• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 18, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glen E.,
You have a question mark after your Plow Day date of October 22. When do you think you'll be able to come up with a final date? I'd really like to make it. I haven't been able to get to Plow Day since Dave Ross hosted near Prophetstown. I had a blast there, and I'm looking forward to it again.

I wasn't looking at a calender when I posted a date. I was told that my wifes cousin was getting married on the 22nd. So I figured it was a saturday. I will lock in the date by Monday night.

1250 vs 147!!! which is a better all around tractor to plow snow and mow?? which is easier and cheaper to get attachments for???

Glen E, sounds great hopefully everything works out for the 22nd.

When I was disassembling my M18 engine, I had trouble getting screws and bolts out due to corrosion of steel & aluminum. Would it be a good idea to use anti-sieze compound on reassembly? The manual doesn't mention that. And would this affect the torque values?

Thanks

poof.gif

<font color="ff0000">Sure you had a choice. You could've contacted us and asked what was up first. The only reason one would lose access to the classifieds is not paying for the access. The same password that lets you post here lets you post in the classifieds IF you've paid.</font>

Attachments

• poof.gif
    poof.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 137
  • poof.gif
    poof.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 131
Someone's got a 4WD crew cab International pickup in great-looking shape down the road from me a ways with a for sale sign on it. A vo-ag teacher I worked with had one of those thirty years ago and swore by it.

I use anti-sieze on dissimilar metals and on anything exposed to water. I don't alter torque values.

I'd go with the 147 over the 1250. Two more horsepower and no electric PTO. Otherwise basically the same.

Why would anybody in their right mind want a mechanical PTO over an electric PTO, and why would anybody want a Starter Generator over the later model starter??????

hy i have watched this site for quite some time and finly deciced to join in. here are some pictures of the 62 origional that my dad and i have been working on
30208.jpg
30209.jpg

Attachments

• 30208.jpg
    30208.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 30209.jpg
    30209.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 30208.jpg
    30208.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 30209.jpg
    30209.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 153
Richard C. -

And why would anyone want to wrestle with a hydro without a removable tunnel cover? I know that I don't wanna have to mess with my 107's hydro...

Bryan-

I'll let you know how bad of a job that is. My 125 needs that one thingy on the hydro welded.
rant.gif

Richard C.-

I'd rather have the electric PTO and the S/G. No bendix to stick on there.
whistling.gif

(Message edited by mgonitzke on August 21, 2005)

Attachments

• rant.gif
    rant.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 139
  • whistling.gif
    whistling.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 133
a. cost
b. never had a problem with starter/generator. simplicity.

Paid? last time I e-mailed you about this problem, you e-mailed me the password. I tried it; it didn't work. No mention of payment was made. I HAVE seen notices about patronizing the sponsors however.

The belt from the pto to the deck on the 106 broke tonight. I was hoping to make it through the season before I had to mess with it but, alas, no such luck. Since I had already ordered the new lift links, adjustment bolts and springs for the mule drive I decided now would be the time to put them on. The new belt that I have is a 1/2"x81", the deck is a 421U1113 42" deck. All the parts went on nicely but now I can't hook up the deck. It won't go far enough forward to get the spring pins into the holes on the back of the frame. It seems like the belt is too short. I have a new spring on the mule drive pulley and have let the adjustment nut out to the very end of the bolt on the other pulley and still not enough room. Maybe the adjustment bolts for a tiller are shorter than the ones for a mower deck? I only need about an inch. Any hints on further adjustments I can make or should I just get a longer belt? Just need to mow 2 or 3 more times.

LISA,
IF THE BELT IS THE CORRECT ONE IT MAY JUST HAVE TO STRETCH A LITTLE DURING THE FIRST USE. LOOSEN UP THE TENSIONER NUT OR PUSH THE IDLER RATCHET IN TO THE LOCK POSITION. IT MAY HELP IF YOU SIT DOWN ON THE FLOOR IN FRONT OF THE TRACTOR (WITH THE BRAKE ON) AND USE YOUR FEET AND LEGS TO PUSH THE MOWER BACK FAR ENOUGH TO GET ONE SIDE TO LATCH. WHEN THE FIST SIDE LOCKS, DO THE SAME ON THE OTHER SIDE. WHEN IT LOCKS, RELEASE THE IDLER RATCHET AND/OR TIGHTEN THE TENSIONER NUT.

I prefer the mechanical PTO. It's nice to engage certain implements (chipper/shredder, tiller, mower decks, etc) slowly rather than BANG!!!

could any one send me a diagrahm on wiring for a the head lights on a 1250!!!! please!!! PREFER A COLOR CODED ONE!!!!

Latest posts

Back