• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 25, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike A.
Any parts store will have door foam weather stripping you can buy by the foot. But I've always used weather stripping from menards/home store/walmart/lumber yard that's already sticky on the back and seems to work well.

Terry, The Case garden tractors were built by Ingersoll. Ingersoll still builds and sells them under their own label. A few refinements have been made, but are still basically the same set-up. Parts can still be cross referenced for the Case models.

This is my first attempt at posting a pic. I tried to include the whole Haban cable lift modification in one shot. It was really simple to build, I made a bushing to fit the lift arm and the clevis bolt. The pulley mount on the tractor frame is attached to the top front bolt on the lift cyl. mount. The bracket came from my junk box The other pulley mount is made from flat stock and angle iron.The mount on the mower arm is bolted on, no permanent changes have been made to the mower. Both small pulleys are homemade, the large one is the original chain lift pulley.
39446.jpg

I REALLY like that 1466... The RedPower decal & branding iron decal wasn't created until late in the 86-series but Apostle Ken appreciates the business I'm sure.
TERRY B. - Actually TENNACO who owned J.I.Case among MANY other companies bought IHC's AG division in the summer of 1984 and closed FARMALL and took over operation of the other AG plants in '85. They painted Case tractors red for about two years until they had all the plant equipment out of FARMALL installed & running and stated building the great MAGNUM series tractors in Racine. Then about ten years ago Tennaco let Case/IH spin--off as a separate company. And the they merged with New Holland and somehow trace there ownership all the way back to Europe and actually FIAT.

I wish Dad's 1066 looked that good!

BTW, what is involved in a LP conversion. I would assume it is mostly in the carb (and a LP tank, Duh!)

Thanks Ray.

Hope to get to the "Windy City" soon for a little trip to your play house. We will have to do lunch.

J

Jonathan,
That's fine. E-mail me a couple days in advance when you select a date.

OT...

I'm bettin' Ray would like a copy of at least one of these CDs
wink.gif

39448.jpg

Got the Electric District operations profile document as well...

Bryan

Metro??? Train? What are they for.

J

<font color="ff0000">If it appears that your username is missing, first try re-registering. If that doesn't work, THEN e-mail [email protected] and we'll take a look at it further.

Be patient - this issue came about due to some cleanup that occurred BEFORE the move to the new server. Seems the "remove from group" and "delete user" icons look the same. </font>

My normally reliable 782 has started surging at low throttle settings. Any suggestions what might be the cause? It seems to run fine at full throttle.

LOL, I would but the dang thing wont idle long enough for me to run in the house and get a cold beer. It has run perfectly since I put a new starter in (thanks for the tip, Roland). I'm sure come winter it'll get fussy if I don't see to the carb, tho'.

Went to my local cub cadet dealer over the weekend and and picked up some new items,
39453.jpg

It makes a nice addition to my small collection,
39454.jpg

Nice collection Lonny!

I stopped in at East Lawn and Garden, ordered some parts, and asked about the calenders. They do not have theirs yet!! The guy working the counter (must be new, I've never seen him before) said "We ordered them a while back, I don't know why we don't have them in yet!

Hi, "new kid" here...just got a 147 hydro...came on a trailer for Bobcats. My son said it would break my ramps and P/U truck(S10)!! Anybody know how much one of these tings weigh??

Latest posts

Back