• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 09, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The GREAT Tail Light Lense Debate CONTINUES!!!!!

Gerry - don't recall seeing Bargman name on any lenses other than CC.

Charlie - how bout posting that lense bulletin?
(and under edit - are you gonna check each bolt to make sure it has an IH on it, and count to make sure all 12,000 are there? I know weight will get you close but all mixed up doesn't work)

Dennis - thanks, I never thought about 2 diffeent suppliers being used at the same time.

Lewis - is it possible Bargman and Reflectolite are the same company, or from the same parent company?

(following is inserted to keep responses in order of posting)
Mike E (and Jeff B) - since Jeff only collects the "finest series of IH Cubs, The 1x9" I'm assuming by his post that if you send him your address he'll be coming to pick up your WIFE
happy.gif

(Now back to the GREAT Lense Debate)

Jeff - I don't see any lenses hanging from those boxes on the ceiling, so would you post the full numbering details from your REFLECTOLITE lenses? I'm still trying to figure out if the 75 numbers at the end are indicating the year of design. It doesn't fit with 169 production. Also, did you check all your 1x9 units? I'd like to know what names are on the lenses. My memory ain't as great as it used to be, and my eagle eye is slippin' a bit, but I think I still recall seeing another manufacturer name on the square lenses, and I'm wondering if there was an earlier supplier for the 1x8/9 series.

Greg L - why would your thrower be in a "machine" shop?

Interesting readng about Bargman and Reflectolite... CLICK HERE. Go down to the fourth site and you will see that Bargman purchased Reflectolite.

It was snowing when we got up this morning and now it is melting. We need warm weather and rain more than cold and snow.

Marlin - your link takes you to the search but I can't find where it says Bargman bought Reflectolite. I see something about someone else buying Bargman.

Don T.
I have no idea what they are or what sizes. The price I paid, I could care less. LOL

Harry B.
I'm not in to much of a hurry to sift through 2000+ bulletins, but if I run across it, yes it will be posted.

In a word on the bolts. NO!
There's going to be 2 guys Monday morning that's going to handle that for me.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

Wow aren`t you lucky . I see some seat time coming for you.
Shift.gif

Kraig,
Correct me if I am wrong....that there is 13 INCHES of snow - right? You haven't fallen onto the Metric band wagon yet I am sure? WOW! Did you have any snow before this storm rolled into town? We have had lots of rain here in the past couple days on and off. If it was in snow what we got for rain, I'd be outside shoveling and blowing snow instead of reading the Forum!
bannana_guitar.gif

Mike, yes that is in INCHES. We got ~2" on Thanksgiving but that had all melted so this snowfall is all one event. I'm waiting for it to stop snowing or at least slow down before I go fire up the Cub.

Kraig,,,,, give Charlie a call.

250129.jpg

I seem to post this picture every year but I like the smile on Diggers face.

Snow.............!!!!! 77deg. today . The A/C kicked on a few times.

250130.jpg

Harry B. This particular page discusses the purchase if you scroll down enough and read through the questions... Bargman & Reflectolite. You will notice the part numbers now cross over.

Re: Reflect-O-Lite Model 1450, Series 1400 Susanne Mayle 5-13-04
Reflectolite was bought out by Bargman. Hence the name change, but rvdriver.com has what you are looking for. I just ordered it myself. Use the web address below and you'll see the catalog page!

Harry - The machine shop is a welding shop. I had a crack in the housing at each end of the wear bar, and some dings and cracks in the auger flights. I don't have a welder, so they do it for me. I also couldn't get the set screws loose on eccentric locking collars of the auger bearings, to remove it for painting inside.

Don T - Yes, I do plan to Slip Plate the inside of the chute, too. Thanks.

craig, I guess you are so lucky! Actually, I feel fortunate we just got a dusting of snow and most melted.

I'm happy for that, but we welcome more moisture!

Mike E,
YOU Sir, have yourself a shop full of NICE cubs!! Thanks for the extra pictures. I wish I had 1/4 of the luck you have had recently with your cubs. It must be nice to have dual hydralics on your tractors. Not getting off the 782 to switch the direction of the blade when the wind is whipping like crazy. Ahhh, just a little hand movement and away you go again. So simple, its sickening!
1AA_dance2.gif

So have you figured out how much weight the loader can lift safely yet? I'd be using that tractor in the bush too, make loading the wagon with wood much easier. And much more FUN!

bannana_guitar.gif

greetings all, I'm beginning a full restoration on a 1961 original. is the paint codes the same as more recent cubs, and can I still get replacement parts from my cub cadet dealer

Damn,
First it was Dan Hoefler, now John Lang checking in. Must be a Homecoming here.

Gary W - welcome to the Forum from that cold north country, and by the way, we do have some other frequent members from your side of the border including Don T and Mike P. In response to your question on paint codes the answer is NO. The current CCC paints are different. If you didn't notice, toward the top of this page in red and maroon letters is a link to FAQs 1-29. FAQ No. 5 lists paint codes and provides a link to another section which will give you exact details on the correct colors for your Original. At the top of the page with the FAQs 1-29 is a link to Charlie's FAQs which lists 94 more that you might want to review.
With regard to parts from "your" Cub Cadet Corporation (CCC) dealer, yes some replacement parts are still available, but you may also find unless your dealer has NOS parts that the parts he provides may be "will work" rather than exact IH parts. However, if you check those nicely colored boxes at the top of the page you'll find some sponsors that continue to have original IH parts (some NOS), some aftermarket reproduction, etc. And you can always post to the Classified section on here to find parts as well.

Marlin - thanks for providing the additional info.

Jeff B - any chance you'll check your 1x9 units and let us know the name and numbers on your lenses as well as the light bases. I did pop the lenses off my 169 and both bases are REFLECT-O-LITE SAE-PC-67. I'm still trying to determine if the last 2 digits of the lense numbers (75) is the 1st year of the lense or a code for something else. (And I'm also trying to keep the GREAT Lense Debate going until we get to the bottom of just what is exactly correct for the 1x8/9 series and the Quiet Line series.

gary winters

WELCOME.gif
I`an glad to have another Cubber from this side of the border posting. You have a 1961 original that you are restoring , could you please post the serial number found on the right side of the cub . I have a 61 and a 62 and I must say my 61 has been apart for a refurb for some time ( to long ).
ihrotate.gif

Harry, condsiderate done, I am at work tonight but after morning chores I will get them.

Gary, Welcome to the best place for REAL info

Latest posts

Back