• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 24, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray, it's the second Big Boy in Bryan's post that I was referring to.
happy.gif

They might be north of the chedder curtain but there are not any near me.

Ken U. My local Cub dealer never stocks any Cub stuff such as calenders or caps, etc. This year they didn't order anything in larger than a 1554 Super GT.

I was going through Aurora, Il. and got side tracked due to construction and saw this the other day!
38365.jpg

A closer look. Keep in mind that the round "IHC" logo hasn't been used since the 40's.
38367.jpg

Bryan,
2.3 mph in 7" grass is different than 3.4 in 12" grass. I won't even tell you about the time I put a pin-on 48" deck on a 70 with a 8 hp re-power. That one deffinately needed the creeper gear on it. It was fun to try but you stayed away from taller grass, even in 1st gear.

Dennis, how well I remember those years of mowing with the 70 in that slow 2nd gear with the 38" deck. That was a mowing machine. That was the same 70 that I made a v-plow for moving snow. I put a 100# tractor suitcase weight on the rear, chains on the tires, and used that wide open 3rd gear ramming speed. That was when I learned how to weld, and reweld the weak spots when it broke. Now that I am older, I still cannot beleive what I put that tractor through, and it just kept on running.

WES - We need to break to a COMMERCIAL from KRAIG speaking of RAMMING SPEED in snow for that picture of Steve B.'s 100 in hood high snow...
I used to blow snow with the 72 when it still had the K181 in it.... without a creeper anything over 3-4 inches required slipping the clutch or substantially less than a full swath. When I dropped the K241 in the 72 it would handle a 6" snow but not much more. A creeper would have been nice but a HYDRO would be better.

Denny, this is Big Steve's 100 which is a different 100 then the one Steve has.

38374.jpg

38375.jpg

On a side note!

I'm going to be sending contracts to all our sponsors in the next week or so that I'm hoping will solve any future issues that our users might have and will also give the sponsors a better understanding of what is expected of them as well as no misunderstandings between the forum and them as far as the business end of things so to speak.
Misunderstandings and miscommunications are the root of most all problems these days.

ALSO, the garage in it's present form will more than likely be GONE in the next few days as well.
Ya I know I'll probably get hate mail over it, BUT, I think it's outgrown the little usefullness that it once had.

Maybe a CLEAN joke section or something along those lines might be in order?
We're open to suggestions so feel free to email [email protected] .

One more thing while I'm rambling here.
Bryan will be revamping the complaint form thingy at the top of this page to make it more user friendly and also make a few changes to the donation amounts. We've lowered the sponsorship fees by a considerable amount from what they were.
There are several other sites that do a fund raising drive once or twice a year (THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN HERE)!
That's why we opened the classifieds up to everyone for free! That's what we have sponsors for isn't it!

All that being said and seeing and hearing what's happened elsewhere when someone donated monies. Don't think for a minute that just cause you pass along some dough that it will give you more power or leverage on how things are done here. It won't happen. Not being smart or anything, I'm just telling you like it is up front and want no misunderstandings what so ever.

Gone in the next few days? Try NOW
lol.gif

The Garage is gone, totalled by the 106MPH winds that went thru NW IN yesterday...

It was an experiment that went in a totally different direction than Bob or I expected. What ended up in there is easily found elsewhere on the internet, there's no reason for us to provide it here.

You'll note a CLEAN Jokes subtopic in the Sandbox. I filled it in with Kraig's Survivor joke from last week. Please post them in that subtopic. I don't know yet if the subtopic will float amongst the other threads or stay at the top of the page. The next version of Discus will support stickies, we'll sticky it then...

As Charlie said, keep 'em clean. While many 14 year olds know filthier jokes that we probably do, let's try and take the high road here.
wink.gif

What is the forum's collective opinion on a set of lights that keep blowing fuses only when the engine is running. xx2/3 series tractor.

Hope all is well, I know I will be spending a lot more time around here now.

Jonathan -

Collective? What, are we all Borg?
lol.gif

I like that. Those episodes were just on last week.

Jonathan, I would suspect a short caused by worn insulation at one of the wiring harness clamps to blow a fuse. The vibration of the engine is causing the bare wire to rub on a ground. That's not a collective opinion, just one guys.
crazy.gif

I'll bet Q would know what's going on with that fuse, cuz us humans are inferior...

Sounds like I better plan for a "seperation" of the saucer, I mean, transaxle section.;o)

I'll be the first to post it:

"To boldly mow where no man has gone before."

Latest posts

Back