• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 29, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
worthless.gif
lurking.gif

Hydro oil change questions -

I picked-up a hydro filter today, CC part number 923-3014 and am laying plans to change the hydro oil on my 109.

Question is - how much Hytran should I buy? The manual says 14 pints - do I need that much or is some fluid retained in the tranny regardless of draining it? I don't think there is a drain plug, so I gather I need to pull the rear plate off the tranny? I will likely need a new gasket if I do this. Any reason for some kind of tranny flush and if so, any advice on doing this? Any advice on just changing the tranny oil would be appreciated. I took a look-see at the FAQ's but didn't see a tranny oil procedure - but I could have missed it.

Do you folks typically buy your Hytran from the CC dealer or a CaseIH dealer. I assume they would sell the same stuff. What kind of price should I expect to pay for a pint or gallon?

Ken F.-

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

The iso-mounts are not critical parts. If they are all the same height and stiffness, they will work. The weight of the engine will compress them. The amount of tightness on these bolts will not change the vibration issue significantly. Yes, changes in rubber stiffness or compression could have some minor effects on their ability to dampen vibration, but not major effects. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

<font size="-1">If the stiffness of the rubber didn't matter, then the rock-hard chassis mounts some people try to use to save money would actually damp vibration effectively, but they don't. Rubber is also not a linear elastic material, so the amount of compression can and will effect the damping, evidenced by the fact that following the installation instructions will result in a lot of vibration, and tightening them a lot less results in satisfactory performance.</font>

Bill Jamison

I think the only way to put in new hytran is to remove the cover and get all the mess out. You can use brake clean to get the area clean ,install a new gasket and all ways fill the filter before you install it. I have even removed a relief valve and add hytran so the pump would not be run dry. No pints here I buy it in a 20 litre pail.
cubwinker.gif

Charlie I like the Grill . That is different , Did you do that ???

Bill-

If you have a choice between a CC dealer and a Case IH dealer go with the Case IH dealer. I'm sure you can trust the CC dealer but if I had a choice I'd go to the IH dealer in a second over a CC dealer. IMO. I've used many a CNH belts and they are some of the best.

I have a question. The cubs that had a factory installed rear pto, what implements did it run?
I have never seen an attachment for a cub that required a pto. Just wondering what was available for the cubs

Would a New Holland (CNH) dealer carry Hytran or the same hydro fluid under a New Holland name vs IH's hytran brand name? Not finding much luck finding a Case IH dealer in my neck of the woods, but there is a New Holland dealer not to far away.

Bill, my cub dealer is a new holland dealer and when getting Cub Cadet parts there, they come from CNH Case/New/Holland

And when buying hytran they pump it into my container from a 55 drum saving me over 1 dollar a pint

Bryan K.
Nothing, although some people did use them to drive a hay or grain elevator. The PTO was available in a Farmall Cub, so since the Cub Cadet uses the same transmission, IH offered it for the Cub Cadet also.

FWFW, I'm still googling, but from what I have found so far is that New Holland MasterTran is the same oil as CaseIH Hytran. Take that with a grain of salt as I can't prove (or have black/white info) that they are identical except for the label. However, IF they are the same, it will make potential availability a bit easier to find in my neck of the woods.

Matt,

Thanks.

If I put in metal spacers instead of rubber mounts and bolted everything down solid, would my 1250 vibrate any different than any of the previous 12 HP solid mounted models?

My assumption is that they would be the same and then any rubber would help some. Softer rubber would offer additional dampening up until they get too soft to support the engine or to last satisfactorily. But I could be wrong!

We could be talking about different things. If we assume that the engine vibrates a certain amount then soft mountings will allow the engine to shake but not transfer all of that vibration to the tractor. As you stiffen the mounts the engine will physically move less but more of the vibration will transfer to the tractor. So are we talking about engine vibration or tractor vibration?

Paul, the Hawk Bilt groundsaw I have powers the forward motion of the Cub Cadet through the rear PTO. Although, I'd have to admit this is a very unique application and not something associated with every day operation.

You can buy solid mounts for the QL tractors and I think they are inexpensive. If you try a set and you still have severe vibration, then you know it's NOT the isolators or cradle. From there, I think you might have an engine or drive shaft problem that is throwing everything out of balance.

Just a thought.

BACK TO ASKING QUESTIONS!!!!!!!

a_blink2.gif

I have a 1200 that I use o a regular basis that has the solid mounts. At full throttle or at idle the eng is smooth but in mid throttle it vibratrs a little. I would check to see if you are getting close to max rpms or maybeyou are somewhere in the middle of the rpm range when your throttle lever is all the way up. Mine vibrated when i first got it so I installed new iso mounts and got no where no change whatsoever. checked my rpms while adjusting my gov ans found with the throttle lever all the way up I was only getting 2479 rpms. I adj the throttle cable until I reached 3792 rpms on my digital tach. Now the eng is real smoth. I installed the solid mounts because the rubber ones looked too flimsy. hope this helps

Charlie-
What the HECK is that thing on the front of that 1X2???

Also, any updates on the 169 mufflers you were looking into having remade?

Paul,

Wasn't there a 'pull behind' mower for those tractors? Maybe I'm thinking of someones custom creation.
dunno.gif
I know there was a picture of it around here at some point, kind of looked like a deck from an original. Must of been a custom deal.....looked pretty neat though.

Brian,
That was a home made rear mount mower for the Cub Cadets with rear PTO.

Latest posts

Back