• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 18, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim,
All black AFAIK.
30175.jpg

Attachments

• 30175.jpg
    30175.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 30175.jpg
    30175.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 140
Charles,
The belt for the 44 inch mower deck as well is IH-59971-C1 and is 3/8" x 78"

For those who were at Freeport and thought I had a head gasket problem (thus the oil all over things) - it's not.

The PO had put all the nuts ON TOP of the pipe spacers, not under them. Duhhhhh...
lol.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 129
Just for those that know where Bryan picked up the 107. I was only holding it for a friend when he asked about it.
wink.gif

I never put a wrench near it with out supervision of a trained tinkerer.
proud.gif

(Message edited by till on August 20, 2005)

Attachments

• proud.gif
    proud.gif
    926 bytes · Views: 139
  • wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 128
Got my KT-17 series I running again today. Also installed it in the 782 it came in.
30179.jpg

It seems to have some hydro issues. The lift works but the tractor won't move. The release valves were squirting fluid out so I installed a set of non-auto release valves. Still won't move. All it will do is whine when lever is moved forward. Removing the dipstick shows it to be 1/2 to 1 quart low on fluid. The fluid is perfectly clear (isn't that supposed to be red??) and it has a NAPA hydraulic filter on it.

So.....anybody know what I should try to do to get this thing to work?

Attachments

• 30179.jpg
    30179.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 131
  • 30179.jpg
    30179.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 139
Guys, can I take the ported pump, valve, lines, cylinder, and such from a 1450 and place them into my 129 so it will have hydrolic lift? I assume I can, I just wanted to know if I would have to change or modify any of the parts before they go into the 129.

Also does the manual lift handle of the 129 just come off with a roll pin being punched out? Then all I would have to do was switch to the 1450 lift mechanism with out the handel?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bryan, yes, and yes although the lift handle will come off the shaft hard.

OK guys, I have been given the green light on 40+ acres of bean ground. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to host this falls Plow Day. It would be around Ashton Il the weekend of Oct.22? I kinda thought. Ashton is 10 miles west of Rochelle. Let me know your thoughts.

Oh, I forgot to mention. Went to an auction today with my dad and we had a 1206!!!follow us home!!! So cool to see my dad back on the seat of a 12-O. We are like kids at Christmas. This has to be one of my best days.

One more question about the hydrolic lift on the 129 from a 1450. The 1450 has an internal brake. My 129 has the dual disk brakes. I know I can just switch the pump but am conisdering switching the entire rear housing as my 129 housing is broke out around the bottom bolt on the rear plate. This place being broken out makes it impossible to seal completely so it always leaks a little oil.

Is the internal brake any good, or should I switch out the axles too, and use my disk brakes for the 129 housing? Then how would I disconect the internal brake?

I will be there as a spectator. With a really big fan of tractors. Though his is three feet tall.
happy.gif
See y'all there.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 128
Glen E,

I'm in for some plowing.
thumbsup.gif

You get any pics of that 1206, I always did like the way those fine tractors looked.
ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 125
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 124
Bryan,

I agree with Matt just use the entire rearend from the 1450

Are the rear fenders the same between the 1450, and the 129? The 1450 fenders are a lot straighter than my 129's so I may swap them too while I am at it!

I guess I will part out the rest of the tractor.

Bryan B-
It is petty much the same tractor with side panels and a bunch of shrouding on the motor to keep it quite. Yes, the fenders will work.
thumbsup_old.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 122

Latest posts

Back