• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 09, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry,
What you saying, Our country too cold for you?
1a_scratchhead.gif
Heck Kraig has about 14 or 15 inches more snow that we have! If it wasn't so cold up here, I could mow my grass tomorrow.
1AA_dance2.gif

Garry,
WELCOME! What a small world. I am only about a half hour away from you. Nice to see others have these great IH tractors in their sheds! Hope you enjoy restoring your Original. Look forward to meeting you some day.

Richard,
Whats up with Mr. Happy in the cab?
a_blink2.gif

Charlie,
I am busy tomorrow, sorry I can't help you count the bolts and sort them by sizes! I pitty the poor suckers having to sort all them, hope you serve LUNCH!

Oh yeah... Gary,
worthless.gif

How about some pictures of them there cubs you have? Hide'n out in downtown Finch!
animatedihbear.gif

Kraig-
You may want to go out and check your measurements again...
happy.gif

250139.jpg

<font size="-2">Sorry for the bad pic, it was from my phone</font>

Kraig & Art,
Send some my way!
We were supposed to get 8" and we ended up with sloppy seconds that blew over from Fargo at about 1/4", Geez!

Art, I just got in about 15 minutes ago after about 5 hours of snow removal and I have not even started shoveling the kitchen deck. I did get most of the entry deck shoveled off though. I wanted to clear out the area around my wood piles so it took way longer. Tough going, it's wet near the ground so I had to go slow. Just before I came in I <strike>walked</strike> waded way out into the yard with my ruler. I measured several locations and all were 19 inches! AND it's STILL snowing.
facepalm.gif
yikes.gif
I'm thinking some of that might be from blowing/drifting but It's deep here, with snow that is.

Kraig-
Yeah, I blew away about 10" of the stuff this afternoon, went in to eat dinner and when I came outside to put the tractor away there was another few inches to get rid of. Now I look out the window and it looks like there's another 2-3"!!!
blush.gif

I know this is off-topic, but here is a YouTube video showing some "action". (Click link below)

250142.jpg

Link: Snow Storm 12.9.2012

Hi All, I am going to look at a model 450 thrower for my 782 tomorrow. Has anyone run these two together? From what I could gather they should fit...? the 450 was on a 1811. I will check the pto size. the mount looks the same. I read that some were having difficulty with a small 1" lift height? I saw some diagrams showing some sort of an adapter to the tractors hyd. lift link. I love the h-42 but parts are getting hard to find thanks John

Good morning, All. No glasses right now since last week I made it halfway to work and realized I was wearing the wrong pair. So while my work glasses are drying out from being washed (oil from work) I'm writing "blind". Here is Colo's weather right now.... COLO, Iowa. No wonder Fancy doesn't really feel like helping start the 4x4. We were blessed with just the wet snow that mostly melted and now it is downright cold with the wind.

Off to work so everyone have a wonderful day. BE SAFE!!!

Thanks Mike P. The dual hydraulic ports are nice, and it's a pretty easy install. The valves I use have the float position which I really like. No pins or anything to mess with when you want down pressure. Just push the lever where you want and go. The valves come off j.d's, bolens, and probably some others. Although the are usually cheaper if they come off set bing other than a j.d. Both the 1650 and the 782's single spool valve mounting plates had extra holes for a dual spool valve. The valves I used lined up perfect. One of the lines from the pump lines up as well, but the other does require some modification to hook up. It's no big deal though.

You guys are making me sick with all of this snow talk....I'm just a bit too far south. The white stuff fell about 30-50 miles north of me over the weekend, so the cub sits patiently waiting.
happy.gif

ART, KRAIG - PAUL & I only got about 3 to 3-1/2 inches down here. I went out about 11:30 yesterday and put the chains on the Super H. Only took 1-1/2 hrs this time, typically takes 2 hours. It stopped snowing while I was in the shop so fired the #70 up and cleaned the drive. Was a wet heavy snow and instead of rolling a nice windrow off the blade it came off in a huge ball every so many feet. Then trying to push those balls shoved the frt of the tractor sideways. Needed more weight but the ground was so wet and soft I didn't want to use the big tractor. Only took maybe a half hour the way it was.

Back