Archive through December 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig the photos will work just fine, thanks. The slot sure looks worn, and the adjustment screw and locknut do not line up. I will be taking off the tower soon and I will check to see if the steering box is in the corrct position or if it has moved. I may just patch the hole and recut the curve to match on the mill. It'll be a good setup challenge for the kids. It's great to see teenagers excited about the classics.

as far as the PTO goes I have a solid pulley where the clutch should be. If I can find the remaining parts or can make them, I will.

Is there a list of optional parts for the first year of production. I have the mower deck and have a line on a plow. Was the sickle bar available right away??

Brian M's original looks great.

KRAIG - Geezer is still around....RPM started a CC forum a month or so ago and He posts there every coupe days.
Far as the tire size for chains it's tough for Me to compare, My 70 has Pizza Cutter's, stock 6-12 GY turfs with chains and I got chains for the 72 a year or two ago but they go on 23-8.50 Firestone 23 Deg. lugs. I think I'd agree that the 8.50's would be a better compromise, I know the chains on the 6-12's don't grip much but they're really worn. But I think a 10.50 would be too much surface area for the weight.

Well, I gotta go out and SUPERVISE the County snow plow Guy. I've cleared out around My mailbox twice in the last 48 hours and He keeps coming back to plow it in so the mailman won't stop. They put the steel posts in for the snow fence across the road to keep snow from drifting into the road but never hung the fence.
bash.gif

Denny, yeah I know Geezer is still around, (exchanged some emails with him a month or so back), he just doesn't post here anymore.

Jim, was that "Kraig the photos will work just fine, thanks." a yes or no to emailing photos?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Matt, ".... 82 series tractors, and they look dumb with 8.50s on." I have to agree to that comment.
roflol.gif

Kraig

Thanks for the offer to e-mail, but I got readable detail from the post . So you do not need to e-mail.

Keith, about tire width. I have 10.5s with chains. The chains come dangerously close to rubbing against the fenders. I beleive more surface area = more traction. In this case, the 8.5s might be a better choice.

If Jim F has the original timed deck for his tractor does he need to add a PTO clutch?

Kendal, no, the Original timed deck has a built in engagement mechanism.

Jim F. I believe the 61 Originals didn't have the clutch type pto. The belt hung loose around the pulley and you would engauge it at the deck by foot. The pedastal you have may have been changed at some point over the 47 years to a 62-63 style with clutch pto thus you have that holder(bracket) on there and the hole in the side.
Things are quiet here on the rock weather is about 40 deg but they are calling for below freezing temps by sat (lol) we will see. Just in case the blade is on the Original as well as the X-Mas lites and it sits out front on display. will try for a pic tonite and post it up. Who else decorates their cubs at X-mas ??

Latest posts

Back