Archive through August 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckrill

displayname
Charles Krill
HELLO TO EVERYBODY!!! i am new to the forum, as you can probably tell, i got my first Cub Cadet-a 126-just 2 days ago, i like it, does anybody think it would be a crimeto put a pipe where the exhaust is, and reposition the exhaust so it has a stack, since it was made with actual tractor parts? n i think it would make it look more like a tractor. i'll probably be getting 3 more Cub Cadets after awhile from an uncle who hardly throws anything away, another 126, and at least one 102, he has another one that is in parts, but we think it may be another 102.

Art,
Teasing? Not really. As you know, production started with S/N 590, and there are several people that have Cub Cadets with S/N's below that, and as you also know, I was lucky enough to have once owned 3 of those tractors.

Charles K: Welcome to the Forum, the world of Cub Cadets, and lots of friendly folks. No crime would be involved unless it's represented as a restoration...Take care and put a brace on the up tube....I don't think the Kohler block was designed to take the potential stress you can get with a looooong tractor like pipe and a much heavier vertical muffler. A number of others have made that conversion to a big tractor look-a-like, so have at it...

:)-}>...If you get those other Cub Cadets, you will likely be diagnosed with the Yellow/White fever. Its contagious and uncurable!! I've had it for years....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Charles, welcome!
groupwave.gif
Do a forum search on exhaust and you'll find all sorts of stuff in the archives. Here's One Page I found. And note what Myron stated about bracing.

Paul B., nice find!
89802.jpg

Michael, looks like a decent 129! A used head should be fairly easy to find, place an add in the classifieds and you could be up and running in no time.

Art, hmmm, 696, I thought you had 969?
89803.gif
89804.gif
roflol.gif

ihrotate.gif
Hey Myron, i totally already have it!!!! & by the way, thanks for the welcome, when we looked at them, my uncle told me i could have them if i could get them outta there, he had tons of other parts & 3 almost complete engines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey, a funny little fact, my dad has a new super LT 1544, and he says my 126 would and probably will outpull, outrace, and outlast his! but, they dont make em like they used to, with metal hoods, and cast grill holders, ect.
ihrotate.gif

wow, i cant keep up with u guys, O.K., to anybody who says welcome in the future, thank-you.

ihrotate.gif
}<font color="ff0000">hey, by the way, does anybody have any tips on simple and cheap storage? like any ways to build a cover/lean-to, or somthing?</font>

Charles, that sounds like a good topic for the Sandbox forum or possibly the Machine Shop forum. Having enough storage is always a problem. I know I don't have enough storage space.

I posted these questions across the street, so for you guys who visit both forums, sorry for the repeat.

My 8" 1 hole plow has IH stamped hex head bolts holding the turnbuckle on. All the other bolts on the plow are either plow bolts, or square head bolts, and all the nuts are square head. I'm wondering if the turnbuckle bolts should be square head also? Anybody have a parts list for the early (built 1964) plow?

My other question is on the brinly sleeve hitch mounted dump cart. Should there be any Brinly decals other than the serial # decal?

Charles K: You are confusing a Lawn Tractor(LT) with a Garden Tractor. Stay out of the box stores, go to a real Cub Cadet dealer and look at the 2500 series and the 3000,4000,5000, etc., series Cub Cadets for their current garden tractors. In the old IH days, a Cub Cadet was the IH garden tractor only . However, in modern times with a different owner/manufacturer, the name Cub Cadet is now a generic corporate name, which includes everything they make or sell....not just garden tractors...

With over 2 dozen operational units, let me know when/where you find that scarce as "hens teeth" storage.....
bouncy.gif

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Allen,

LOL! Great idea. Let's all thank Kraig for undertaking yet another task for the Forumers. heheh.

Charles, Welcome. I also have a 126 as my first Cub. Go ahead and personalize it how you want. We've had all kinds posted on here, from green Cubs to blue to boat seats to boat fenders to hood mounted bells...

Stack mufflers are common. There are a few (more)hints to be found, too.

Allen S: Now why didn't I think of that...Kraig, we are waiting for some action here...Those Zip-Locks aren't worth a poop when used in an outside environment!! DTDT...
pop.gif

Myron B

What should my points be set at on my 128?? I am planing on replacing them and the condenser. Does anyone have any tips or advice? THanks Dustin

new.gif
and Improved Giant Ziploc ® Storage Bags <blink>NOW</blink> with UV stable plastic.

Dustin, have you checked out "Kirk's Engines, Inc." PointSaver &#153;? See the link above.

89807.jpg

I have the storage problem solved-

"If you don't like tractors, stay out of the kitchen." Of course, I wouldn't actually store tractors in the kitchen- not while there's still room in the living room and bedroom....

Latest posts

Back