• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 02, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremy,
3,600 rpm is the same max. speed for the K Series Kohler (K241 10 hp) that originally came in your 108

Kenny,
Thanks for your time and information. I just wanted to make sure that 3600 RPM wasn't going to turn too fast to damage my creeper or tranny.

Jeremy- note that the Kohler engine drives the CUB transmission from the FLYWHEEL side... shaft direction is to the opposite as if you were to run the tranny direct from the normal engine output shaft...

But you could get a Kohler for a fair price for a good used runner, or spend $100 for a rebuilder, put in another $150 in rebuild parts, and be in good shape...

Merry Christmas all:

found this add in the local paper with a web link I thought I would post here. I have no connection with it but may go check it out. wouldn`t mind taking some stuff to sell but I don`t know if I want to load in january weather.
This is about 15 min . from me at the pa / oh. line just off I-80 http://www.kartingswapmeet.com/

Pullers-
For a stock class puller, billet flywheel, stock cast crank, how high of an RPM could one expect to turn the engine with decent expectation of life. Have a friend that's looking at building a Cub for pulling but since it'll be his only one, he might want to tag along with me to a PD and plow with his tractor too.

Wyatt; most clubs limit the stock class to 4000 rpm. max. , Stock altereds can run without a gov. . I think his biggest problem at Plow day would be cooling with the steel flywheel on unless he bolts some cooling fins on it.

Hi,
I just put some information regarding V-twin pulling engine parts in the classifieds. Just thought some of the guys might be interested. We have other parts for these engines as well.

This postcard/coaster was on the table when we went to eat the other day.

<center>
24887.jpg
</center>

}If I wanted to become a garden tractor Puller, which Cub Cadet would you recommend I start with? I know a guy who has over 65 Cub Cadets to choose from. I’ll be looking for one by Wednesday of next week.
I would appreciate any information on which Cub I should get.

Larry
thumbsup.gif

Larry,

in a stock class it would be hard to beat a 108/128 frame........takes a big single without mods and makes a nice starting point.

Steve, yep, thats a good chassis to start with. nice to get the internal brake rearend out of a older tractor to put in it though

Dan is this the same club that was rummered to be having a pull in Des Moines IA. ? and would the half pint style chassis be leagal in your pro & SS class's?

has anyone had a chance to read over the rules for the SA twin class for NQS next year? check them out at www.nqspulling.com let me know your thoughts on this.

Don- why is the internal-brake preferred over external-brakes?

Steve B,

OK thanks for the information. I think I have one of those two as an options. Would you believe I found a guy who has over 65 Cub Cadets setting in his storage shed and some outside. He invited me back to see if there was anything I wanted.

Larry

Dave, I'm told that there's always a bit of "drag" associated with the external brakes that is not present on the internal brake rear-ends. Another thing, the caliper assemblies and linkages for the external brakes weigh more than the single brake linkage for the internal brake, and to most serious pullers every ounce counts. I think there may also be some possible interference issues with the external discs on the axles, in some situations.

Dave,

They won't alwasy clear 26x12x12 pulling rims with the calipers on.

Larry,

I think I know where you were....about 10 miles SE?????

(Message edited by sblunier on January 23, 2005)

don the club that i think is doing the pull in des moines is called praire tractor pullers. american mini pullers is doing the pull in farley, iowa. u can run the half pint style in the super stock im pretty sure but not sure if they are allowing that style in prostock class. you would probly want to call ron conley at 608-532-6411 and talk to him. hes the man in charge of it all.

the Real Wheels will clear the external disc brakes but you need to stay with 4x8 offset, Douglass has just introduced a rim that will also clear them. big reason is if you are not very careful the brakes will drag which could pull you off to one side or the other. I ran one in my old stock with no problems but I spent a large amount of time making sure it would not drag

Hey ya'll!
1. I have a 122 that I want to pull, stock class. Anything I should know as my other puller is green & this is my 1st Cub Cadet? I intend to use 23-10.50x12 lugs & tri ribs on the front.

2. Why would I need an adjustable hitch for pulling?
Thanks,
Papaw

To adjust the height to put the desired amount of downforce on the rear wheels.....higher hitch = more traction and higher potential for parts breakage.......most pulls limit max. hitch height (13" I think)

Back