• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 30, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I would like to take a minute here to WELCOME all the new guys.

Also for the ones thinking about joining.

PLEASE read the FAQ section on how to do it. I know it's a pain but things work so much better when you follow the guidelines for your user ID on the signup page.
39600.gif

Also, how are the guys out there doing that have dialup?
Should we lower the post count per page to help when loading all the BIG pics so it doesn't take as long to load up?

I am a
n00b.gif
AND I have dialup
destroy.gif

Sorry, couldnt resist using that icon but I really havent had much trouble, even with the recent pictures. I'm used to life on the web being a tad slower for me. So you dont have to change it for me. I sort of like the continuity of the higher post count, and it might actually be slower to download two shorter files than a single larger one.

Wayne

Digger,
I am currently on dialup and have had no problems with the new forum.I think the info I get here is well worth a short wait.Thanks for all that the moderators do.
Dave

I'll second the welcome to all the new guys.

WELCOME GUYS!

Anthony O., yes there have been some here that have made weights out of old lead tire weights. I might even have photos of the process. But I don't think it's that popular to do with the possible health hazards and all.

Allen s.my dad used to use what he called a rolling block to pull out fence posts with his truck,he had a oak pallet in front of the post and the tied a chain to the bottem of the post then over top of the pallet and hooked to his truck,eased foward and post would jump out,maybe one could make his own rolling block with boxed steel in the shape of a triangle and mount a pully to the top,I think it would work on shrubs,small trees,fence posts or anything within reason with your cub, KEN.

Sorry, didn't get the pics of mower deck. Was able to inspect it, deck appears not to have been modified in anyway and baffle looks good guess I just try to keep it cleaner. Speaking of which, are some of you using the graphite coatings "Paint" on underside of deck and what is your opion of its performance?

Digger,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm ok with the higher count, my dial up is pretty quick for what it is, the pics don't seam to take all that long.

Kraig, Charlie, whoever: On the picture of the mower deck and yes I knew what the baffle was, it shows that bright yellow piece on the bottom of the chute. My deck on the 1000 has that what is it for?

My 782 and 1863 deck didn't have it and it has been to darn long since I owned my 108.

Thanks Pops

In need of another bit of advice- Cub 122. Starts as usual, runs great for about 15 minutes, then bogs down like it is running out of gas and eventually quits. Plenty of gas in tank. let it cool down she starts and runs fine, I guess for another 15 minutes. Suppose I could leave it, but it's going to take me a long time to cut my yard! Dave, Marcellus, NY

David,

I had a simialr experiance with my 122, turned out to be a bad coil. Does it have spark after it stops running? In mine the spark was pail, more so after it ran for a few minutes. After it cooled down it would almost look normal but not as bright blue as it did with a new coil. Just an idea, hope that helps.

Somebody else with a 122, Cool.

David P. Have you checked to see if you still have a strong spark when it dies? If you still have spark I'd guess you have a sticking valve and I'd start using MMO. If you don't have a strong spark I'd first try a new plug, then a condenser and finally the coil. I'm guessing MMO will eventually cure the problem.

Ben C. -

That's a deflector. Keeps projectiles from taking a direct shot at something.

Pops, that is a deflector. It's there for safety reasons. If you should hit a rock, walnut, etc., the deflector is supposed to prevent the object from going any distance and/or from becoming airborn. Problem is it can also prevent the mower deck from properly clearing the grass clippings and thus, many have been removed. I'm not recommending that you remove yours though...... you know, legal reasons.
happy.gif

Thanks- Think I'll try a new (cheap & easy) plug first. MMO?? Marvel Mystery Oil?? Dave

Dave P

I found 2 of your clamps in my garage from this spring's welding session... I gotta bring 'em by....

(shows everone how productive i have been this summer...)

Ken, thanks for idea of post assy to lift shrubs out of the ground. A small part of my problem was wet grass. This thing has far more power than I imagined, needs weights and maybe chains for max performance.

Hey Mr. Moderator...I found something in a store some guys might like to know about, but it might take away a little business from our sponsers, what be ur pleasure? A.

Back