• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 11, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plastic??
Let us know how they stand up when bumping something at 10* or so.

Working the 70 w/38" deck today, just for the heck of it. Thought I'd dig the little guy out of the shed and take it to the Chapter #5 IHCC show Labor Day weekend.

Kevin:
Regarding the keyway. I had one like that on the crankshaft where the front clutch pulley is. I had no choice so I welded in the key and then ground the shaft smooth so the pulley would fit. You have to grind the edge of the keyway to get enough weld to hold. So far it is holding. Nothing to lose but time.
Earl L

Wheeled what appears to be a 128 into the shop this AM
It had been repainted and the only ID I can find is the ser# on the rear axle 2050043U 401023 which puts it as a late '71 model into series 6
However, I cannot locate the kind code 0043 in Mr. Will's book.
Can anyone shed some light onto what this may be?

Dave-
I always enter those into the website above and it spits out a result-
316718.jpg

Attachments

• 316718.jpg
    316718.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 316718.jpg
    316718.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 119
Thanks Frank!

Got those two sorted out along w/the wire to the coil.
There is one more wire w/a snap coupler that breaks out of the harness near the end just before the S/G and coil wire.
Any idea what it's for? Look original to the harness. Colors are all faded out as it is the cloth covered type wire.

This is the only series 6 Cub I have so I have zero for comparison to go by.

Back