• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 01, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coffee.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif
lurking.gif

MARLIN - The solution to the shipping cost to Dave Kirk's is easy. ROAD TRIP! It's only 70 miles each way for me but well worth the price. I know your trip would be a couple hundred miles further each way but being able t talk to Dave in person is worth the trip.

FRANK - You didn't specify exactly who you were using in Missouri, but if it's who I think it is I wouldn't recommend him. I've seen some of his machine work and for the money I was NOT impressed. He modified the HD K361 forged Alcoa rod I used in my K321 and did a very shoddy job of it. Maybe if you bought one of his $4000-$5000 pulling engines he does better work on them.

Dennis Frisk

I like road trips ! I went for a small road trip this last Saturday. I took my 14' cargo trailer (Cub Hauler)to Dieppe New Brunswick and home again. I`am happy that I got 13.8 mpg loaded and 23.6 on the return trip empty. the plan was to bring two Cubs home , but that will happen later in the spring.I will build a 14 HP std tractor in the spring with a creeper . I want to see how that would work . The price is a gift almost lol. 150$ for two cubs and I think one is 125 . It has some key way damage to the crank and I will need to have another key way cut.So I think I will get the 125 repaired and give it to my brother as a gift.I know he will like that .

I need to make a road trip to David Kirk's place to pick up my second Killer Kohler, this second one is a K241. It's only been finished for a little over a year now.
rolleyes.gif
I've made arrangements with David a couple of times to drive down but the weather keeps messing up the plans.
angry.gif
According to mapquest, it's only 287.91 miles and 5 hours and 11 minutes each way, or 575.82 miles and 10 hours and 22 minutes round trip.
Shift.gif

For those of you looking for a good machine shop in Missouri, I recommend Button Automotive in O' Fallon, MO. (20 mins west of St. Louis)

I live about 5 minutes away. The owner is Doug Button and has been doing all types of engines for at least 30+ yrs. I've been sending kohlers to him for 15 years with never a single problem.

He used to mill the rods for bearings but sold his tooling for that years back due to lack of that job. I've been trying to find him another set because we have a pretty good increase in pullers in this area again.

I wanted to Thank everyone here who responded to my post about my transmission. I got the lever freed up and now it, now it moves into forward and reverse quite smoothly. And I got power to the rear tires! Now on to the next issue. When its in gear and you press the brake, the pedal stops about halfway down and will not move the lever into neutral or apply the brake. If I manually move the lever to neutral as I press the brake down, then it will activate the brake. Any thoughts?

Don T,

Drinking coffee, scratching your head, preaching to the choir AND lurking at the same time? Man that's multi-tasking!!

Sorry charlie...

Mark, sounds like the hydro control lever mechanism is still hanging up. The bevel on the bottom of part #29 has to slide on the pin, part# 22, to turn the control handle and return it to neutral. It needs to turn freely and have a good coating of lubrication to do so. If it was rusted up it will need to be moved via the control lever a bunch to free it up more so that the brake pedal can actuate it with less resistance.

249727.jpg

Scott Tanner... Looking for "round tuits"...

I have a few things that I have been putting off ,( don`t we all ).Thinking of the 123

249729.jpg

Then I get a call .
facepalm.gif
Life interrupted . Most, all, The people I knew getting old have passed .I have lost so much.
But my Cubs will be here . I have a few plans for this winter.My 129 loader will get a three turn steering and tri ribs(because Charlie said so ! ) Two more Cubs here in the new year and I have so much to do.

With my Wife retiring in 11 days I know this will bring a change to my life!I have been told I will have more time with her home.
thumbsup.gif

sorry.gif

Kraig...would that be located behind the battery or underneath more near the brake pedal?

Don - not sure whether to send best wishes or condolences. I know when I retired in '07, Sandy had a very hard time having someone else around during the daytime - I was never sure whether it was because I interfered with her schedule or her Soaps watching. I'm sure you don't watch TV during the daytime - but be sure to be really nice when she gets bored and offers to do things like reorganize your Cub parts or clean the workshop - give her a credit card and arrange a shopping trip or maybe find yourself a part time job..
clappy.gif

Mark, under the dash, behind the battery box, behind the steering column, near the bottom.

Gerry Ide

I think this will be good for me.I`am getting some help to finish off some things and with the MC and my fiver summer goes fast.
beerchug.gif

Mark, it might help to set on the tractor with it shut off and work the hydro control lever back and forth while pressing and releasing the brake pedal to make everything work together to polish off any rust. You should be able to feel how "notchy" or smoothly it's working as you do this. Several years back I had to do this with one of my 125s. It wasn't locked up like yours was but the brake pedal would not return the hydro control to neutral. I sprayed the hydro control, (parts # 29 and #22 that are buried in the dash that I mentioned in the my previous post), with some PB Blaster then worked it all like I described above. It worked to free it up and now several years later it still works nice and smooth.

Alan S on the solid state vr remember that you are dealing with a motor/generator. I think it would be easier with a plain generator.

Allen S on the solid state vr remember that you are dealing with a motor/generator. I think it would be easier with a plain generator.

Latest posts

Back