• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 28, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally bought an Original! It was up for sale locally and so I asked the wife if I could just go look at it! She went with me and I pretty much figured it was going to be a closed subject cause this little cub was about as rough as Ryan's 70. It ran though and was mostly complete. On the way home my wife suggested that I buy it as a resto project to do with my oldest son in a couple of years when he is old enough to do some of the work himself. I heartily agreed with her. So, I now have my first Original but it will actually be my sons tractor. He is seven years old now and when he is ready, we will restore it. I'll post pics of it soon. I'm going to need the air cleaner assembly and the metal seat. The steering is really sloppy as well. One quick question--Is the serial number the number cast into the rear end on the right side of the tractor just ahead of the axle tube? I want to see exactly when this thing was made and if the engine is original. I now have three Cubs, I know that isn't very many but its three more than I had a couple of years ago!

Thanks guys for all the info and I will keep you popsted as well. A friend of mine and I are thinking of trying to do a garden tractor show and plow day along with the local threshing bee here in northeast nebraska does anyone have any hints or ideas? I know of no local clubs for garden tractors.

I started mowing and hit a bad ground hog hole and broke the front bushing on the front axel pivot.
cleaned it up and re-welded it heres a few prep pics

229702.jpg

229703.jpg

229704.jpg

joshua
The cast number is a part number for the transmission case. The serial number is stamped into the gear reduction housing (the casting between the front frame section and the transmission), on the right side, just forward and a little above the square headed pipe plug. The numbers are hand stamped in a verticle line, in numbers about 3/16"-1/4" high. The numbers are not very deep and will probably be hard to see because of being painted over and or covered with dirt/grime. The numbers were stamped before the tractor was painted.

thanks to ken freeman and kentucky ken on the 1250 rattles any other tips

JJ - Make sure the hood hinge is tight. Also, there should be rubber (or similar) strips on the lip the hood rests on when it's closed (Parts Lookup calls them Hood Bumpers). Oh, and check the adjustment of the "Latch Spring" clip that holds the hood closed. I've found these areas and the engine & muffler tin to be the biggest culprits (once the engine ISO mounts are solid). Let us know what you find!

JJ, The tin around the muffler box, it tends to stress crack. next thing you know it's rattling.
Just sayin,
happy.gif

JJ - Driveshaft , somebody a while back said their's was making noise

Jeff - looks like it only had a tag weld to begin with

Kentuck,
Just so you'll be updated.
The garage sales up here are still good, especially over in Detroit Lakes, at Aaron's house!
2 50" decks, Near new 50 shell, QA42A and a Brinly disc, converted to Cat. 0.
229707.jpg

Ken yes it did only have a tag weld at the bottem and when my buddy re-welded it he used his wire feed welder that he brought over (I dont weld) sorry I did not get a finished picture.

Latest posts

Back