• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 09, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klorenz

displayname
Kirk Lorenz
Wayne: Some Dead on the cassette player--Now thats about as cool as cool can get!!
buttrock.gif

Charlie, Lewis and Kraig - well now you went and started something with the lenses. 1st off, I can't read the name/number on the pic posted by Kraig, even when copied and magnified. 2nd (and I hate to divulge this) but I looked at the lenses on my 169, and I remember I had to get one new replacement. One does say BARGMAN 375-SAE-P2-75. The other one says REFLECT-O-LITE 375-SAE-P2-75. So now I'm all mixed up. Charlie is saying the reflectors (not llghts) are from REFLECTO. Lewis is saying the bases are from REFLECTO. I don't want to pop one of my lenses off to see what the base show since the old lenses tend to crack when you do try to remove them. When I look at my lenses the Bargman appears to be the newer lense (the Reflecto shows a hairline scratch, maybe even crack near the center). The Reflecto also appears to be a little more refective as well, so which is the original lense? Now here's where it gets ever more complicated. When using SAE numbering (at least in that era) I thought the last two digits indicated the year of the lense (not when it was made but the original year of introduction). Since these end in 75 it would seem the original model year would be 1975. Now that works for the Quiet Line, but the square lenses were original to the 1x8/9 series as well. So, what is the original lense for the 1x8/9??? Geez, do we have the Great Lense Debate going here?

Harry - I'm sure you are aware that Bargman is a supplier of replacement taillight assemblies and has been for years. It's not outside the realm of possibilities that either a) Reflecto quit making the lens and IHC had to come up with a different supplier or b) the service bulletin Charlie mentions just lists the available replacement (Reflecto may have been an OEM supplier only)...

That Great Lens Debate may be just in your head, Hydro....
clappy.gif

HARRY - I always have to laugh at your "What's the Correct Brand" posts. The correct part is the one that FITS! You DO realize that IH often used 2 - 3, and sometimes four or more suppliers for the same part number. On some stuff like the 3 different styles of disk brake calipers used on the rear of the WF tractors they tried to make sure both sides got the same brand. But I wouldn't bet they tried to keep both tail lights or head lights the same brand. Tire brand on frt tires, or rear tires had to match, but frts could be different brand than the rear. And if CC's would have shipped with mounted dual rear wheels the tire brand would have matched between the duals and the prime tractor rear tires, just like we did @ FARMALL.

The CC line at LVL didn't generate the same Dollars in revenue as we did at FARMALL, not by a long shot, but having multiple suppliers for parts greatly reduces the risk of running out of parts and stopping production. And IH was all about keeping production running at ANY cost... well.. almost any cost.

Mike E.
Your one lucky guy! Heck, I'd pay $250 for gas if it meant a FREE loader! And if the wife wasn't around, I pay more for that GAS!
You guys and your loaders, SO JELLOUS! My neighbour has an off breed tractor and not a green one, him & his son built a loader for it. It turned out really good. Shame to look across the road watching him work with it. Wife just shakes her head at me, like a little kid waiting for Santa Clause
a_weep.gif

But if the neighbour was to look over and see me in the window, he'd see
drool.gif

Yep, I am thinking the Looney Bin is my Christmas gift this year.
facepalm.gif

Per Mike P's request, here's some pics and info on my cubs.
This is my 1650 with snow thrower. tractor was free as it would not run right intermittently and previous owner gave up. The only thing I found wrong was a bolt in the intake. I picked up the snow thrower and added dual hyd using a valve with float postion off a JD 317. Its not the prettiest, but runs the thrower and tiller well, and it was even delivered for free!
250064.jpg

Next is my 782. It supposedly had a new KT17 series II in it with govenor issues. price was a little too good, but given the overall condition, I bought it. I believe the engine was new, but was left outside with no air cleaner and hood or something. cylinders were full of rust while everything else looked like new. steering, trunnion, etc all in great shape, so I picked up a low hours Magnum 20hp and dropped it in. I sold the hub caps and series II block for what I paid for the mag 20, so it all worked out ok. Like the 1650, I added dual hyd using a valve with float position. I really enjoy running this one. The magnum is so smooth.
250065.jpg

250066.jpg

250067.jpg

And then there is the 125 with loader. It had been sitting for quite some time and needed work, but nothing too bad, and it was free also! Took me a few hours to finally get the motor to fire, but it had ran really well ever since. It did blow the head gasket the other day, but that's fixable. It will soon have lights, a wide frame front axle with spindle upgrade, and chain hooks on the bucket (doing that today which is why the bucket is off in some pics). I really haven't got to use it much, but it's been fun so far.
250068.jpg

250069.jpg

250070.jpg

250071.jpg

I guess I better throw in a pic of my old 122. she's the one that started it all for me. Old girl has never let me down. As a reward, I sent her to my fathers to haul fire wood out of the woods. He's known for being hard on equipment, but she'll take it. Based on what he has said so far, I may never get it back though. I think he likes it! Ok, I'm tired now.

250072.jpg

Mike- Nice looking Cubs. Looks like the Honda ATC 250? 3 wheeler dosen't see too much ride time
biggrin.gif

Sorry Charlie!

Harry...
Where I get the bargman taillights, the lenses and bases are in the same package.
I have a set in Cub Cadet boxes and they are the same way.

Free loader! Great deal. Than again freeloaders are not.

Ryan the three wheeler is an ongoing project. I bought it when I was thirteen and rode it into the ground. It sat for a lot of years behind in dad's back lean to. Runs good once again. just needs fenders and a front tire.

A free loader huh? You're way luckier than me! Nice machines

thanks guys. I've been pretty lucky lately when if comes to the cub stuff lately. I was happy with the free 1650. The loader almost put me over the edge! I actully tried to pay the guy, but he wouldn't take any money. He said he was happy to see it go to someone who would take care of it. Now, when I got it home, the better half failed to see the beauty. She said something about it being held together by rust and dirt. Pretty sure I heard her mumble something about me being crazy and why was she with me as she went in the house. She just doesn't get it
happy.gif

Mike send me your address, and I will come take it off your hands to create harmony at your house. lol

All the tail light talk made me check mine, the three cubs that I think are original, two have reflectors that read STIMSONITE and the one with taillights reads REFLECTOLITE. Here are a few pics

250076.jpg

250077.jpg

Harry and Wayne,,, That is the lift handle I want to use, it came from a donor 149. I plan on weld filling the hole and redrilling just to the right of it.
will post pics when done

here is the donor 149
250080.jpg

Charlie, nice update of the ccspecialties website

So, what's wrong with these pictures? I finally got my QA42A back last week from the machine shop where it's been since April 2011. (I had another one on a 1250 with hydraulic lift, but sold it this summer.) I got a new wear edge from Charlie, but I'm going to paint the inside with Slip Plate before putting it back together, and I've had zero cub time the past couple weeks. Sooo, of course we got 10" of new snow overnight (and it's still coming down). I guess the 24" Craftsman walk-behind will have to step up again!

250094.jpg

250095.jpg

Jeff - I once mounted storage bins on my ceiling like that, but everything kept falling out. How do you keep it in?
clappy.gif
(Sorry - I'm still crackin' myself up.)

Greg Lippert

I think it would be a good idea to use the slip plate in the chute area also.

well I finaly got three more batteries removed and now have them in the shop.I need to check the levels and then put them all on the charger. Also got the 42" blade with hyd angle ready to install .No snow in the forcast here in my area and I do have my snapper walk behind ready if needed . Let it snow .
wave.gif

Charlie

I bet those boxes are heavy ! what sizes do you have ? or are they mixed .?
feint.gif

Back