• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 25, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen, I don't think you will have a problem with it in your S10. They fit fine in the back of a Tahoe too!
39461.jpg

Digger, what do you use for ramps? I have 2x8's of medium grade pine for my P/U. Please dont hit anything with that tractor in back, gonna hurt your back when it crashes forward. :)

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I have a 108 that I want to set up for snow removal as cheaply as possible. Am I correct that lacking a creeper gear, a snowblower/thrower is out of the question for this unit?

I bought this thing after watching my neigbor plow my driveway with his old 70, but since then I've been told by a few people that CC's really arent cut out for plowing the snow we get here (northern MN). They may be right, but I've seen it done with a smaller unit than I have. It took time, but the outcome was never in question. Can I assume I will need wheel weights and chains too? The guy in the 70 did. Thanks

wayne

Wayne,

You are thinking about the whole situation correctly......with a Cub cadet the outcome is never in question!!!!

Front blade, weights, and chains and you will be able to do some amazing things!!! A spring assist for the lift will help your arm too.

The big thing about moving snow with a blade is to push it back as far as possible early in the season. This leaves room for the following snows after the snow from 3 weeks ago becomes hard as a brick from compaction and sun glazing.

There are very few things in life that are as much pure fun as moving snow with a blade on a garden tractor....it's not a chore, it's FUN.

Its gotta be a lot more fun than the sore shoulder I still have from shovelling 28 inches from my driveway last February! I was totally impressed by what that old 70 did, and the snow was pretty deep (though nowhere near 26 inches). Now that guy's jealous that I have the 108...he already tried to buy it off me, LOL.

I was told my 782 with a blade would be useless in the Central Iowa snow storms.

I have since proven my snowblower friends wrong.

You will need weights and chains, as well as good common sense. In a big storm, I am out there every couple of hours doing light work, rather than a huge job. It takes more hours, but is that much more fun!!!

WAYNE S. - Don't rule out a snow blower just because You don't have a creeper or hydro. I've used My 72 with both an 8 hp & 10 hp Kohler to move snow for many years without a creeper. The first pass taking the full width of the blower is slow slipping the clutch which isn't a problem for those durable little clutches.... then the following passes You can take just as much width as the blower will handle. With 10 HP anything over 8-10 inches goes rather slow but depending on the area You need to cover shouldn't be too long of an ordeal. I can remove 5-6 inches from My driveway & pad in about 1/2 hour and My drive is 20 ft X 90 ft and the pad is 30+ ft X 50 ft. with My 10 HP 72 and 36" blower.

Something I do remember at an old age!! 782 Hydro= Indiana snow. Sometimes good sometimes very bad. Setup was this: my dirt pulling tires w/chains, 60 lb. rear wheel weights made to fit inside of tire rim and still could the hub caps on, and a 42 inch blade which I still have.

Dang gone thing you just couldn't stop it! Living out in the country I did my driveway and all the close neighbors, loved it and the pay was very good. Home made cookies yum yum. First pass angled blade as far as I could then clean up, was straight or first angle.

Bought a snowblower for a 782 3 yrs. ago made it to fit my 1863 but I still would rather have my 782 10 times the fun!!
thumbsup_old.gif

Pops

Latest posts

Back