• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 30, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to all the new members!!!

I won't be reading or posting for the next couple days. Angel & I are closing on and moving this weekend to our house. We are moving to Colo. Iowa... just east of Nevada about 7 miles. Nice old house with double lot and eight shade trees. Only an old one car garage though. After we get settled in and somewhat relaxed I'll put pics in the Comin's & Goings section. It seems strange to be able to own again. Everyone take care and have a great and safe weekend.

Digger, Thanks for the photo, Scott has the summer gone by already? You could bring them up sometime (Grey house 2nd from the corner onthe right on Lathrop) or give to Kristen across the street from you, we see them all the time. Dave

Plug and Coil- 122 Cub. As per your advice yesterday, I'll change my plug today. If I need a coil, Where should I look -NAPA maybe? Any specs on the coil? Dont really want to make the drive to my CC dealer and pay the big money. Dave

PSA,
<font color="ff0000">For all new people wanting to sigh up and have Earthlink or Mindspring email addresses or any others that have super spam filters.
PLEASE set it up to accept the registration email from IHCUBCADET.COM! If you don't, you will not get registered or receive the confirmation email.
</font>

DAVID P. - Couple years ago I started using the cheaper auto parts store coils and about every two years My Cubbies would mysterously die while mowing and restart a while later. Once I had Both Cubbies I had dead in the back yard.... the 72 & 129 I had. I've been using the correct KOHLER coils since then and My problems have stopped. The sponsors above or any small engine place that handles Kohler parts has the correct part on the shelf.

Lonnie,

Did you use a manual transmission tractor with your loader? How does that work out? I've been told that it is hard on the drive train and it has been suggested to use a hydrostat. Also, have you had any problems with your spindles?

Stuart

Marlin, best wishes to you and Angel on a safe move to your new place!

Does anyone have a break down of the drive line, in particular the clutch assembly, on a 122 that they might be able to mail me? I need to get some parts ordered bad.

Thanks
Brian

Brian, below is a link to an online parts search. Click on the gray "SHOP ONLINE Parts Look Up" button then enter 122 in the search menu, then select 122 from the list of search results. On the right side of your screen a folder titled "Illustrated Parts List" will appear, click on this and you'll get a list of catagories to look at, you'll of course want to click on the one called Clutch. This will give you an exploded view and a list of part numbers. You can then have the part numbers to order from your favorite Cub Cadet dealer or one of the sponsors listed at the top of the page. Happy searching!
happy.gif

PARTS LOOKUP

A good friend just informed me that the Parts Look Up is now available right on Cub Cadet's website, soooo, here's a better link that eliminates one step:

CC Parts Look Up

WOW! I priced all the stuff out to rebuild/replace my clutch and I'm nearly at 300 clams. I guess I better start saven my pennys before snow plow season hits. Still not bad after you average it out over 40 years Hahaha.
jawdrop.gif

Hello I've been having a problem with my 104 when it gets hot it surges and backfires if the engine comes under any strain.I looked in FAQ and added Marvel Mystery Oil to the gas and oil. This cub was rarely used and sat in storage for many years since new and I'm wondering should MMO solve this problem or should I look for something else? Thanks James

That only took 6+ years!!!! I can remember way back when when cub cadet first started with Parts Smart. I remember having a conversation with a CC terr. manager about how crazy it was that they did not have a online parts lookup for the public. At that time (5 years ago) he told me, "we're getting there". At least they follow through. I always referred to it as my "magic parts book". I am glad to see Cub Cadet finally catch up with John Deere, technology wise;o)

JONATHAN - Back 25 yrs ago when I was working for IHC I had complete access to production & service part inventory and usage history at the terminal next to My desk... (this was WAY before the PC) and JD, JI Case, White, Oliver, Ford, CAT, etc. was trying to catch IHC... IH also had their own phone satelite system. Their main frame computer was HUGE...and very capable. Some of this technology probably took a long time to get affordable for smaller companies like MTD. So MTD/Cub Cadet is just getting back to where they were,.... In the lead!
I had a job placement at JI Case's BIG service part depot for a month My Sr. year in college and their system was archaic compared to IH's.

James C, does it die and then start back up? sounds like fuel problems at this point. dont know how it was stored, might want to take the carb bowl off and check for fuel varnish or "trash". let us know...

Dennis Frisk, do you remember if the production part numbers and the service part numbers were the same or were they different? I was at a Briggs update meeting in Ft.Wayne one year and was talking to the factory rep. at break and he said federal law(at the time) required them to have a production number and a service part number, they couldn't be the same. Tony

Anthony O the cub starts shortly after it dies, I've cleaned the carb ,bowl ,new gas line taken off the tank and had it vatted after originally removeing at least 1/2 inch of dried sludge that I discovered after using several times when it worked fine. It gives more trouble on hills. You may be right,but it seemed to run much longer today(45 minutes) than previously (15 minutes). I need all the advice I can get. Thanks,James

James, sounds like the MMO may be working. The missing and backfiring may be a sticking valve and gets worse when it is hot.

Back