate.gif
ihrotate.gif

Charlie, yeah I did. Problem is I'm a much better technician than computer operator. I'm still tryin to find a computer thats like an old tractor. You know, the old stuff that was designed to be worked on by guys that were better farmers than mechanics. One of these days when I got time I'll figure it out.
Larry, before you try to adjust your regulator, you MUST have a GOOD battery that is FULLY charged. If your battery is questionable, replace it. The 2 coils in your regulator are the cutout relay (large gage wire) and voltage regulation relay (fine gage wire). With your engine running at full speed adjust the spring tension on the point arm of the voltage regulation relay untill you get about 14 volts on a digital meter with lights off. It will drop to about 12.5 to 13 with lights on. I've never had to adjust a cutout relay, so as long as its closing to charge and opens when you stop the engine I think you'll be ok.

Thanks Lonney B, I did run through the faq but couldn't find voltage regulator, I didnt think of clicking starter/gen
bash.gif

Trivia Time:

In Tom H's post of Otter Sales yesterday something else isn't right (no, it's not the tractor Art pre-delivered either)......

Anybody figure it out???? Dad and I caught it while trying to decide if the tractors were 656's or 544's......

Hello well I finally figured out how to post some pics, 1st time so go easy on me, please. The 128 tear down complete and start the reassembly. This is a rattle can paint job by the way.
71409.jpg

71410.jpg

71411.jpg

Steve-
This is one of those trick questions, isn't it? One of those things that only a real <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> mechanic would know.....
bash.gif

Next on the agenda Great big gobs of greasy grimy K301A
71417.jpg

71418.jpg

Got Carbon?

Is it the WHITE wheels on the front of that one down the row a bit?

Did I win?? Huh??? Huh????

biggrin.gif

<font size="-2">wild hair-brain guess....</font>

Todd-
Those pictures look good.

Throw a RETURN in after each picture upload so they don't stack across on ya...

No, it's not the white wheels on the used 806.....it's easier than that.........

Latest posts

Back