• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 18, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just fine Tedd. I stood outside in the sunshine and watched it go north of me. It is amazing how the sun can be shining in one place and 20 miles north of you they are watching for tornados and heavy rain.

Tedd,
All's fine north of Hyw 10.
All we got was some rain, no wind.
Could use about the same amount of rain daily for a week. 3/8" total rain.

Wes -

Yeah it is. Here's what it looked like from Grayslake, IL...

30164.jpg

Attachments

• 30164.jpg
    30164.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 30164.jpg
    30164.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 149
Tedd,

We chedder types prefer to say we are north of the toll booth curtain
biggrin.gif

They really got slammed hard in Stoughton which is 12 miles SW of me. The weather guessers are saying it was an F4 or F5 tornado.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 144
Glad to hear from you all.

Jim,

I can live with that. "North of the Toll Booth curtain"
happy.gif
That is too funny.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 139
I'm pretty darn close to getting the lift hydraulics installed on my narrow frame tractor, but how the heck does one get that little belt on? I pulled the 7/16 bolts from the "trapped" pulley but the pulley doesn't drop out. I figured it was sandwiched in there, but nope. (Why they didn't go with chain??)

Chris,
You have to pull the engine bolts then slide the engine ahead 3/4". Or tilt the engine back. You should be able to get the belt on.

Chris,
Try wiggleing the pully as you pull on it, it is recesed aprox 1 inch and alines with 1 pin. (as far as I rember)

Thanks guys for the help.I think I have found the problem.Two of my anti rattle springs were
missing.Probably old and brittle.New ones on the way.
Thanks again and thanks for letting me be a part of this forum.
Jimmy Davis

Lonny B
A good Clutch pedal return spring might take out some of the pedal rattle, if it has not already been replaced. See Charlie P's link Illust 2-12. Usually these springs just break and fall away. Dave

Can any one tell me the size of the belt on a 129 that goes from the front pto to the mule drive on the back of the tractor and also what tractors are wide frame and those that are not.

Charles A,
Are you looking for the length of the belt that goes from the front PTO to the mower deck if so, what size mower deck do you have. Also Wideframes are pretty much everything from 1x8/1x9 and after. So your 129 is a wideframe. Anything before that was considered a narrorw frame and that was 1x6/1x7 and before. Hope this shines a little light on it.

Kevin, I was looking for the belt size for the belt that goes from the front pto to the mule drive on the back of the tractor that the belt from the rotary tiller attaches to, also the belt size mower would help. It is a 44 in. mower deck thanks

Chaarles A.
Sorry,
I guess I was supposed to tell you rather than show you where to get the information you wanted.
As Tedd would say, "MY BAD!"

Tiller belts from the CC Blade and Belt Reference Guide

IH-549250-R1 PTO 86-169 13/32x143

were the 82 series ornaments black? I got a cast aluminum one today from Madsons service and it was painted black. I was under the impression (not seeing one before)that they would be chrome. If black; are they the same black as the steering colum? I also got new tie rods. I was also under the impression that these were chrome too. Were those ever painted? Mine came just steel.

The girlfriend and I went to the Oconto Falls fair last night where they had a garden tractor pull. We got to sneak around to the pit area on our way out and saw a few IH cub cadets. Wish I had a camera, they were all souped up with extended frames, they did a good job making them look like a 966. If I remember right there was a very nice slant grile that looked like it could have been stock but I heard it pull and it was throwing some really high R.
bubbly.gif
looks like fun! There didn't seem to be any stockers though.

Attachments

• bubbly.gif
    bubbly.gif
    9 KB · Views: 139

Latest posts

Back