• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 28, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmcshane

displayname
Ryan McShane
Heres some before and after pics of the '64 70 I repainted this summer...
229608.jpg

229609.jpg

Kentucky, Whats the plan for the beast?
Ryan, That one came a long way.

I found the tractor near Chariton IA last fall. The Engine was froze, transmission tore apart, dash tower rusted, pretty much a sad sight to see. Paid $50 for the whole tractor. Should have parted it out, but really wanted a challenge to take something totally worthless to a useable tractor again. I took this tractor back to ISU and tore it all down and fit the whole tractor in my 2000 Mercury Mystique! I took it home and started putting it back together, finding new parts like wheels and seat parts and steering parts. The engine wasnt original either. But I found new parts and got it running and driving in late December of last year. I used it this spring pulling a lawn sweeper and a harrow...and early this month I decided to repaint it...ill try to get a pic of the finished tractor with the hood and decals.

Heres a pic of it after I first got it running...note the blue dash tower, yellow hood, and it also had red footrests...
229612.jpg

Dave - I'm thinking about resurrecting my loader project , possible the Backwards loader.
<font size="-2">If Charlie would lift the posting limit I'd post the 2.63meg avi file</font>
229615.gif

JJ - That may be the PTO anti-rattle springs missing.

Ryan - Glad you decided to bring it back to life. Of course 20 people probably could have used the parts but that's just tough
biggrin.gif

I'd rather see one running than parted!

JJ, Without being there to here it, open the hood and use a pair of pliars to hold the muffler box. Does the rattle go away?

Looks like Nova Scotia's gonna get pounded now - keep our fingers crossed for Don Tanner....and Frank Currier - you OK up there in New England??

Ryan M. Nice find and sharp looking 70. I'll be busy this coming weekend. I'll email you my phone # and address. How about sometime in the next couple of months you accompany me on a Road Trip to Oskaloosa on a weekend?

BTW... Anyone hear from Kraig M. lately? I've a bunch of stuff to send him.

Off to work. Have a wonderful week.

JJ,

My 1250 was horribly noisy this summer. I found that the wooden front roller on the mower deck had a lot of play. The axle had worn considerably and was vibrating. It was amazingly loud. I made a rubber washer for the end of the roller and all is well. The roller never hits the ground in my yard anyway.

Earlier this summer, I did the engine cradle brace upgrade. That moved the engine away from the tractor frame.

I took off all of the sheet metal and ran the tractor to eliminate possible sources until I found the roller axle on the mower deck.

Process of elimination, my man.

Gerry Ide

No problem here with Irene . We did have a lot of rain That seemed to come down real hard sometimes. I just have a few limbs that were dead that fell out of the trees . The storm surge along the coast with the high tide I know was something to see. We did good as Irene went though more up Frank`s way . Hope he checks in so we know if he had any problems with flooding at Portage Lake. later Don

Thanks for asking, Guys, but the Aroostook's cocoon held. 2.9" of rain and not much wind. That brings us to about 20" of rain above average since June 1. Washouts this year have been so common that the guideline for farmers to get Federal funding to repair damage is if you can drive a tractor through it you're on your own!
happy.gif

TOM H. - Looking forward to your HCoP pic's. My buddy went down Thursday with two other guys who had never gone before. He said the show was FIVE times the size it was back in '05 when we went. Kinze's stuff was all good.

Been a few pic's on the RPM site with more to come I hope. Everyone there @ RPM says it's the best show in the country.

Marlin H.- That would be great! I usually try to head back to Springville about every other weekend, so if we both have a free weekend we should do that.

OK guys I'm at wits end here. I've been working on my 1250 I have used for two years mowing. It needed the trunion reworked, seals, gaskets, and a good cleaning. I have done all of that. I put the tractor back together, started the engine (which runs great) and nothing...no motion forward or backwards. I actually have split the tractor twice now and yesterday after putting it back together again I got the same results. I've gone over the linkages and even "primed" the relief valve holes with hytran which I did both times. The tractor ran and drove fine before all of this. The only thing I did to the pump (besides a thorough cleaning) was switch the motor block and pistons with another pump I had apart. The pistons had some small rust rings and the spare pumps pistons looked good so I checked everything and just switched them out. They were exactly the same. I double checked the pump and motor plates and "glued" them onto the center section with a little grease for the install. The center section went on easily as the bolts pulled it down. I also checked everything per the manual for wear (plates, etc) and found nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm open to any and all ideas. Marlin has been helping me with this project but I don't want to wear out my welcome there. I felt it was time to go to the forum for other ideas.

TIA

Wayne, so you dont feel alone...I just sit here and read usually... just 2 thoughts...if you changed the filter, did you use one for hydraulic filtering(<font size="-2">no check valve in it</font>). Second thought did you put the pump back on upside down???
Others will talk to you as they log in. Good luck.

Dave Ross,Dennis, I think I can control my temptation to insert my fingers into the chute.I'm going to leave them off for now,I'll repaint them and tuck them away.

Allen-

It's the same filter I've been using and it's OEM for hydraulic fluid.

How in the world can one put a pump on upside down? Are you speaking of internals? I removed and cleaned all 18 pistons and both blocks. I made sure the parts didn't get mixed up and soaked them all in hytran when reassembled. I paid close attention to the plates and even double checked the manual about the two vs four slots. I did exactly the same thing to a 129 here a few weeks ago and it's running great.

I'm just stumped so any ideas may help.

Back