• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 21, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few questions for our diesel Friends out there. I realize this is not really IH made from all the discussion lately but hopefully its still ok to post here. If not feel free to remove it! Not here to break rules.

I was out to Chris Westfalls in Lancaster OH, this weekend and bought a 782D off of him. I Truely love it. Its the best ever but it needs a bit of help.

First I need some manuals. I have read where SOME repo manuals are of poor quality. Not going to name names of suppliers here but where would be the best place to get GOOD, Clear prints of the manuals. I'm guessing Binder books because I have heard lots of good stuff about those folks...

Along those same lines are there differnet manuals for the engine on this machine that I should get from kubota?

I assume there are service, operators, parts? Can someone confirm any of this? I am used to the quietline series so i'm not sure exactly which ones were offered.

It runs good etc and starts great but he said no maintenance in awhile. So hytran and oil and I was thinking of flushing the radiator with one of those kits you buyto do it yourself? Are they any good? Or just leave that go.

and finally i'm looking for some input on what all maintenance this type of tractor and engine should have. My experience with Diesel is 0 and I wish to keep it for a long time so hopefully get started on the right track here!

Thanks for any comments or help.

(Message edited by mroxby on August 23, 2004)

I grew up in the farmlands of Indiana state, for oil dont just use any motor oil for a diesel, they make too much soot for a gas engine oil to cope with, I have run Shell Rotella T High Detergent oil in all my diesels, both tractor and pickup truck. If you live in a cold climate area like I do, use the block heater when the temp goes below 32' makes it much easier on the battery and glow plugs when starting. when replacing the battery, go with the highest cca battery that will fit. And if you live in a cold climate make sure you winterize your diesel fuel, I use a treatment I got from a local diesel repair shop, made by Power Services, it raises the Cetane rating and winterizes the fuel, I have never had one of my diesel gell up in cold weather. As far as manuals we will have to have someone else answer that one as I need them for my new 882 diesel. Cheers Mike

Poor left turn radius - cc127

Did not find anything doing a search on the board - is there a modification or adjustment that can improve left turn radius?
Thanks

Jim, count the turns of the steering wheel from full left lock to full right lock, then turn the wheel half the distance so you have the same number of turns left to right. Then adjust the drag link so the wheels are pointing straight. This should give you the same turning radius right and left, but be aware that it's a compromise your right turning radius will now be less.

Had an interesting experience on the 1450 yesterday.

A rattle was getting louder up front - I assumed it was the mule drive cuz it rattles a lot...

Turned out it was the air cleaner cover - the wingnut backed off a bit, the "pointy" end of the cover drooped down and elongated the hole and ate the threads in that section of the stud.

Sigh. To top it all off, I got about 90% done with mowing the back yard when I heard a loud POP and the engine got real loud. The muffler managed to disengage itself. I'll have a chance to look inside the air box this evening and see what happened. I may need a muffler crutch real soon now
wink.gif

Hmmm, I can see if the air cleaner comes loose on my slant grill narrow frame 125 and tighten it before any damage can occur. :eek:p

Kraig -

And I can see it even better with the bigger cover on my WIDE FRAME 169!
lol.gif

Bryan, I'm not so certain that the larger air cleaner sticks out much farther on a wide frame then the smaller cover on a narrow frame due to the wider hood on a wide frame.
21070.jpg

21071.jpg

Bryan - My Brother-in-law had that happen on His "green tractor" He had several years ago, the wingnut backing off on the air filter and it cost Him an engine. Cover & filter setting down behind the grill since that model of tractor the engine sat cross-ways in. Expensive problem since it was K-341 powered.

Bryan
One thing you can do is follow the wingnut with a nylon locknut. I don't think even a quietline can shake those loose!
Jerry

This is my first time writing to this list even though I have visited this site along time ago.

Anyway, I finally purchased a 782 cub cadet. I also have a 42 in snowblower to go with it. I am wondering what size belt do I need for the snow blower since it didn't come with one. Also do I want to use an orginal cub belt or is there another belt that will work just as good or not better.

Thanks!

Jim Storma

Reference the Air Cleaner Nut situation, you can also obtain a Nylock Wing Nut. They DON'T vibrate off.

Roland B. -

I was going to mention those - the local True Value has (or at least had) them, oddly enough...

Jim,

Call Madson's or C&G they will be able to get the belt for you. Go with the Cadet belt, it will last you a looooong time.
proud.gif

I am a newbe to this list.

I am a proud owner of a 782 equipped with a 48" mower and blower.

My main complain is that the mower seems to push the grass over and not raise the individual blades of grass and cut them. The end result is a very ragged job.

Can you folks suggest what I should do.

The John Deere that I had came with three different blade configurations to vacuum lift the grass so as to cut it evenly - or not as you chose.

Don H.
I hate to ask, BUT, are you really sure that the blades are on right side up? Just a thought since 82 series decks are usually very good mowing decks.

Don H:

In addtion to what Digger said, and speaking from my experience with a 782 w/50C deck, the blades should be sharp, and run your motor at full throttle. The is assuming that nothing is slowing your deck down like worn belts, bad mule drive or deck spindle bearings.

anybody check out ebay.seems some thing wrong with the bid history on bids. if you check on a auction before it ends and check the bid history you can see how much someone is bidding!well i gess its no big deal it not there hightest bid amount

(Message edited by mlarubina on August 23, 2004)

Latest posts

Back