• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjohnson

displayname
Brian Johnson
Joel, It's a Browning pulley, try Grainger. I think they have it.

Update on my non-starting Cub... Upon good advise here, took apart the carb and found float to be missing the tab that adjust drop down. oops. Charlie, order coming your way!!

Don T you crack me up man,If only i had the time and resourses you have!!One day cub is all apart and the next its workin. great Job.

Have a slite problem with my 127.
It does not like to move.
I went to use it today, fired right up, moved the hydro lever forward, reverse, nothing.

Gave the hydro some time to warm up, like 5 minutes, still nothing.

Stumped I went into the house for a cup of coffee, 1/2 hour later I went out to try again.
This time the 127 moved, but only about 50 feet befor it came to a grinding stop.

Sounds like something is grinding in the hydro and there was a jerking to the tractor.

Shut it down, let sit for another 5 minutes, fire it back up again only this time I did not attempt to move it, just let it set and run for 15 minutes.

After 15 minutes warm up time all worked as it should.

Question I have is this,
Is this a sure sign that the hydro has a build up of water in it and the grinding noise I heard was the pump chewing up ice?
OR could there be some thing more serious wrong?

Jason D i`AM Old
old.gif
retired with so many health issues .Was insured for a wage replacement. Its all in the steps you take, these old Cubs follow 1 rule GROUND, spark, fuel, air.Now we can get led astray but you gust have to see what you want and make it work. I plan to paint my 129 with the loader soon , then i bought 4 more and the 129 it`s still in pcs.I want all of them running so then i can make the 129 look finished. my first Cub.
111187.jpg

Lonny Think thick hydro fluid and you`ll replace it. new filter and your done . Your not building any pressure there.( no flow) My 147 comes out of the heated Cub Shack like a sports car, leave it out in the cold. And half hydro to move is normal i think.So much to do so little time. just my .02
old.gif

Paul-Yep I put pivot on outside(frame)side of arm. I have the remains of a 104 I bought for parts and lift arm came off it. Copied how it was attached but there is no hydro pump lines or the Z bracket that mounts to frame that the rear disc brake assy. arm attaches. on the 104 it had no outside brakes on rear. I tried it out and goes back forth,didnt seem to catch on anything or hang up.Ill take another look, maybe it was my camera angle.
DTanner- I would love a small loader tractor-beats shoveling dirt by hand which is what I do at the park. Shovel - fill trailer - drive to holes/low spots - shovel - fill holes. repeat as neccessary.

y harry miler (Hwmiller) Please update your profile!!!. You sound like my wife lol. A loader is Great. I love mine, so would all.But with 8 i just don`t like to be disapointed . ( can`t spell old lol)All my 8 now run good . they are a great tractor as we all know. If it ain`t fun we won`t. just my .02 Where is big Dig haven`t seen a thing of it! he used to call. lol Later Don T
old.gif

DTanner- updated and 107 added.Only have one whole Cub but I do have 12 station wagons.I may have to start trading wagons for cubs
proud.gif

harry miler (Hwmiller) KOOL i love my cubs. Al of them.If you didn`t have no passion, i would`n`t have a cub , we must because we know what we should be able to do with em loL
old.gif

Lonny,

Check the driveline for a sheared spiroll pin. Thick oil could make a broken one slip.....

Thanks James. I thought the parts diagram was wrong.

Douglas Welcome!!
thumbsup_old.gif

Dumb question , are you sure you installed , wired the kill switch and push button correctly? The FAQS at the top of this page has wireing diagrams.do you have an elec meter that you can chase down the prob with? Is power getting past the button when you depress it? is the new kill switch failing? No expert here but im thinling if you could test the voltage from point A all the way to B, the SG, you would find your problem

Douglas
went and re read your post.I dont know about the amp meter reading neg. and Id say if there is no power beyond NEW? push button that thats your problem!BUT you also said new kill switch....check wireing! Like I said im no expert ive not had a cub with ither a push button or a kill switch. hopefully others will have suggestions to! Good luck....off to work.yeah!

Douglas, welcome!
groupwave.gif

Here's a wiring diagram that might help you with your model 70. The ammeter was optional on the model 70, is it mounted in a bolted on bracket?

111189.jpg

Cold out this morning, -2°F but there sure was a nice sunrise.

111191.jpg

Right now the #2 125 is setting outside, if all goes well after this weekend it will be parked in my parent's old 4 place horse trailer. Saturday I plan to cut a sheet of 1/2" OSB into strips to fill in the openings in the trailer to keep the snow out. I have some heavy duty free standing ramps that my FIL made that I'll leave in place that should make it easy to get the Cub in and out for snow removal and firewood hauling duties. I see the trailer as a portable ~6'x14' Cub shed.
happy.gif

111192.jpg

Off topic i know but does anyone know if Caterpillar ever experimented with making garden tractors?

Kraig, Have you told Santa THAT YOU REALLY NEED that pole barn shed for Christmas?????? It's not like you don't deserve it.

Here is a pic from my 61. I was wondering what the bracket on the side of the steering column housing is for? Any thoughts? My mower deck does not use the bracket and it is stock. The plows I've looked at from that era don't seem to need it either. There is also a hole in the housing I was planning on filling. Does it have a function?

111196.jpg

Jerry, Santa is fully aware that I've been good,
angel.gif
and deserve a pole barn. Mrs Santa however, thinks otherwise....
bash.gif

Jim, that is for an optional front PTO. I'll dig up some photos to post of what the rest of the parts look like.

Back