• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 24, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Craig, any chance you can post or email a photo of your 48" deck? I can get you the part number of the pulley if I can see what version of deck you have. There are 3 versions but two of the versions use the same center pulley. The early version, like the one in the two photos I posted uses a different center pulley. Note that the early version has a very short discharge chute and has a guard hoop. The 2 later versions have a longer discharge chute and no guard hoop.

MATT K. - I don't know what kind of shape Your S/G is in but if sparks are flying from that S/G connector You better get things fixed SOON. There's connections on the INSIDE of the S/G too. The little fiber or plastic insulator that isolates the terminal stud from the S/G case is also replaceable as well as the stud itself. Soldering with a BIG soldering gun is required. I'd pull the hot cable off the battery until You get things fixed. Electrical fires are nasty.

Kraig my 48 deck is exactly like the one in the photo. It has the safety loops on both sides of the deck. This 122 was bought brand new, and I became the second owner. It sat for 10 years under a pine tree. After a few minor repairs it runs, but the deck pulleys are just too far gone. Any info you have on the pulleys, and the tension idler would be greatly appreciated.

Craig, here's an exploded view of the 48" deck.

The center pulley, item# 23, is P/N: 473433-R91.
The idler pulley, item# 32, is P/N: IH-542520-R91.
The idler arm, item# 36, is P/N: IH-486355-R1.
The idler spring, item# 37, is P/N: IH-486361-R1.
The idler bolt, item# 13, is P/N: IH-486360-R1.
The 2 outer pulleys, items# 21, are both P/N: IH-481095-R92

38337.jpg

Let me know if you need any other part numbers.

Just wanted to take a quick moment to thank everyone for all the great information, its helped me a lot with my 122. I would also like to thank Madson's for there quick responses and super fast service.

Craig, I was just rereading your post and the hoops on both sides are runner hoops both item# 7 in the drawing, the later 48" decks have these also (though they are of a slightly different design). It's the guard hoop item# 10 in the drawing that is only on the early deck. Can you verify if your deck has the item# 10 guard hoop?

Anyone remember where or when someone had posted pictures of an implement that someone made to install wire underground, appreciate any help in finding, thanks Jim

Kraig my deck does not have the #10 guard hoop just the two #7s. I can get the exact model # off the deck. It starts in 48 if this would help?

Kraig,
I've been thinking,
coffee.gif

a 12 horse could probably run a 48" deck if a light weight chick were running the tractor (as in the pic). BUT, <font size="-2">if someone like Bryan was on the tractor. . .</font>

roflol.gif

Craig, that number won't help me. Are the hoops on your deck round or half round?

James, is this the one? If so it was made by Ed Stillions and he made it to install wire for invisible fence for his dog.

38339.jpg

38340.jpg

38341.jpg

Ray, that comment will likely cost you a lunch..........
happy.gif

Kraig,
Yikes! Good thing September is a three check month. . . He always wants to go to dose hoiddy-toiddy places.
chef.gif

Kraig -

Ray forgets that I still have one of his books. I'm gonna need something to start the fireplace this fall
lol.gif

Ray -

Save yer money, yer gonna need it to buy your "we wanted a pennant but all I got was this lousy wildcard t-shirt" shirt
moon.gif

<font size="-2">we're gonna win Twins, we're gonna score...</font>

Kraig & Craig,
I believe the early 48" pin-on decks were model 481. The next model for the 1X4,5,6,7 were 482. The last version for the 1X8,9 were 483.

Bryan, I used a 48"deck for years on my 106. My yard was a little rougher so I did not hardly ever mow in 2nd gear. I could mow through some pretty thick grass that was sometimes 6-7" tall with it and never stop. A hydro takes a couple horsepower just to run the hydro pump. My 129 would not handle the 48" deck any better than the 106. The only advantage was I could speed up just a little more when I got to the thinner spots. You know, that gear between 1st and 2nd that only a HYDRO has.

Ray, since when is "Big Boy" considered hoiddy-toiddy?

Wes -

I suppose I should have said <FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Your post was bordering on foot high grass in 3rd gear...
wink.gif

WES - Hydros have MANY gears between 1st & 2nd....
wink.gif
. I can hardly wait to get My 70 in shape to run....that slow 2nd is a great mowing gear compared to the fast 2ND in the 72. Back when the 70 was new.... I used to be able to mow grass 4-5 inches tall flat out in 2nd gear....

Kraig,

Big Boy's??? That's funny. Sorta fits.

Unfortunately, Gov always wants to go to Trader Vic's. <font size="-2">Besides, I think those Big Boys are nord of da cheddar curtain don't cha know
</font>

Latest posts

Back