• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 25, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Miller,

I have had to saws-all out more them one of those in a Cub Cadet. They usually take a torch and a big press to get the pin out once the axle is free of the frame.

Try Kraig's methods for a while first!!!

Kraig: Yes, I have checked it all several times. I think my problem is that there is some slop in the handle assembly and the lever does not come its full throw length. I am just thinking out loud about converting it to the later system.

Kraig -

The pic was "shopped" and I picked up Cap'n Kirk's 4 bolt hub setup shortly after I got the 169.

Kraig and Steven - Thanks for the suggestions. I already tried a big hammer but just deformed the nut. I'm letting PB Blaster do it's work for a few days and if that doesn't do it then I'll try some heat from the torch.

I stopped by a case/IH dealer today and couldn't let this just set there! They are just the right size for little Cubbers.
39403.jpg

Kraig, Thats what I was looking for thanks appreciate the info & pictures. Jim

Hello how difficult is it to make a wiring harness for a 1250 with lights?

Well, I got that axle pivot bolt out of my Original...it took the sawzall to do it. Then I pressed the bolt stub out of the axle with a hydraulic press; thought it would never give and then it let go like a shot! I thought the press had broken, but everything was OK except for needing a new bolt.

On to the next problem: I've got a lot of wear on the front steering spindles. I'm thinking about building up the wear areas with the tig welder and grinding them true in the lathe with a tool post grinder. Problem is figuring out how to mount them in the lathe to leave the spindle surface clear for grinding. Anyone have some ideas on easier fixes?

James,
That depends on your ability to follow the wiring diagram and make everything fit. Personally I wouldn't mess with it myself, mostly because I'm lazy and it's to easy to buy a used or a factory made one. That's what we have sponsors for ya know. ;-p

Thanks, I could follow one but I would rather buy one also. I'll check the sponsors thanks again James

Charlie-
did you ever get the LP 147 working that you bought a couple of months ago?

Tyler,
It didn't take to much, fill up the propane tank, adjust the regulator/vaporizer and a new battery and it fired right off. It seemed to be running kinda slow RPM wise but after checking it, it was right on. I guess the quietness of the LP runnin through it makes it sound like it's runnin slower.

That was quick
happy.gif

How long does a Lp tank last? I am thinking about converting one for fun.

I have no idea, I've only run it about 2 hours and the gauge dint move, so I'd say it's gonna last quite a while. After I fine tune it a little. I'll stick a tiller on it and see how much Ummph it really has.

Tyler , we have an old 3 cyl. toyota forklift at work with a 30# tank that goes quite a few hrs. between refills . has a cool smell

Went to the LeSueur County Power Show today. Case was the featured tractor. Did IH buy Case or visa-versa? What year was that? I thought I remembered when they were separate. From what I could see today Case used to make garden tractors also. When did they make them and what happened to the garden tractor line? It looked like they ran a hydro pump mounted off the back of the motor sort-of like wheel horse.

Check out the Wisconsin in the 149?? It looks like he cut out allot of the frame to get it to fit.
39432.jpg

39433.jpg

39434.jpg

39435.jpg

39436.jpg

39437.jpg

Hi guys, great site. This is my first post. I am finishing up the restoration of my 107 and can't find a good quality adhesive foam or rubber strip to put on the instrument panel where the hood rests. Any suggestions on brands / products that have worked well for this application? Thanks,

Mike

Latest posts

Back