• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 09, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick - great pictures!
There's something about rusty parts - what is it, the challenge, maybe the possibilities? (I've still got a couple of "possibility piles", including the 149..).

Man, I can take a hint....roof don't have to fall in on me to get it....when I post, no one else does...well, I'm done so you guys can come back now...

Rick I followed you again... don't give up

242986.jpg

242987.jpg

242988.jpg

Rick Albert...don't feel like the Lone Ranger for lack of responses. Been more than a few times I posted something and the thread went dead for hours afterward ! I always figured everybody was so in awe of my statements that they were speechless !
roflol.gif
whistling.gif

Allen:
thumbsup_old.gif
a---allalone.gif

Rick: I got an email from a guy in Minnesota awhile back. He made several statements but asked no questions. I felt no need to respond.
happy.gif

Hey, I didn't come in here to post - I came in to get my floor jack to help reinstall the deck on Matthew (149). I think the time has come to put a horn on Emma (125), too.
happy.gif

Jeff: Interesting trap door (top pic). What's the red light on the console base? Hey, I asked a question!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Frank...I certainly didn't want or expect responses to my posts...but it was 7hrs or longer before ANYONE posted ANYTHING....I didn't realize you had to ask questions only....oh,well..blame it on old age

Actually, Rick, I thought you were joking. You've been coming around here longer than I have!
Just put a different hour meter on Emma and mowed for an hour. Horn took a back seat. This hour meter may work out - the first one didn't. More to follow.
happy.gif

Under Edit: Ever notice that when it gets REALLY slow that Charlie posts? I took his posting of the Tiger Cub pics as an indication that he thought it's a good idea for us to try to pull this one off.
happy.gif

Frank...my man....I was joking....I thought you were serious....you come up with some of the funniest post ever....that waanbulance took me to the emerg. room....dehydration and blood pressure....guess I'll live...sorry for the misunderstanding....I know there is give and take around here....I just forgot those #$R%^&* emoticons
bash.gif
bottom.gif

First post so not sure if this is where it belongs. If not please advise.

I have a Cub 782 that by Dad bought new. I bought it from my Mother when he died about 20 years ago. A few days ago the 44C mower deck belt shredded and came off the pulleys. I noticed the spring loaded belt tension pulley was tilted and scrubbing the deck. The bolt holding the arm to the deck was badly worn as well as the hole in the deck. It appears this is a shoulder bolt which has frozen in the tension arm so all the motion was transferred to the threaded part of the bolt causing the bolt and deck wear. So far I have not been able to remove the bolt. I've soaked in PB Blaster and heated with a propane torch. My question is am I correct that this is a shoulder bolt and can be removed from the tension arm housing? A picture of a shoulder bolt I found for this deck shows a grease fitting. What I have must have been before this was added.

Looks like my picture didn't post so will upload it to Dropbox at:

LINK TO PHOTO

Thanks,
Dexter

Dexter,Welcome! Yes it's a greaseable assembly that is made to constantly keep spring tension on the drive belt. I looked at CCparts lookup pic blowup for the 44C. Thanks Charlie for pic...
Shift.gif

Got the 125 going. One wire fell off the saftey switch. What a pain to get too with the sickle bar mower on. Good thing I have small hands.

Dexter,

Can't see the other side of the bolt. Does it have a hex head like Charlie's photo? If it does I have had good luck clamping the part in a vise and using a impact wrench on the bolt. The hammering force tends to break things free. Put the PB blaster to it. Use the impact wrench some and repeat. Good luck!

Thanks for the fast replies guys! Yes the bolt has a hex head but it looks a bit different than the one Charlie posted. I don't have an impact driver but I sure have applied a lot of torque to the bolt head with a 3/4 drive socket and pipe assisted pull arm plus a good bit of persuasion with a 5 lb hammer. Now soaking overnight in PB Blaster.

Tried again to include picture by uploading attachment but don't see it when I preview post. Maybe posting with Explorer instead of Firefox browser is needed.

So will also upload it to Dropbox at:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15095569/cub_44c_tensioner_b.jpg

Dexter: Your suspicions are correct, as originally manufactured by IH/CCC I don't believe the bolt was fitted with a Zerk (at least the one on the three decks I've worked on were configured), but the REPLACEMENT parts have the grease fitting and the passageway as shown in the picture Charlie posted.
smile.gif

Charlie: Don't make me come over there.
Is there a way to number these posts to keep away from the Archive Bug?
I almost hate to ask that question because years ago I asked a similar question on another forum and was met with the response : "Do you want to learn to program". Whatever.
happy.gif

Dexter M.
The pic I posted in the new style tensioner arm. MTD in it's infinite wisdom now supplies a nut and bolt out on the end there yours wore out instead of a solid made piece, which I guess if you think about it, it might save a few bucks down the road by not having to replace the entire arm assembly is the idler bolt wears out.

Back