• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 10, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gloughery

displayname
George Loughery
Ethan, that's exactly what happened. I don't have a 1" open end thin enough to hold the top nut. I slowly turned the bottom nut. My arm was blocking my view and I stopped to take a look and POW! In addition to thin open ends, I also need thin-walled sockets and good snap ring pliers. And the garage fridge is empty. I guess those 23x10.5 TruPowers will have to wait for next year!

I resently bought a 129 sight unseen and found it to have the 149 style hydraulic lift system on it. This morning I was on CL- Harrisburg Pa and there is another 129 with 149 style lift handle. QUESTION Was it optional on the 129's?

Frank:
How in HE!! do you forget you have a hole THAT BIG in your driveway??
Man, that thing qualifies as a Florida sink hole!!
blush.gif

Attachments

• blush.gif
    blush.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 149
Jim S., these might be helpful. With regards to the battery cables, I think the stock battery cables are 6 gauge wire, but don't quote me on that.

316603.jpg

316604.jpg

Attachments

• 316603.jpg
    316603.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 151
  • 316604.jpg
    316604.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 316603.jpg
    316603.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 136
  • 316604.jpg
    316604.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 149
Dale,

Yes, the hydraulic lift was an option on the 129. I believe it was an option on all the hydro wide frame tractors. However, on the 149 being the "big tractor" for the 1x8/9 (the 169 doesn't count since it was only produced for a few months at the end of the run) it came standard with hydraulic lift and lights, these were optional on the others. The non-manual option on the gear drive wide frame's was an electric lift similar to the 147, but installed "inside" the tractor in the same place as the hydraulic cylinder, not exposed like the narrow frame lift.

The electric lift is also listed as an option for the 109 and 129.

Found the most durable John Deere yet! It must have been pretty common to do this. I have one I started restoring and have seen a few other originals painted the opposite brand colors.
316619.jpg

Attachments

• 316619.jpg
    316619.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 316619.jpg
    316619.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 126
George-for the future you may want to run to your local auto supplier and pick up a set of what are tappet wrench there very thin for getting into tight places or run to harbor freight or tractor supply or whatever and grab a set of cheap wrenches and take them to the bench grinder and customize them so there thinner

Nate-
That's the tow rig that Juan Deere uses at their L&G test site at Swan Road. They need something that can handle pulling dead Xseries hydros from the test track.
animatedihbear.gif

Attachments

• animatedihbear.gif
    animatedihbear.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 152
  • animatedihbear.gif
    animatedihbear.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 146
Nate B.

I wonder if someone painted that "O" green so they could charge extra for the green paint?

Frank and David - not only how in the HE!! do you forget but how in the HE!! don't you see a hole that big before you drive into it???

Wayne - nice job getting things going again. As for rust, yes-sir-ee there certainly is different qualities of rust out there, and in my view SC has the worst (meaning best quality) rust in the country if that's what you want. You don't have to worry about me pickin' in your back yard. I had my share of that SC rust and won't buy it anymore.

George L - most of us have been there done that with something similar. I still think there's a chance you can get those TruPowers this year. Doubt a used tube with the connectors would cost that much.

Nate,

Whoever painted that poor cub like that needs a big
bottom.gif
bottom.gif
bottom.gif
!

Attachments

• bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 159
  • bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 141
  • bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 148
The hydraulic lift option was a costly option for any Cub Cadet that didn't have it as standard. When my ex and I bought the IH built 682 I asked the dealer how much extra for hydraulic lift. He said that it was a $500.00 option. That put it right up price wise to a 782. Suddenly $3500.00 became $4,000.00. We opted for just the manual lift on the 682.

I had a guy call the other saying he needed to get a Cub out of his way.
He wanted my address to drop it off.
I asked what he was asking for it and he said you don't understand!
I'm going to bring it, and dump it off in your parking lot.
So I gave him my address and sure enough, he shows up this morning with a 1450 in his trailer with all the original paperwork from day one.
He even had receipts from CC Specialties dating back to 2007, LOL
316624.jpg

I handed him 300 bucks and he handed 200 back and said he was good with gas and lunch money!

Attachments

• 316624.jpg
    316624.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 316624.jpg
    316624.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 137
Digger-so would you say it's the luck of the Irish or do you just have a horseshoe up your back side LOL

Charlie, sweet!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 142
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 139
  • happy.gif