• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don T.
Matt is right, your lift bar is upside down or it's Nova Scotia'd as we call it in the states.
biggrin.gif

Mat it won`t fit between the frame and lift as shown in the post. the lift rod and the block it conects to will scrape the frame and i don`t think thats corect. Don T

i`ll trake a picture after supper.my lift is diferent than the 1 kent shows

Don T.-

Those aren't supposed to be touching. Since your pin plate and lift bar appear to be correct, I'm gonna guess that the part of the rockshaft that that connects to is bent or improperly installed.

Hmmm seems like I may have sent him on an upside down out and around 2 steps back kinda thing. Sorry about that Don T
I'll go back to lurking
lurking.gif

KentucK - does it really work that way on your 129? The assembly side view shows the dogleg bowing up - the pic you posted way back in October shows yours as bowing down....nasty lookin' rag joint too...

Luther,

I have a real good spark at the plug, when I removed the plug and held my thumb over the sparkplug hole and turned the motor over with the choke in the full choke postion I was not getting any gas/fuel on my thumb. I turned the motor over long enought to the point I should have flooded it but did not even get my thumb damp.

I did however get the motor to fire up after I took the air cleaner assembly off the carb and used my hand to block off all air intake to the carb and spin the motor over a few times and it fired up, but I had to use my hand as a choke to keep it running for a couple of minutes befor it stayed running.
Yesterday I went out to try and start it again and it fired up but not without haveing to leave the choke on full until it fired, than postion choke to 1/2 postion until warmed up enough to run without any choke.

well here goes lol i just took these and my conection is different that Ken posted on his 129.they are calling for snow and i want to get this sorted out.oh no fan got new fan and no clip.
bash.gif

71107.jpg

71108.jpg

Don T.
On the other end in this pic you posted,
71110.jpg

You gotta have a lift bar bushing. Which if I had known that was not included in the parts you bought from that other guy, I woulda sent one along with the lift bar, but I thought you had everything but the bar.
71111.jpg

so i need more parts!does the cylinder push bar get pined to use the lift. as you see in my post when the cylinder is in it is piviting on a pin.should i grind off some of the lift bar so i can get a washer on before a cotter key? if i don`t won`t the lift bar just wear on the cotter key? DonT

ok Don I want to help really I do !!
this doesn't appear to have the hydraulics but is a good shot of the rockshaft
71114.jpg

"yes" well that shot shows me that i should pin the shaft above the clip like yours? i`ll get this right when there is no snow to move,lol
bouncy.gif

Donald - are you putting the "pin block" in the right location ? It goes on the 2 bottom holes of the rock shaft arm. Looks like plenty of room to me.

Kendall - I was just putting it together in that pic to figure out how the cylinder hooked up. Harry's green bar got sold on egay so NO it doesn't work on my 129 ... My 129 doesn't work either since it's been stripped down since then ... but I see a loader in it's future and getting put back together and maybe powered with my 20 Kawasaki and power steering.

Then again I may just watch TV and go bear hunting ;)

My grass / leaves is WHITE !

KENtuckyKEN (Kweaver) are you putting the "pin block" in the right location ? It goes on the 2 bottom holes of the rock shaft arm. Looks like plenty of room to me. well yes i`am trying to do that in the 2 bottom holes but it won`t line up because it is hitting on the cylinder bracket above. Thanks Don T

KENtuckyKEN (Kweaver) now that you mention it i never tried to conect it when the cylinder was put out and that might make all the difference. DonT

Brendan, lean may burn hotter but a mixture that is too rich will push fuel into the muffler and make it glow cherry red every time like Kendall said,BTDT.

Henri I kind of agree with you, it seems like its too rich fuel mixture, but the manuals seem to say otherwise. Like Bendon and Kendall says it could be other things. It will just have to wait until I get time. Thats why I have more than just one Cub and Art -- well what can I say??? You will just have to talk with my heirs when the time comes.

Ron - On a chance check to see that mice haven't built a nest in the shroud causing the engine to run to hot. BTDT ... also because I ran an air-cooled Deutz tractor with stopped up cooling fins. It was glowing red and spitt'n sparks pulling silage up a long hill ;)

Hammer down and pic up the pieces later ;)
71130.gif
71131.gif
71132.gif

Latest posts

Back