• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 05, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ethan, Hydro-

Don't forget the 129 was a best seller. I think it's one of the best mowing cubs period. An 8 year old can lift the deck with the manual lift and it must have appealed to women as well. I also agree about the use of hydraulics, especially at my age when it comes to most any other attachment. I use a 149 and a 1650 in my garden which covers the cutting, harrowing, and tilling and the hydraulics are a must.

Just another .02 worth.

Ok, things are going together nicely....even if it was a bit nip outside last night.

I got the axle pivot bushing reamed. I brought a .75 ream home from work and got the axle put up in my mill and made quick work of it. I've got a antique 9x24" "table top" mill.

I fitted the axle to the frame to check for side play. It had just a touch, so I dug in my parts bin and found a nice .03 shim with 3/4" hole and slipped it in. With the pin in, it has just a touch of play. Perfect.

318525.jpg

I then put new ends on my steering arm and adjusted it.

318526.jpg

The steering wheel is centered pretty close and has 1 turn each way to lock. It is smooth as silk with nary a bit of play to the wheel. A much needed improvement over what it was when I brought it home.

318527.jpg

I slid the powerplant in place and got in the bolt bin and install ALL four 3/8" bolts to secure it in place.

318529.jpg

Starting to look like something. The nose is just sitting there as I picked up a new gen/starter belt for it(on my way to work this morning) and I realized you need to have all this off to get the belt on because the PTO control rod runs THROUGH the middle of it. Ugh. I also picked up a new set of SEALED wheel bearings for the front end. If/when I get the paint for the wheels I'll be near ready for a test drive. It does need a new battery, but that is a little detail.

I do need to figure out the electric lift. I'm likely going to purchase a linear actuator to replace what the factory had but I need to figure out how it attached to the lift arm. Mine has the manual arm on it now and don't know what the previous owner changed?

Do I have to polarize the starter/gen when I replace the battery?

Larry K - little confused with your statements. I don't think you need to have the nose off to get the S/G belt on. If you don't have the PTO engagement rod connected to the PTO engagement lever (in front of the PTO clutch) then you will need to have the belt off in order to slip the end of the rod into the hole in the lever. (hahaha - this does get confusing to explain)

Is there supposed to be a rubber gasket around the edge of the air cleaner cover on the the Q/Ls where the cover mates to the air cleaner base to seal the air filter in better????

Back