• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 28, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, try tapping it ON first, that should loosen it up then try to pry it up. It's a trick that my good friend Art Aytay taught me.
thumbsup.gif

Peter, spray some PB Blaster or other good quality penetrating oil into the tube. If you have the assembly off of the tractor turn it upside down so that the penetrating oil can get into the threads in the button. That button (item #1) just threads onto the rod (item #5).

64407.jpg

Don - there was a thread back in March - check the archives from March 21st there was a post by Ron Schmidt (posted about half way down the page on the 22nd) that will give you some things to try if Kraig's suggestion doesn't work. Just be aware that the lever is internally splined and diecast - don't do too much twisting !!!

By the way - I've never understood why Discus labels the archives as "Through" when it really is "Starting"

Charlie - this is not a complaint about the free service - just wondering
bouncy.gif

Kendell, why do you drive on a "parkway" and park on a "driveway"? Why is it called "rush hour" when your not moving? Why is it called a "pair" of pants when it's just one? I understand a pair of socks, why isn't it called a pair of shirts?
dunno.gif
I could go on but you get the idea.
roflol.gif

OK thanks. I finally got it off. Just starting to restore this 105. Hopefully I can help someone on here too.

Don, I take it the "tap it ON first" trick worked, yes/no? In any case, good to hear that you got the lever off.
beerchug.gif

Kendell,
In my best Clint Eastwood voice!
Nag,Nag,Nag
biggrin.gif

It says that cause the archive starts at a certain point and goes through to the end and stops.
I guess we could change it to say just passin by till we get through lookin or the page fills up, if that would help ya any.
clappy.gif

You mean <u>You</u> could change it ??? (not questioning your possible programming skills, just didn't think that was customizable...). I think I wanna drop this thread before I get myself in deep Cub doodoo....
bubbly.gif
(obviously new retirees have to much time on their hands...)

Hi all. On a cub cadet 105, are the 2 shrouds that cover the pulleys on the deck suppose to be white like the deck, or cub yellow? Thanks!

Charlie P. I'm going to my buddy's place this weekend to pick up the other mower like this one for you. Then perhaps a road trip to Spring Valley the weekend after this one if you're home. Also,my ex-sister in law's husband called me and asked if I still wanted their 1650. He said the poor little fella runs however it is getting tired. They bought it new and it has never set outside in its life. Only time it saw any raindrops was when they were finishing up mowing just before it started to rain. 50" deck to boot. (Sweet... two 1650s.) BTW... Fancy's been faithfully guarding this one for you.
64421.jpg

What is all wrong with the last photo Charlie posted.
I can spot 8 things wrong with it at first glance.

French fries from the deck.
No PTO belt.
The wrong grill.
The model decal is missing.

That is all I can find

Latest posts

Back