• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 20, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
322030.gif

Has anyone ever welded the cross brace back on a hood if so what was the best way to weld it?

Earl, I shouldn't answer questions so early in the morning... LOL..
I saw starter & Briggs... now I see it's a starter generator.. oops.. :cool: Better come up with plan "B"..

Tim D., Tig preferred, Mig works good.

Thanks Matt and Mike. I was disappointed, it was on a Kohler stand alone engine I bought, should have guessed when the pulleys didn't line up with each other.

catching up...

The "minty" original from friday -
Also a good example of the 3 blade deck adapter setup, with front pto clutch!

Hydro Harry,

That's an interesting basket pulley puller you have there. I haven't seen that one before. Thanks for sharing.

Ron - I believe that basket pulley puller actually belongs to Frank Currier up in forests someplace in Maine, or he may have started to make one like it.

Charlie - ya I didn't know if Frank made that one or was involved or did something with Jeff. If you're gonna be working on Cubs it's definitely worth having one of those.

Charlie, I take it that the Mint (I believe it's actually "Vista Green") colored Original is someones recreation of one of the prototypes? Do you have any more detail on it?

For those interested, here's a link to where Paul Bell's high resolution photos and info on the colored Cubs is located: CAUTION ->High resolution versions of Prototype CC photos.

I have a Brinley Hardy 5 tooth plow for my 149 and am wondering if I should paint it IH white or if the white for those is slightly different.

Aaron, Brinly used Wimbledon White on their implements. Here's a link to a discussion on it: Wimbledon White Paint However, I think most here prefer to use IH White on them.

Well, with the care package showing up last night I was able to reassemble my electric lift. Works nice, though I won't say it sounds brand new(motor is a bit rough), but it goes in and out without issue.

I did get the clutch off the front of the motor the other day. Didn't need to build anything special. I was able to use my big puller, hooked behind the spoked portion of the clutch, a light dab of heat to the center hub and just tap on the threaded portion of puller. It popped up and slid off without much fuss. Didn't damage anything.

The rod/piston is out of it. Bore looks nice, no damage. Going to bring a bore gage home from work and see how tapered it is. Hope to make a down/dirty rebuild with quick hone and new rings. If too much taper I'll bore it and do it right. Had a fellow in the garage over the weekend as he dropped off some race car parts I'm repairing. He said he used to do lots of Kohler work at his shop. Told me to replace the rod as they break without much warning. I know my 1966 100 broke the dipper off the bottom and locked up without any sign of problem. Just locked up. For the money I might just do it all? The crank looks fine, the rod journal is not hurt at all, as is the rod itself.

I got a few pics, but need to get them downloaded.

Now, my 127 originally came with electric lift and the mounting pin is a 3/4" post on a bracket bolted to the frame. Barely visible in this picture.
322045.jpg

My lift came with a threaded bushing. I have a picture showing that style of mount. My lift was suppose to be a narrow frame version. What is this picture of?
322046.jpg

I can make anything I need, so revamping it is no big deal.

I think all you need is a big bronze bushing to go in that lug on the forward end. McMaster-Carr should have something close enough for you to make one out of.

I was going to just drill out the existing threaded bushing to make it, but Mcmaster was on the list if that didn't work out. They are local to me, if I order early in the morning it shows up after lunch.

My IH CC 100 was running when I more or less retired it I used it to cut some grass and did some light grading with it Just moving and leveling some sand in coastal Georgia for my boat house. I have a 4'blade. I rescued it about 18 years ago from a repair shop. It had been abandoned along with several others there and I asked for it and they were happy to give it to me , so I gave them the money to get it running and fix some other stuff. It served me well also pushing snow from my parking lot at my office. My driveway had just enough slope to prevent the sunshine reaching it to melt it, and I spent more time trying to get my customers back in the road than I did practicing vet medicine. I need to move it along, and now arrive at my problem.
Please forgive the long introduction, but I thought a little history might help. It has been "resting" for 10 or 12 years!

I have replaced fuel lines, cleaned gas tank, new fuel filter installed, and carburetor cleaned. Borrowed a battery from my 149 and tried to start it just to warm it up for an oil change. It turns over but I don't see any spark at all. I'll get a new plug, but wondering what's next if that doesn't fix it. Not sure how to check the coil, condenser, points (well sorta), and voltage regulator and in what order. I appreciate any help.

Latest posts

Back