• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 04, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh oh....Greg broke it this time !!!
banned1.gif
lurking.gif

What a pleasant day in the CubHouse.
bouncy.gif

Narrow frame steering spindle taper pin repair: start here:

182050.jpg

Resize with 11/32"bit

182051.jpg

Add washers (or whatever) to take up slack between top of spindle and bottom of cap:

182052.jpg

Patiently do the reaming:

182053.jpg

Voila!

182054.jpg

But wait, there's more! Now that the steering spindle is as tight as it's ever been, we have to work our way back. 4 much better, if used, tie rod ends, tighten the steering box, (so help me, I pumped a whole tube of grease into it and I don't think I'm done, yet. I might keep pumping until I see grease coming from the upper steering wheel bearing!
AND, while I'm here, I've checked into the TOE IN for these front wheels. 1/8" narrower in the front than in the back. Is it just me, or is that an awfully close setting? Ah, what can we expect from machines that (IMHO) were set to aircraft tolerances when they were built/born.

Frank what did you use the 11/16 bit for sounds a little big .

Jim Larsen
I`am talking to Frank C on the phone right now and he said he made an error there and it should read
11/32. Frank said it took 3/4 hour to make that post and still missed that lol. later Don T

I fixed Frank's post so that it now say's 11/32".

Kraig, Are you suppose to take the front pto OFF to install those clips? I just took a neelde noose(nose) pliers and and "bent" the open end and pushed it in behind the clutch disk. It seemed to work ok and they all are still in it after running it for a couple of days. How is it possible that they can fly out as I have heard? They seem quite snug in there...

Thanx, Kraig. Nice to know somebody's got your back!
thumbsup_old.gif

WTH
182057.jpg

Tony...There will be plenty of pics, won't get started till spring though. This way I can use my Cozy Cab this winter before it gets traded off for an IH Windbreaker. I got looking at the fenders on my Springfield and think they may look pretty good. They are like little clam shells. Maybe I'll play with my Paint.net program and add the clam shells tonight.

Frank...I should be doing the same thing. That spindle cap is the only thing loose on my 73. Don't want it to get worse.

128 wheel weights.

if I buy non OEM, wheel weights off ebay, how do i know they will fit?
just by measuring the distance between the mounting bolts?

I bought a dozer blade for my sons 102 Cub Cadet. It is the thinner model dozer blade. Is there a mounting bracket that goes on the front of the tractor that the blade attaches to?

Does know what the part is called or have a picture of it?

Thanks for any help.

182061.jpg

182062.jpg

The subframe seems to be the right size. It fits into the pegs under the footrests. The back pegs fit under the foot rests and the front of the sub frame is would just fit over the front frame if the pegs were not welded onto the brackets.

I was told this in not a narrow subframe and that the 102 did not come with a quick attach connection. I am thinking I am going to have to cut off the front pegs and drill a hole through where they are to bolt it to the frame.

Eric L.,
You are correct.
Your 102 is NOT a Quick Attachment type, rather it is bolt-on type Cub.
The 102 is a Narrow Frame Cub.

Confirm it here: http://cubfaq.com/ihbuilt.html

So the next question is: What will it take to convert it to mount up to your 102....

Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

Eric:
Here's what the Parts Lookup shows for a 102 without the Quick Attach mounting points:
182065.jpg

The arrows point to the two plates that bolt to the frame..

Rather than cut up the unit you've got, you might want to post something in the want ad section of the forum - someone might have what you need and want to swap..

Ryan:
err.gif

Thanks,

I think if I just make a bracket for each side that the pins can go into and bolt it into the frame that should work.

182070.jpg

182071.jpg

182072.jpg

Kendell-

Something's wrong there...that looks like the non-trip blade for an original. I have a blade subframe that has brackets on it like he's talking about making, and I think that they were an OEM thing. Perhaps I'll take a picture when I return to the frozen north next week...

Matt:
That came from the 102 accessory parts lookup... I don't have a NF, so that's what I've got to go by....What Eric has is a NF QA frame (pins point in), if there was an add on QA mounting kit for the 102, I can't find it.

I just talked to the guy I got the plow from. It was from a 127 narrow frame. They made the quick attach for the 127. Could I just get the quick attach mounting brackets from a 127 and put it on my 102?

Latest posts

Back