• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 10, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim S.-

A few years ago when I restored a 100 and made a new wiring harness for it, I used 8 gauge wire for the battery cables. If I were to do it again, I'd use 6. The larger the wire you use, the less voltage drop you will have at the starter.

Charlie - geez, a 4 paddle QA42A in the group too. Nice!!! Now, about your parking lot - it's sure looking empty.

Under Edit - hey, forgot to ask about that price list. How come it doesn't list the 169? Is it pre-74?
Interesting the price difference between the 129 and 149 is $230, but you get 2 more hp, hydra lift and lights. Seems well worth it to me. And in the spring Cub Cadet Sale season I'd guess the price was a little better.

Charlie P. Great present. Congratulations!

Our dealer must've quoted that extra $500 as what it would've cost us to have him install the hydraulic lift.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 116
Harry, OPEN yer EYES!!
It's right on the top of the page

Well it's back to the cemetery today for more dirt work.
Check it out in "The 882 at work" thread in the MTD CCC section.

Back at it again today at the graveyard.
Hey, it's OTF, what the heck!!
The little 882 never fails to amaze me!!

Slow and easy does the trick
Ground is such that it offers good traction when compacted by a few passes, much better than the sandy stuff we had to work with in the other section. I sourced this dirt myself and using it on the family plot.

I dump just about as much as it can handle at one pass to the end of the lane, level and then repeat the process.

Some places need about 18" in the deepest part.
I'm home now for lunch and will take the 1450 and tiller back to make some passes through the original high parts that are always scalped.
About 6 passes and the pick up box type trailer is empty. Glad it has a hoist even though it is a hand pump type.
Having fun too, like a big kid in a sand box!!

316629.jpg

316630.jpg

Attachments

• 316629.jpg
    316629.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 316630.jpg
    316630.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 316629.jpg
    316629.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 316630.jpg
    316630.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 113
Marlin H,

Regarding the price difference for the Hydraulic Lift option, keep in mind that there was 8 years difference between the 1972 and 1980 prices, which was a time of high inflation in the US. Cub Cadet prices more then doubled in that time period ($1675 vs. $4000 for a 149 vs. 782). IH would send out new price lists 3-4 times a year back then and the prices never went down!

I don't recall if hydraulic lift was an option on a 682 or not; but if it was, it would be essentially a 782, short of the IH chrome hub caps and deluxe seat. Ordering the lift option from the Louisville factory would have been much cheaper than the dealer ordering it through parts and installing it, especially when you consider having to swap out the non-ported hydro pump for a ported one.

On the 169 models, not all of them came with hydraulic lift due to lack of availability of lift components, even though it was suppose to be standard like the 149. However, all 169's did come with the ported hydro pumps, so the lift kit could be added by the dealer later should the customer want it.

I think that my 1450 is not charging the battery how is the charging system setup for the QLs

Thanks all for the advice with the thin wrenches. I got a tube from Ray in PA, good guy. Also got the dowel pin out by a guy who used Gibbs instead of PB Blaster. Wow! Worked great, but over $15 a can, anyone else try it? Picked up another spare hydro unit to see how they work, gonna rain all weekend, why not.

Back