• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 21, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdiederichs

displayname
Jim Diederichs
Thanks Kraig, I have been waiting to hear from him. Oh well, whenever he is ready....

Hey guys. I havent been around in a lonnnggg time. Hope all is well. I ran across a 782 that I picked up. Acording to the air cleaner cover it is the series 2 motor... BUT there is no oil filter. In my experiences there have always been an oil pump and filter on the series 2 motors. Is this just a series 1 with a different air cleaner cover or can it still be a series 2. Thanks, Tyler. By the way, this is an extremely LATE 782. It has to be one of the very last red ones. It is the black front axle, MTD tranny, and minus the IH apparell.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has installed a Hour / Tach meter on their CC. I Installed a Redington Model 51 (5140) version on my 1450 several months ago and it has worked great. I have checked the RPM's with a hand meter direct on the drive shaft and the RPM match up with the redington meter.

I looked through the archive and read a few notes on installing an analog tach but was wondering if anyone else have used other types of meters on their CC?

Tyler the oil filter was an option on a Series II not standard equipment. Roger

Awesome, so it is still the pressurized motor that was less prone to failure than the KT-17? Thank you alot!!

installing a new wiring harness on a 128.

my new wiring harness, IH-56286-C92, has female slide on type molded female spade jacks for the voltage regulator. My voltage regulator has "screw through the lug" type connectors.
new wiring harness wont fit old voltage regulator.

any suggestions? buy new regulator? make up a wire with female spade on one end and ring lug on the other as a converter?

Frank:
Cut the spade ends off and put ring or hook crimpons on.... (Replace a good regulator ???? I hope you were kidding...
wedgie.gif
)

i thought about cutting the terminals off the wiring harness, but it is new. I hate to do that.
especially if i ever replace the regulator and it has the spade type terminals.
everything on this tractor is old, and something has been causing it to stall, so I have already replaced half the parts on it any way, whats a new regulator?
but, thanks for the suggestion. I was just hoping someone had a better idea then cutting the terminals off.

Make that three with the two dipsticks .K301 spec47376b. This is on a 107 I restored.

Frank....You should be able to find a male blade that screws down, not sure of the correct name but I used to have a bunch from various projects I've had. That way there's no need to cut the ends off. I will look in the AM and see if I have any left.

Lewis P.,
I'll bet the tag on the engine in your 107 is a sticker and not riveted on... am I correct?
1a_scratchhead.gif

What is the Serial Number on the engine tag? Mine is 3147530, maybe it's close to your Serial number...
confused.gif

Ryan Wilke

I have two engines with two dipsticks. A 147 and 127.

Frank; Some regulators come with the kit to use spade or screw on terminals.I think the brand name is Standard. Check with your parts store.

Hey guys, IIRC, Kohlers do NOT have two dipsticks...Some models do have a short dipstick one one side & a short tube for it and on the other side of the engine block is a long tube for oil fill (this is NOT a diptsick tube !!).

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron:
At least Kohler provided a dip stick..Brings to mind the 8 HP Briggs in the little old MF hydro I gave my son.. It had a oil level plug low on the block and a fill hole high on the block.. He did an oil change (his first on the tractor) and called me over to his place to find out why it was running bad and blowing oil out of the carb..... yup, he'd filled that block up to the top hole....
clappy.gif

Lewis P.,
Thanks for the reply.
It appears your engine has a manufacture date of May 1969, per the FAQ #10; https://www.ihcubcadet.com/IHCCFAQ/IH%20LOUISVILLE%20WORKS%20SN.htm

Myron B.,
Ok, agreed. I should have phrased it as engines with "dual tubes" rather than "dual dipsticks".

Luther H.,
VERY Interesting...a 14HP with "dual tubes". All I've heard of (to date) are K301A (12HP) engines with dual tubes.
If you don't mind, please share your the data for your two engines:

- Are they sticker or riveted data plates
- What is their model#
- What is their Spec#
- What is their Serial #.
Thanks!

So far, it seems that these dual tube engines were only built between '69 and '71 and only 12 or 14HP.

<font color="0000ff">Anyone else out there with a dual tube Kohler? </font>

Thanks -- Ryan Wilke

MIKE N. - Been many of Us here try to use TINY-TACH tachometers & hour meters with various degrees of success. One I put on my old 129 14-15 yrs ago worked great for a while, maybe a year or two then started registering only half engine RPM & hours. I've had a regular HOBBS style hour meter on my CC 72 since 1985 that has worked great and reads almost 1600 hours now. My Buddy had it follow him home from work, I think it's a Stewart-Warner brand, installed it a week or so after the rebuilt K241 was installed. I bought My 982 about 8-9 yrs ago with a new non-branded Northern Tool hour meter that works O-K also and rolled up about 260 hrs.

I'm not familiar with the Redington brand tach/hour meter. I've got a photo-electric tach I use to check governed RPM on my engines but I'd sure like to put a tach and some other gauges on the 72, namely cyl. head temp, oil temp, exh. gas temp, and a tach. I've looked at several brands and types, both analog & digital. Bad thing about cheap analog gauges is they don't last, custom quality gauges are brutally expensive, digital gauges are hard to read in bright sunlight, and they ALL take up much more room for installation than I have available on the 72.

Frank,,,some digging and you should be able to find the adaptor tabs for your harness. Maybe Mcmaster has them.

Can deck spendel bearings on a 44 inch deck be tighened to remove the play in them? If not I am out two bearing sets.Nuts!

JERRY, FRANK - I bet Your local auto parts store has those clips to convert screw-on terminals to spade connectors and vice-versa.

Also Jerry, On Your 44" deck is there a chance the looseness of the bearing is between the bearing insert on the shaft and the bearing housing? The bearing has to fit REALLY snug in the housing. One of the spindles on my 50C was/is loose, I tried shimming the inside of the housing to tighten it up, worked good for about one mowing and now it's loose again!
If the bearing itself is loose then it's worn-out, no adjustment or "User Servicable Parts Inside"

Latest posts

Back