• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 12, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone just looking for your thoughts on tractor batteries? Thanks ahead of time for your help

Charlie - of course there is gas - but there were bubbles coming into the fuel filter from the carb but was doing that yesterday also. Shut down was closer the shutting off the key versus running out of gas. How do you lock the release lever in place?

Bubbles!!!
That's not a good sign.
You might have something loose somewhere letting is suck air from the wrong places, LOL

There's a few 1x9's that have a little 90 degree piece of steel that flips up to hold the relief lever, you must not have one.
You can either tie it up or have someone set on the tractor to hold it up.

ORRRR,
Wait for it to bleed off and it will roll without the lever engaging the valves, BTDT many times.

307801.jpg

307802.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• 307801.jpg
    307801.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 307802.jpg
    307802.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 123
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 307801.jpg
    307801.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 307802.jpg
    307802.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 124
Charlie-

I've never seen the little 90* piece of metal on a 1x9 to hold the relief lever up. I've seen it on several narrow frame hydros though. Maybe Kraig has a pic of one. I cut a wedge shaped piece of wood just for that job.

Charlie, I'm going to get the IH 42" snow blade ready with a good clean up and some white paint for the front of it this afternoon. Put it on my 1450, and adjust the shoes, and work on getting more lift out of the lift rod and tractor!

Also, thank you for the suggestions on helping me figure out what the noise may be from my 1450. Hydro Harry, I don't believe it's a rod in my k321aqs. This engine operates like new, aside from points adjustment now and then.

On another note, cleaning up the k301 in my 125. Noticed that the piston is wearing a little directly across from the exhaust valve. I'm wondering if the former owner had the carb set on the lean side for a while. There was an amazing amount of carbon build up which ultimately caused the valve to stick open. Anyhow, it's a very nice looking IH Cub Cadet!

Jason W, Say, that's a good idea for moving your 149 around! On my 1450, I have to slightly hold the forward and reverse valve's release lever up, then strong arm the right rear wheel around and around. It's nice to see I have that lever for the release lever on my 125!! Might be able to make that little 90* and install it on the side?

Back